Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > New iOS 5.0.1 Update ‘Nothing Short of Amazing’

Previous  12
Author New iOS 5.0.1 Update ‘Nothing Short of Amazing’
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-11 17:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ahahaha, I love this "New iOS 5.0.1 Update ‘Nothing Short of Amazing’" It's completely relative, iOS 5 should never have been realised with the battery issue, and because this update has solved an issue makes it amazing? It's amazing that Apple have made an update to make battery usage go from crap to normal (well normal for an iPhone).

This is like buying a BMW only to find out it doesn't drive properly, so a couple months later they fix the problem and its amazing? No it's what it should have been like from the start.
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2011-11-11 16:19 ]
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2011-11-11 20:09

On 2011-11-11 16:52:09, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Seems iOS 5.0.1 has NOT solved the battery issue for many, in fact for some it has made it worse and now some of those who were previously unaffected have also begun experiencing awful battery life: http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-some---its-even-worse_id23707

I remembering reading about Apple's A5 chip apparently overheating in iPhones before the 4S was announced, this maybe hardware related, could Apple find themselves having to do a recall or stopping production for a while i wonder?

It's obviously not a hardware issue, since the problems are being either caused or solved by this update - meaning its software that's affecting things. There are obviously many varieties of settings, networks, usage patterns, and probably a mix of bugs scattered about the place - but the fact that reports are coming in from all types of phone with 5.0 (and 5.0.1) including the 4 and 3GS again suggests this isn't an issue with the 4S or the A5 processor.

I can only speak from my own experience but my 4S comfortably gets through a day's use with probably 20-30% to spare - that's the same or possibly better than my old 3GS, but an interesting difference is that my 3GS had an "enable 3G" switch which I typically had turned off, because 3G on my old network (O2) was poor where I live. The 4S has no such setting and I'm now on vodafone which offers good 3G coverage (everywhere I work at least - not my house) so its polling for/using 3G much more, but still holding up well.

PS - difficult to say yet if thats been improved by 5.0.1 but it's certainly not been worsened.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2011-11-11 19:12 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2011-11-12 00:55
It's the end of a longish day so here are the results of this jury - not so bad:
https://twitter.com/randomlytim/status/135142915461742593

Usage here would be about 15 minutes of calls, a dozen texts, checking email and syncing a couple of calendars every hour (in the background), reading and replying to a few emails, 20 minutes of music, lots of surfing, a couple of YouTube videos, a quick game of "crush the castle" (like a medieval angry birds), updating some apps from the store, and a fair bit of Facebook this evening with notifications pinging away etc. so a pretty typical day in the life of an iPhone.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2011-11-12 00:21 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-16 07:36
Darm after putting 5.0.1 on myphone
Im having probs Jailbreaking it all over again

Time to give it to a Experienced Guy to do lol

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 23:03
5.0.2 is supposedly out in the next week or so to tweak battery performance a little more and add more functionality to siri... watch this space.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-20 18:37
When will they add Siri onto a Update for myphone
Watched a few vids on it now it really does look alot of
Fun
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi