Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Who else don't want a smart phone?

Previous  12
Author Who else don't want a smart phone?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 23:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Was just thinking, how awesome would it be to have a Android smartphone with the P900 design? SE realy should look back at their past creations and try bring their designs.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2011-10-21 06:34
I havent entered in smartphone arena yet but i am fully agree with hihihans last post. Me too want everything in one. So far my k850i can do everything for me. And may be after few weeks, it will be my back up phone.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-21 07:10

On 2011-10-20 23:56:54, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Was just thinking, how awesome would it be to have a Android smartphone with the P900 design? SE realy should look back at their past creations and try bring their designs.

I'd prefer an updated version of this one... sans the antenna and as slim as the xperia ray

razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-10-21 11:24
@jplacson

R380; the true james bond phone I've never seen that phone being sold here have you?
10 years at Esato
Geezay
HTC Desire
PM
Posted: 2011-10-21 16:58
I can identify with the craving for a dumb/feature phone from time to time. For instance, when I want to make a call on my HTC Desire, I first of all have to press a button to wake up the screen, then swipe to unlock it, select the phone function and THEN make the call. With a dumb/feature phone all I do is unlock the screen, and make the call. Of course there are other things I can't quite enjoy with a dumb/feature phone but still sometimes...

Ah yes, the R380 was a great device. I didn't have one because I could not afford it but then Ericsson made true gems. Maybe they should look at how they can revive it as an Xperia "something"?
[ This Message was edited by: Geezay on 2011-10-21 16:01 ]
If it is to be it is up to me!
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-21 17:23
I think I'd be happier with a Android smartphone ala G900
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
vlotnet
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-01 07:11

On 2011-10-20 10:08:06, Aivar wrote:
Just wondering, am I the only one in here who does not want a smart phone? I like classical phone with non-touch screen and with keyboard.

There are some smartphones in the bar qwerty form-factor.

But there is less design and OS choice now. Too many smartphones looking and feeling very similar to each other, and many of them bulky. I can attest to shaking my head more than once when seeing SE's line-up, along with Nokia's.

Less cool phones with less design choices compared to a few years ago.

But you can still buy smartphones with keyboard and non-touchscreen. Like Nokia's E-Series; so you can have your cake and eat it too, assuming that's what you might want.

The problem is, there are no truly small smartphones, in my opinion. Or very few of them. UI choices are limited too. I will always appreciate tactile feel more than more fragile and less-likeable touchscreens, in my opinion. They are good for some things, but they're not necessarily best for everyone or every situation and they are easier to break.

sajithanand
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-04 07:34
Now a days, in a busy day to day life, I think it is required to own a smartphone which helps to life easy and work done very fast. [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi