Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung and Google announces Galaxy Nexus smartphone running Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

Author Samsung and Google announces Galaxy Nexus smartphone running Android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-10 04:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
And you should have Sony playing with this group sometime next year too! Id say they will give something like the PS Vita, hardware wise...

Exciting times ahead thats for sure!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-10 23:07
The thing is, Sony probably wont have the same little twinkle in its eye without Ericsson - for me anyway.

Anyway, heres my usual GSMarena links i always seem to post, but they are very good at delivering mobile news in a digestible form.

See how the new Nvidia Tegra 3 works and what it’s capable of, my favourite and most exciting looking future quad core cpu, which will hopefully power the Galaxy S3, or even ARM announces new Mali-T658 mobile GPU, promises 10x performance boost - which again will hopefully be around by spring next year.

This is why we need quad core cpu's Bonovox - so much more is possible with progress.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-11-10 23:11
I never get why we get so many GSMarena links here. but thats another story

just this week we had the first quad core tablet announced from Acer so its clear the first phones will not be far behind once the O/S support it (otherwise whats the point!)
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-10 23:28
I think its because out of all the sites, GSMarena are the most factual, unbiased and have a pretty simple old school style website. You go to Engadget and you have nothing but Apple bias and a complicated cluttered webpage. Ive tried most or all of the technology websites but find them to be the best by far.

In that previous link, if you watch all the Nvidia videos of the Tegra 3, they look very impressive especially where games are concerned.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-11-11 04:47

On 2011-11-05 22:38:57, masseur wrote:
quad core and much more is coming in mobile devices... believe me... making hardware for this is relatively easily but it is largely dependant on o/s support (utilising the cores and multi threading etc efficiently requires o/s, compiler etc support), but it will happen as demand/battery and other factors allow/require

a year ago I remember many topics discussing the need for dual core but here we are now somewhat dismissive when a device is announced without that!

Quad-Core will finally allow us developers to code apps directly on the smarpthones or better yet the tablets the masses use ... buying a PC with a traditional HDD or more than a MBAir will be even harder to consider since just about ALL tablets being released now have worldwide and multi-band and multi airwave connectivity (HSPA/EDGE/GPRS/LTE, WLAN, Bluetooth).

Good times ahead! ...

Masseur ... those Pentium 1 days is really telling our age man.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2011-11-11 04:48
What?!! Pass on an upgrade just to wait for quad-core?!! Are you guys for real?

Etaab, I thought you'd know better than this!

On 2011-11-11 04:47:55, Prom1 wrote:
Quad-Core will finally allow us developers to code apps directly on the smarpthones or better yet the tablets the masses use ... buying a PC with a traditional HDD or more than a MBAir will be even harder to consider since just about ALL tablets being released now have worldwide and multi-band and multi airwave connectivity (HSPA/EDGE/GPRS/LTE, WLAN, Bluetooth).

Good times ahead! ...

Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
[ This Message was edited by: false_morel on 2011-11-11 03:52 ]
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-11 19:34
In preparation for my new phone, check the new avatar!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-12 21:53
@ false_morel - the reason ive now decided to pass on by the Nexus is the same reason why i decided to pass on by the iPhone 4S. Its the same phone as the Galaxy S2 pretty much except for slightly lower specs in some areas like the camera megapixel count, its only got a few new hardware functions such as its HD screen and NFC over the S2 and the obvious ICS. If im going to be tied to a phone for two years, i prefer it to be as up to date as possible. The S2 has been out since May, so its already 6 months old now which in smartphone terms is almost nearing the end of its lifespan.

So i'll be upgrading my contract when the S3 or some other worthy upgrade hits the market. The 4S disappointed me dramatically, as did the Nexus but not so bad but still in two years time if i were still stuck with the Nexus id be getting very impatient. Hopefully next year the S3 will be Tegra 3 (or another variation of quad core) equipped.

So as much as i appreciate up to date software and playing around with what you could consider a true vanilla running Android smartphone, adding just a HD screen to a Galaxy S2 and calling it a completely new phone isnt enough for me.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-14 19:32
www.gsmarena.com/ice_cream_sa[....]ing_a_photograph-news-3377.php

Nexus is definately coming to UK on November 17th
Phone?? What phone??
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-15 01:27
I really hope you're right mate. but sods law says it wont be out on thursday... either way, roll on thursday!

EDIT:

You linked the wrong article mate, hence my post above! Didnt see this one about O2's G+ page!

Guess what network Caspa's on? Yep, you got it... O2!!!
[ This Message was edited by: Caspa on 2011-11-15 01:06 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-15 21:47
So am i knowing its not really sensible for me to get one. I love the completely featureless front panel of the phone, its stunning when the screen isnt lit up or in use. Very futuristic.

Sadly thats ruined when you turn the phone over, its not as pretty as the S2 rear.
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-15 22:53
Dont turn it over mate! Problem sorted!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-15 23:35
Still disappointed with the 2011 standard specs and 2007 spec camera.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-15 23:44
Techradar says the camera is good:

"The camera quality on the phone is also immense - given it's 'only' got a 5MP camera you could be forgiven for thinking it might offer a poor snapping experience, but thankfully that's not the case"

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-16 00:19
The 5 meg camera on the Samsung Wave II is excellent so 5 megs can still be decent.
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi