Forum > General discussions > General > HTC Sensation / XE or Samsung Galaxy 2

Previous  1234  Next
Author HTC Sensation / XE or Samsung Galaxy 2
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 20:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
They should make a Samsung or HTC Mini phone The Galaxy Mini's are not Mini enough
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-10-09 19:40 ]
Phone?? What phone??
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 21:09

On 2011-10-09 06:51:39, idumbakumar wrote:
go for Galaxy s2.. Its a better phone..
Advantages of s2
1.Light weight and very thin
2. Excellent super amoled plus screen. Well under sunlight. Gorilla glass
3. Camera performs well
4. Good amont of Internal storage.
5. So far no significant issues reported from users.
Bad.
1. Battery cover is too flimsy
2. Camera lens protude outside so leads to scratches.
3. Though light weight, some what bigger handset.

Sensation
Good
1. 1.5 ghz dual.
2. Nice design and build
3. Powerful battery 1730 mA
Thats all i fell. I never used htc. So cannot comment on performance and issues. I hate htc camera and loud speaker performance.
Bad.
1. May have death grip issues
2. Heavy weigt on hands, falling leads more self destruction
3. 768mb ram against 1gb of s2
4. Just s-lcd and no gorilla glass.

I like galaxy s2 over XE.
[ This Message was edited by: idumbakumar on 2011-10-09 05:56 ]

+1
Go for Galaxy S2, from what I've seen the screen is much better. Device as a whole looks better, buy it
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 21:43
Have you held one Matt?? It feels light plasticky & cheap. For a phone of that price the feel of it is quite shite
Phone?? What phone??
p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 21:59
I went into Phones4u today and had a play with both, the Samsung did have a better screen and was lighter but i really dont like the Samsung's menu.

Im leaning towards the Sensation tbh.

Also does anyone know how they deal with Macs for updates and synchronization?

And what is the music management like? Will the HTC work well with iTunes? I want to use it as a music player.

mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 21:59
I've read on reviews that it's nice to hold
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 22:04
I wish I still had my SG2. Sure the battery cover is flimsy when you pull it off but otherwise I liked the feel of it, and it certainly felt solid.

As for Samsung menus... this is android... so you can make it as you wish

(actually, I'm secretly looking for a white SG2... just don't tell the wife!)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 22:06
Dear Mrs. Masseur guess what your husband is doing?? Matt,it's personal preference I love Samsung but I don't like the design,feel or the weight of the GS2. But I know it performs well. White one looks better. @p900lover HTC you can update them over the air very easily it even lets you know if there is an update.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-10-09 21:09 ]
Phone?? What phone??
bl-gr-n
T280 Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 22:25

On 2011-10-09 21:59:18, p900 lover wrote:
I went into Phones4u today and had a play with both, the Samsung did have a better screen and was lighter but i really dont like the Samsung's menu.

Im leaning towards the Sensation tbh.

Also does anyone know how they deal with Macs for updates and synchronization?

And what is the music management like? Will the HTC work well with iTunes? I want to use it as a music player.

I have no idea how Sensation XE works with Mac's, generally HTC 'droids doesn't needs computers. If the Sensation XE have access to the Internet (3G/4G or Wifi). Updates are done OTA "over the air".

Having a computer hooked up thru the phones Internet or vice versa, will work wether it is a Windows, Linux or a OSX computer, Bluetooth, cable or wifi will work.

Androids doesn't need to have a music collection pre-organized by a computer program like Ipods, iphones or early Sony Walkmans.
Transfer your music files by "drag 'n'drop" either with the memory card in a USB-reader or the phone connected as a "exernal drive" with the comp.
The phones music player will organize your collection, if you got your music well tagged.

A Tip, have a look at the PowerAMP music player, at the Android Market or else where on the internet (.apk files is Androids installations files).

Having a Desire HD wich is a couple of years earlier predecessor of the Sensation XE
p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 22:30
Thanks for the reply, i just ordered a Sensation from Amazon.

By having my music well tagged is that different to having it correct on iTunes?

As in on my iTunes its all correct but the actual MP3 file may be different, or does iTunes update the MP3 file if i have changed it there?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 22:31
When I had my last HTC plugging it into a pc(or Mac) gives you the option on screen what to do. Select disk drive for mass storage
Phone?? What phone??
bl-gr-n
T280 Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-10-10 01:58
@p900 lover
Of some reason that I regrets now is that I tried the MS Media Player back when the WinXPsp3 came. MS/Win Mplayer messed up my collection's Genre-tags totally and also some mp3s name and artists tags but only a handful, though.

The PowerAMP will for certain handle your music tagging much better than the WinMPlayer, be it mp3s, mp4s, FLAC or any other format from the Apple side of computing.

My own tagging is more of rudimentary than "well tagged"
1 Artist
2 Track no.
3 Track name
4 Album
5 Genre (still with some oddities since the WinXP MediaPlayer incident)

Edit: Forgot the track number. Edited the text on my Desire HD.
[ This Message was edited by: bl-gr-n on 2011-10-10 06:51 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-10-10 02:05
Get yourself Audio FX from the Android market, its a free equalizer app and will make a big difference to music quality since Android music sounds crap. Looking at the Ice Cream Sandwich music player, it seems a lot more in depth than now, I would expect the Sensation to get the update anyway. I would have suggested you wait for the Galaxy Nexus but you've ordered already, not that the Sensation is bad but just to see what next years phones will be like. Have you thought about the Sensation XE because its slightly more powerful and the headphones are quite good if you're into your music.
p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-10-10 10:31
I did think about the XE but at £120 more expensive that the normal Sensation it was not worth it for me.

Any idea when the Galaxy Nexus ill be out? I have 30 days to return the Sensation to Amazon so that could be an option.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-10 22:03
Well Miss UK told me the music player on the original Sensation is excellent anyway
Phone?? What phone??
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-10-11 01:44
Quote:

On 2011-10-09 22:04:16, masseur wrote:
I wish I still had my SG2. Sure the battery cover is flimsy when you pull it off but otherwise I liked the feel of it, and it certainly felt solid.\\r\\n\\r\\nAs for Samsung menus... this is android... so you can make it as you wish \\r\\n\\r\\n(actually, I\\\\\\'m secretly looking for a white SG2... just don\\\\\\'t tell the wife!)\\n

hahaha...i knew you would be back masseur..actually, my wifes son has a sensation and i like it...alot, but not enough to take me away from my galaxy S2. Ive never been more satisfied with a phone than this one. having had it two months (i think lol) i still have that urge to pick it up constantly...masseur, take a look at my pics of my gs2 in the general thread..you can get white skins for it which look fantastic...i'm using flames atm...stands out a mile..diabloskinz.com have over 40 pages of skins for gs2...just an idea if you decide to just get a black gs2 again...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi