Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Trauma of damaging your phone !

Author Trauma of damaging your phone !
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-19 23:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Heres a cool video of how a glass phone like the iPhone is so easy to break compared to a plastic handset like the SGS2:

Link
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 00:03
Wow yeah i can imagine that. My Samsung Wave 2 is an extremely well built solid lump of metal and today it came close to slipping from my hand. Its cold weather the metal was slippery.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 20:59
Well, according to Nokia at their Nokia World we can expect bendy screens and almost complete waterproofing in the future thanks to their latest hardware innovations so damage to my N8 will become a thing of the past in some respects.

Hopefully.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 21:12
Ah,so we can sit down with our phones in our back pockets. How about rubber phones??
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 21:16
I do that anyway, i dont damage my phones from anything other than drops so thats always been my main concern.

My main bug like i said earlier in the thread is that even if you do drop your phone and no damage becomes of it, often you get dust in the lcd you cannot get out. Heres hoping for more fused displays in the future.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 21:21
Well,HTC springs to mind as so many forums have moaned about their phones getting dust under the screens right out the box. But I think it's about time manufacturers started sealing screens properly so this does not happen. Or like the GS2 or Arc that there is no air gap. The Nokia E6 I had dust under the screen right out the box & it got worse by day 2
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-10-31 20:22 ]
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 21:32
Nokia phones are the worst imo, ive only ever owned one Nokia phone which didnt have a gap, since the phone had no glass covering the screen - the N93, you could press the lcd and make all the colours run. But then, you never did that unless you were an idiot. The N95 was the best imo, it has little to no gap at all.

I really do think Samsung have the best quality phones available. Ive just bought a Samsung laptop too. Samsung screens on phones like the Galaxy line, the Wave line, none of them seem to have a gap between the touchscreen and its protective layer.

I really want a Samsung phone next, back-in-the-day i never like their phones that much due to their limitations in their own none-smartphone os, like completely stupid Bluetooth implementation and counter intuitive menu systems, but with Bada and Android, Samsung seem like top dogs to me.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 21:39
The Wave 2 has the best quality materials & build I ever seen in a phone. Samsung have come a long way & their old phones were crap. It makes it looks worse but only a little but I got a clear silicon case for my GS2 although it's less likely to smash compared to an iphone. It's not heavy & not made of glass except the screen. I also got a Samsung Genuine 2,000mAh battery coming for it soon. It only makes he phone more thicker by 1.5mm
Phone?? What phone??
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 00:39
Is it traumatic when you break a phone??? If you back up your info like I do and countless others with their iPhones or save to memory cards if you have that option I don't see a problem. I like a lot of people insure my phone against damage so class them as disposable anyway.at the end of the day it's just a phone it's. Not like you are losing a limb.
Samsung Galaxy S3 White iPad 2 32gb 3G +16/-0 Twitter.nicv27
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 12:24
Some of us do not have much money to spend on added luxuries as mobile phone insurance, we dont have money to throw around and buy yet another disposable phone when we need to. So, those of us that appreciate our possessions treat them like we would a piece of fragile jewellery. People like me also like our possessions to remain in pristine condition the whole time we own them, to retain their value when we sell them on and enjoy them whilst we have them to the point in which we can feel proud.

You're very lucky to be able to treat your possessions with neglect knowing they're covered by someone elses wallet.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-10 17:15
See this story over the Motorola Defy keeps rearing it's ugly head again. And the Motorola Defy+ has just come out too.
www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2011/[....]ing-customers-over-defy-claims
Phone?? What phone??
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-11-10 17:37

On 2011-11-01 12:24:27, etaab wrote:
Some of us do not have much money to spend on added luxuries as mobile phone insurance, we dont have money to throw around and buy yet another disposable phone when we need to. So, those of us that appreciate our possessions treat them like we would a piece of fragile jewellery. People like me also like our possessions to remain in pristine condition the whole time we own them, to retain their value when we sell them on and enjoy them whilst we have them to the point in which we can feel proud.

You're very lucky to be able to treat your possessions with neglect knowing they're covered by someone elses wallet.

Disposable phones ????? I would hardly call an iphone 4 disposable. The reason I insure my handsets is because of my job, I need a smart phone to be able to receive drawings and method statements etc.... I have sold some of my old phones on here with no complaints so I am guessing I do look after them apart from the Damaged white iPhone 4...... In this thread. I don't treat my possessions with neglect but unfortunately accidents happen hence I pay for insurance.... I upgrade every 12 months and sometimes never need to claim on my insurance so there has been no cost from other peoples wallets as you put it......
The reason I can buy handsets if I choose is because I work bloody hard always have done for the things I want...
Samsung Galaxy S3 White iPad 2 32gb 3G +16/-0 Twitter.nicv27
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-10 19:35
I too have insurance. I currently live with my dad & his home insurance will not cover my phone. So I need that peace of mind with my expensive GS2
Phone?? What phone??
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2011-11-10 21:05
We don't have insurance for our phones, we would've, if we'd have jobs like nicv27 has, with extra risk to damage a phone, but we don't. In his free time, my hubby is a voluntary fireman, but he then uses an old phone.
With a house of our own, two cars, two motorbikes and of course our own personal insurances (life, health, etc.), we already spend so much money on insurances, that we've decided, we don't take insurance for something we can easily afford to replace, as even the most expensive phone is cheap compared to a house or a car.
[ This Message was edited by: Marly on 2011-11-10 20:10 ]
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-10 21:30
Ah,but some phones are not easy to replace like the GS2 is pricey
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi