Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Australian court ask Apple to prove lower iPad sales caused by the introduction of Samsung Galaxy Ta

Previous  12
Author Australian court ask Apple to prove lower iPad sales caused by the introduction of Samsung Galaxy Ta
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 10:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Legally, you are right and they have a leg to stand on.

My problem with Apple at the moment, and I never questioned the design patent even though I find the patent controversial, is that they are too eager to sue. They have been suing almost everybody and it has got to a point where I'm fed up with them.

It seems every time you read up on tech news you get 'Apple sues this or that company' and it's annoying. I am actually beginning to wonder if I need to support this greed by purchasing the iPhone 5.

Let's be honest here, masseur, what they are doing to Samsung is not really protecting their design but to 'kill off' the competition. It is clear, at least to me, that Apple aren't comfortable with serious competition which is odd considering that they sell quite a lot. Samsung is a serious threat to them and everybody else and they are trying their damndest to derail them. They should just let us have a choice, if their product is good enough then it will sell regardless.

I'm really beginning to hate Apple.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 11:53
You really think that patenting design is something normal? Or even worse, ideas? There are some designs that are worth patenting but it's like 0,01% of all designs. Let's face it, iPad is nothing original, rectangular shape with screen taking most of the space is nothing worth patenting! Just tell me how different iPad is compared to this pad from HP (year 2003) (iPad has less feature's, yes, and is more thin, wow, soooo innovative)

Now let's go to ideas, this is really messed up. To patent a way user scrolls through gallery? Really? I'm glad nobody patented the way we scroll web pages with mouse scroll wheel... If it comes to ideas, it's pretty normal, even common to patent technology used to fulfil the idea. For example we all know such device as speaker. They are very common, they are very similiar. The idea is the same, but the technology to provide the best sound is different, and that's something worth patenting, not the idea to provide sound like this.

Or another example, sollar collector, the idea is simple, and again You can't patent idea of getting energy from sun, it would be just stupid. What is special about it, is that each company that provides sollar collectors, uses different fluid. One is more efficient than others etc. And that is worth patenting, technology, not the idea.

And this is why I think many people hate Apple including me. The hate goes also for German court and US patent system for excessive stupidity.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 12:18
@admad

I take it your entire post is directed at masseur?

I am asking cause I can see the uncertainty that may be caused by my statement that I didn't question the design patent. I did go on and write I thought it was controversial. What I didn't question is that it was awarded, I did not agree with it being awarded but unfortunately it makes it legally binding.

The question is how in the world did Apple convince anyone to grant that patent.

This brings in the issues of money and power. Maybe the patent issuing process or criteria should be reviewed so that we don't get silly patents being used to sue other manufacturers.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 13:06
LG & Samsung are two companies who have long copied designs from each other. you do not see them suing the ass off each other. Sorry yes masseur business is business but ALL manufacturers get ideas from each other. Most touch screen phones look the same and have a home button like the iphone. I think Apple should get off their high horse and accept the competition.
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 13:39
it seems you agree that most companies copy each other, even citing Apples home key as a direct likeness which somehow proves their point!

clearly Apple are testing these waters to determine limits of copy-ness and who can blame them if they have managed to obtain the relevant patents?

Again, it does not come down to an individual company suing another but moreso, the laws that provide the ability for a company to do so.

Competition (as you keep repeating) is one thing, but companies have shareholders and the like to satisfy and thats what makes the difference when it comes to situations like this in protecting a companies law given rights.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-09-11 19:28
@masseur

Protecting patents is not the problem I have as they have an absolute right to do that if that particular patent belongs to them 100%?after all no one should be able steal or copy what rightfully belongs to you but when Apple are stepping over the mark and tampering and manipulating the evidence and even claiming they invented table PC's is a step too far. In regards to patents Apple are also in breach of many this is why HTC is now also taking them to court you see these things go both ways and many patents are not solid as a even a minor cosmetic or technical change can constitute as a brand new design and IP.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-11 21:08

On 2011-09-10 13:39:32, masseur wrote:
it seems you agree that most companies copy each other, even citing Apples home key as a direct likeness which somehow proves their point!

Hmm,so every manufacturer who puts a home menu button on their touch screen phones is breaking the law?? What about an on off switch?? Come on,where does it end??
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-11 21:45
Its not all that bad for Samsung in Germany after all http://www.androidpolice.com/[....]itter&utm_source=AndroidDigest
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-11 21:53
Still stupid
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi