Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Gains a Partial But Sustantial Win Over Apple

Previous  1234  Next
Author Samsung Gains a Partial But Sustantial Win Over Apple
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-10 14:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-08-10 14:36:42, lemmy31 wrote:

Then i suggest you open your eyes and take a good look .....as i said im not the only one who thinks this is the case, people far more important than me have concluded that they are very similar. Plagiarism i think is the word. And your right they are running completely different OS's, until Samsung make them look very, very closely related that is

Told you i've had both phones and more than a few iphones and i don't still don't think there is any resemblance apart from the fact that both are touch screen smartphones of which there are many that look similar and i don't see Apple suing them.

Lets not forget here that Apple are quite big liars, they claim to have invented everything from Video Calling to the App Store and Multi-Touch and steal copyrighted names like iCloud which do not belong to them and was never their ideas. I really hope that these things are brought up in court over these patent disputes.

People need to wake up and realise that Apple are not whiter than white and what people think they are.
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-10 15:10

On 2011-08-10 14:56:48, julias wrote:

On 2011-08-10 14:36:42, lemmy31 wrote:

Then i suggest you open your eyes and take a good look .....as i said im not the only one who thinks this is the case, people far more important than me have concluded that they are very similar. Plagiarism i think is the word. And your right they are running completely different OS's, until Samsung make them look very, very closely related that is

Told you i've had both phones and more than a few iphones and i don't still don't think there is any resemblance apart from the fact that both are touch screen smartphones of which there are many that look similar and i don't see Apple suing them.

Lets not forget here that Apple are quite big liars, they claim to have invented everything from Video Calling to the App Store and Multi-Touch and steal copyrighted names like iCloud which do not belong to them and was never their ideas. I really hope that these things are brought up in court over these patent disputes.

People need to wake up and realise that Apple are not whiter than white and what people think they are.

+1
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-08-10 15:37
Ivd had both phones also....you seem to be taking this personally, its all a matter of opinion.....not that mine or yours is of any consequence. The people that matter have decided that they are similar enough and thats the end of it.

Like i said dont take it so personally you'll give yourself an ulcer
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-10 17:07

On 2011-08-10 15:37:36, lemmy31 wrote:
Ivd had both phones also....you seem to be taking this personally, its all a matter of opinion.....not that mine or yours is of any consequence. The people that matter have decided that they are similar enough and thats the end of it.

Like i said dont take it so personally you'll give yourself an ulcer

erm i've not taken it personally at all

Was just stating the facts that Apple are not exactly in the right on this when they themselves have stolen many ideas from others and have claimed it to be there own and now that others have taken some inspiration from them they are getting all hot and bothered about it. Its market competition and as long no one stealing brand names and software i don't see a problem and many companies for centuries have taken inspiration from each other and still do today its the nature of the game.Apple need to get over it and stop being so greedy and childish because that's exactly what they are doing.
[ This Message was edited by: julias on 2011-08-10 16:08 ]
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-08-11 01:08
i'm sure an investigation into apple themselves would reveal a less than honest company...what goes around comes around...apple will get whats coming to them...
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-11 05:08
Patents are NOT like copyrights. You have to file for a patent.

Most tech companies are either too lazy or too paranoid to file a patent... so when someone does file for it and no prior cases have been filed, that person WILL be granted the official patent and be OFFICIALLY recognized as the inventor.

This is not new. As early as patents have been around, patent races have existed.

If Apple has a patent, and Samsung doesn't... that's the end of it. If Samsung's lawyers aren't good enough to argue the differences, then that's not Apple's fault. If Apple stole someone's idea and had the smarts to legalize it, that isn't Apple's fault. Google and Intel know how to guard their secrets well... this is a tech war... not sandbox playtime.

Just cuz Apple has found both legal and creative ways to sell ideas (whether they are theirs or not) ... the BUYING public has spoken and bought.

It's a consumer market... people FLY to other countries to buy Apple products not found in their own. In the Phil, flights to Hong Kong and Singapore are common for Apple fanboys that want the latest product without having to wait a few weeks to get it here.

If people really wanted the Samsung Galaxy Tab in the EU, a Thalys ticket isn't that much to get a product that will never be sold in your country.

It's a marketing game... if Samsung can't spin this restriction to their advantage, that's their marketing dept fault... not Apple's. Samsung is getting so much publicity from this whole lawsuit, publicity you can't buy. It's up to them to capitalize on that.

We all vote with our wallets.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-08-12 16:51
Sometimes I wished Apple had only kept there iPhones
In there own Country.

I really dont like seeing them Suing other manufacturers
This is bound to upset alot of ppl plus make them dislike Apple.

Besides appart from look a like devices Android isnt anything on iOS
Apple just want to proceed all these ongoings cos Google is making
Money with more devices ones that suit all ages.

Apple havent got cheaper devices if they had then it might be different.

Another thing if Apple produced more devices instead of 1 a yr
Then yes they would have the right to argue but they dont.

So basically devices coming out now have better specs then something from
A year ago.

I would love if The Companys that Apple take action against
Would all gang back on them
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-17 14:14
Samsung can sell its latest iPad rival in most of Europe again after a German court yesterday lifted most of an injunction it had imposed at Apple's request.But just hours after the ban was lifted, Apple faced accusations of misrepresenting the Galaxy Tab's similarity to its iPad in a legal document that helped gain the original injunction.

A comparison image taken from page 28 of a filing made by Apple's lawyers featured a 'squashed' picture of the Galaxy Tab that looks identical in size and shape to the iPad.In reality, the Galaxy Tab is far narrower than the iPad.
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-08-17 14:27
Yes, good for Samsung. Apple is being ridiculous. I hope that Apple loses the whole case and is forced to pay Samsung something very substantial for their misrepresentations.

Now Samsung, make a Tab with Super Amoled plus screen and a microSD slot.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-17 14:30

On 2011-08-17 14:27:37, skblakee wrote:
Yes, good for Samsung. Apple is being ridiculous. I hope that Apple loses the whole case and is forced to pay Samsung something very substantial for their misrepresentations.

Apple the greedy fools think they can get away with anything well this should hopefully teach them a lesson and i really hope this will bring about Samsung winning the ruling against the Galaxy phones too.
[ This Message was edited by: julias on 2011-08-17 13:39 ]
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-17 18:54
Ok so Apple basically mislead the court with 'squashed' photo of Galaxy tab? If that's true then Apple are more dirty than i initially thought..

http://www.computerworld.com/[....]lawed_in_European_Samsung_case
[ This Message was edited by: julias on 2011-08-17 17:58 ]
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-08-22 00:01
Apple is doggedly pursuing Samsung. Wow! They must really see Samsung as a serious threat.

Techradar
Apple chases Europe-wide Samsung Galaxy ban
Netherlands case could clinch it
Tablets News
By Kate Solomon

Friday at 10:33 BST | Tell us what you think [ 7 comments ]

could-the-end-be-nigh-for-the-galaxy-range-

Could the end be nigh for the Galaxy range?

Apple's yet-to-be-heard case against Samsung in the Netherlands could see a stranglehold placed over all Galaxy-branded tablet and smartphone sales in Europe if successful.

It's a stealth attack, with the Californian company hoping to cut off European supply of the devices by going after Samsung and its partners in the Netherlands, Europe's supply entry point for Samsung's hardware.

And it's not just the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 this time; Apple's complaint lists every Galaxy device from smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy SII to the tablet line up.
End of the Galaxy

Dutch website Webwereld has extracted this information from Apple's subpoena, saying that the complaint filed extends over all Samsung's logistical affiliates responsible for distributing Samsung's products in 28 markets across Europe.

The file also includes a letter that Apple has helpfully drafted for Samsung, which demands a complete recall of stock from all European distributors and resellers.

As well as saying that Samsung will shoulder all costs, the letter drafted by Apple warns, "For the record we would like to mention the fact that by storing, offering and/or selling of the above mentioned Galaxy smartphones [and tablets], you commit infringement of the intellectual property rights of Apple Inc."

Jobs and co are not messing around here. If the courts rule in Apple's favour, the ruling could be the end of the Samsung Galaxy range in Europe and a severe blow to Android - and all because Samsung's products look a bit like Apple's.

Last week a German court granted Apple a temporary injunction banning the sale of all Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 slates across Europe, although this was later ruled to apply only to Germany.

The Netherlands court will rule on 15 September.

From Webwereld via ZDNet
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-08-22 18:15
I don't think many people will admit that this consumer economic warfare is ultimately good for the consumer.

Less choice can't be good and I hope there is a huge backlash against them.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-08-22 18:35
This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach, especialy because Apple messed with the Galaxy S evidence as well, not just the Galaxy Tab.

Clearly they know they simply cannot compete with Samsung fairly so they do this, i realy do hope the suffer a huge backlash and learn a very valuable lesson after this, i used to have a massive amount of respect for Apple, but this has totaly put me off.

Banning Samsungs Galaxy line will ofcourse have a negative effect on Android but not a large one, there are companies like ZTE, SPICE, Huawei, BLU etc...selling tons of Androids in many devekoping economies, not to mention HTC, MOTO, SE, LG etc...at the top end, all of whom and especialy HTC are selling very well in the top end.

Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-22 19:08
I would hardly call them complete copies. The OS is completely different for a start. Are Apple going to stop others from making tablets and phones altogether now?? Getting sick of hearing about Apple's groans as one day they will have no allies in the industry with no one to provide them with components. They even do it to HTC. Since when did Apple have the rights over everything??
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi