Esato

Forum > Network operators > Europe > Best UK Network

Author Best UK Network
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 19:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
the ofcom report is only a comparison of 3g networks in areas where they actually got good 3g coverage, and then it was tested with dongles and pc data cards, not smartphones, though I'm not sure if there would be a difference

What Bonovox and myself are complaining about in regards to O2, and more in line with this topic, is not the service when you can actually get a 3g signal, but the amount of times the 3g signal on O2 is either not there or not strong enough to provide a realiable service... and thats where O2 fail for me. tmobile on the other hand seems to have a much wider usable 3g signal.

Sure, in the middle of London I got great speeds on O2, but my daily commute up and down the main London-Brighton railway line was hopeless on O2.

What is dissapointing in the report is the actual speeds they achieved, which seem to be no where near what the hsdpa is supposed to be.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 19:56
Also with the networks upgrading to future 4G they want to get 3G right before they start with 4G But also on O2 in areas of strong 3G I always got the constant loading page with no connection & the word SORRY on screen when the page constantly timed out
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-05-26 18:58 ]
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 20:02

On 2011-05-26 19:49:03, masseur wrote:
the ofcom report is only a comparison of 3g networks in areas where they actually got good 3g coverage, and then it was tested with dongles and pc data cards, not smartphones, though I'm not sure if there would be a difference

What Bonovox and myself are complaining about in regards to O2, and more in line with this topic, is not the service when you can actually get a 3g signal, but the amount of times the 3g signal on O2 is either not there or not strong enough to provide a realiable service... and thats where O2 fail for me. tmobile on the other hand seems to have a much wider usable 3g signal.

Sure, in the middle of London I got great speeds on O2, but my daily commute up and down the main London-Brighton railway line was hopeless on O2.

What is dissapointing in the report is the actual speeds they achieved, which seem to be no where near what the hsdpa is supposed to be.

That right it would make no difference if it was tested on dongles or data cards etc, its the same network that covers smartphones as well. I'm not saying you and Bonovox haven't had these issues i'm sure many others have too but what i'm saying is that compared to all the other networks out there 02 fares much better than the rest.Ofcom's complaints graph clearly shows which networks have the least complaints which obviously means a better service overall.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 20:15
Ofcom's findings change year on year. And they do not take into account the real world of coverage where people live & work imo. Never mind as long as we're all happy
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 20:28

On 2011-05-26 20:15:07, Bonovox wrote:
Ofcom's findings change year on year. And they do not take into account the real world of coverage where people live & work imo. Never mind as long as we're all happy

How do you know that they don't take into account real world coverage rather defeats the purpose if they had missed that don't you think? I'm sure at least one of Ofcom's 4.2 million tests which they carried out for this survey would have tested for real world coverage.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi