julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 13:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-05-14 20:53:58, Bonovox wrote:

On 2011-05-14 16:29:42, julias wrote:
Someone posted this on twitter which is quite funny

"The fact that bin Laden lived in Pakistan for 6 years without phone service suggests the involvement of T-Mobile"

I don't get that one

Basically means that the reason Osama Bin Laden wasn't found for so long was because he was a T-Mobile customer and the network was always down so he couldn't be traced by the intelligence services.

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 13:12
@jcwhite_uk, sounds like you need to move!

I've been back at tmobile for a week now and all my o2 frustrations have truly gone
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 13:41
After being with o2 since they were btcellnet I stopped using my contract sim back in january. Lowered it down to then minimum tarrif I can until the contract is up.
Have been using my giffgaff sim since then. Yes I know they use the o2 network but they have better rates and i'm paying £10 a month for nearly the same as what o2 were charging me £40 a month for.

Not really keen on any of the networks atm as they're all as bad as each other lately.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 14:43
That T Mobile joke is only what people presume that they are rubbish. In the seven months i been with T Mobile i have had just a few hours in one day of network downtime. With O2 or Opoo as i now call them it was every week. Need i say more??
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-15 15:25

On 2011-05-15 14:43:00, Bonovox wrote:
That T Mobile joke is only what people presume that they are rubbish. In the seven months i been with T Mobile i have had just a few hours in one day of network downtime. With O2 or Opoo as i now call them it was every week. Need i say more??

Can only speak for my own experience with T-Mobile and in all the years i was with them i had nothing but problems and that's everything from bad reception to drop calls to over charging and terrible customer service and i joined T-Mobile when it was first launched as One 2 One many years ago have left them and gone back to them a few times during the years and service has remained to be bad for me and as i mentioned in a previous post i have also worked in the mobile industry for a number of years and the customer feedback i used to get about networks pretty much back up my own experiences as the vast majority of the customer complaints were about T-Mobile.I still use a T-Mobile broadband dongle and service remains to be poor and my complaints to T-Mobile seem to fall on deaf ears and the refuse to aknowledge that any problems exist,keep getting the same old excuses from them that i had all those years ago so nothings changed as far as i'm concerned.

However maybe now with the T-Mobile/Orange merger things may change?but for now i will stick to 02 that has always given me consistent quality service without any fuss.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-17 00:46
Never had a dropped call or network congestion on T Mobile not even in busy city centre.
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 09:22
O2 just came tops in new Ofcom mobile broadband study Orange fared worst in the research with its average download speeds slower than any other network.T-Mobile also came out slower than Vodafone, 3 and O2.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 14:10
Now that is what I don't get cos I had for a short time O2 Mobile Broadband. Not only is the modem software annoyingly non user friendly. The network speeds were pathetic. I had solid signal yet it forever switched to 3G and never HSDPA and I am not joking I was getting 13kb download speed. Plus the fact that O2 also use data image compression which makes websites grainy. Never had any issues or speed problems on Three at all. I would never use it again.
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 14:26
It must be down to your coverage area then maybe?because we all know every network has black spots here and there.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 16:42
Well no cos if you read my last let properly it states I have solid coverage. Where I live I happen to have solid GSM and 3G/HSDPA on every single network except Vodafone. Vodafone do her GSM in my area but no 3G. O2 have solid 3G here yet its so slow its worse than the old dial up
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 16:54
I have no idea then but personally have never heard of anyone apart from yourself who has had problems with 02 but from my time working in the mobile industry i have met plenty of people who had issues of one kind or another on other networks but who then came over to 02 and their problems were then resolved.

The Ofcom network complaints chart i posted in the previous post and this new ofcom mobile broadband survey speaks for itself.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 17:58
now that is very funny. Where have you been all these years?? masseur was one aswell as many other forums on the net with O2 network slow & constantly down all the time. Yes,it may be happening less lately cos they probably got their act together. But if you have read many forums you will know O2 has had ALOT of users moaning. It was even on the news sometimes
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 18:41
Like i said before i've personally never had an issues with 02 and fact is its given me the best overall service and performance over every other network for many years so its not just a recent thing and believe me i have tried them all over and again and don't take my word for it refer back to the ofcom reports i may be wrong but ofcom can't unless you think ofcom are wrong too?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 19:02
Personally I don't think Ofcom's findings are not in the real world. I don't wanna go into a flame war about who is best & who is not just we just get nowhere. But since going with T Mobile/Orange I have found downloading browsing & network performance is a breath of fresh air compared to the issues I had with O2 before which was not just in my area. In busy city centres calls would cut off & internet would just go on a constant loop with no connection. The last two years O2 did go through their worst period of constant network outages especially in London cos they were slow with their network investment. Which I no doubt they are doing ok with now. Ofcom came close to fining them due to their 3G coverage was not enough. I also find O2's call quality sounds a little rustic & distorted at times. I became so tired of the same old SORRY on screen cos the page would not load. I think networks need to not call it mobile broadband as it is mis-leading. It can no way be called anything close to broadband. I also see that speeds vary from when using dongles & mobiles. Mobiles tend to be faster compared to dongles I find which is rather odd I have never had any issues with my Three dongle only once or twice it has been down but never for long. And Three never use the data image compression which O2 uses. On average I get about 1mb download on Three. Three have also almost just finished their HSPA+ network upgrades which will bring upto 21mb speeds. The new dongles are already out & the rollout finishes next month I think. In reality I doubt at the moment ANY UK network will get them high speeds but reviews have stated they get on average speeds of 5mb on the new HSPA+ dongles
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-05-26 19:19
So you disagree with ofcom then have you even read their report?You are only speaking from personal experience whereas my own experiences are from a telecoms background and everyone knows ofcom are a reputable and reliable source and industry body.

"The research involved over 4.2 million tests and measured average speeds as well as the performance of the five mobile operators in areas of good 3G network coverage."
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi