Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > New camera driver! - K850 Cybershot 99.9 (update 2011-04-10)

Author New camera driver! - K850 Cybershot 99.9 (update 2011-04-10)
amnher
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-03-01 02:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

It seems shutter speed doesn't work on flash off
Flash off. +2 EV
[ This Message was edited by: amnher on 2011-03-01 01:34 ]
Sony Xperia L
deddot
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-01 17:28
hmmm... its work on me..

try this one

i'm affraid i upload the wrong version..
amnher
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 03:04
Okay tried it and heres the sample comparison of

Twilight Landscape

Auto,flash off, ev +2.0

It is working well now...

I just need to study the measurement of right shutter speed

Driver is near perfect for k850i.... the best of all I used great work deddot
By the way have you ever thought of considering the strategical approach of raiderski?
The legendary "EM Mode" and "SEM Mode"???

By the way what settings did you used above??
[ This Message was edited by: amnher on 2011-03-02 02:07 ]
Sony Xperia L
amnher
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 07:11
I think there is a bug in switching scenes from other scene to auto. Let's say portrait scene which is ISO 100 I guess and the auto scene uses ISO200. When I first use auto no matter how many times I took a shot, ISO is 200 which is very appropriate in the current atmosphere. when I switch to portrait the shot is darker due to lower ISO. but upon return to auto again, it still as if i'm in portrait mode. Do you get me?
Sony Xperia L
deddot
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-02 10:26
you right, but actually its not a bug.. i remove the default ISO from Auto scene. i though the driver will update the ISO itself..
i put back the default ISO200 to auto scene

actually i found a bug too.. the preview didn't update after you switching flash mode from OFF to AUTO..

but its fixed now..

the shutter version now official.. check first post..
amnher
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 10:51

On 2011-03-02 10:26:00, deddot wrote:
you right, but actually its not a bug.. i remove the default ISO from Auto scene. i though the driver will update the ISO itself..

i put back the default ISO200 to auto scene

actually i found a bug too.. the preview didn't update after you switching flash mode from OFF to AUTO..

but its fixed now..

the shutter version now official.. check first post..

I have some questions. Sorry if theres so many.

1. flash ISO is 200? Isee while T portrait is 100? how about flash iso of portrait?
2. Whats that easyshutter?
3. What settings did you use for that night shot?
4. Have you considered the idea of EM or SEM like what raiderski did?

Your driver really rocks! thumbsup!
Just a suggestion. I think It would be good you start doing your versions(Version number) for testing purposes also.
[ This Message was edited by: amnher on 2011-03-02 10:44 ]
Sony Xperia L
NoelBonel
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 11:49
Good day.
Yes, I was also curious about that Easy Shutter thing. Was is it actually?
Amnher, you're a Filipino right? I'm an avid k850i user to let you know he he. I've been using it for three years now.
deddot
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-02 12:15
1. Default Flash ISO is 200 in Auto and 100 in portrait. But it can change depend on the environment light
2. EasyShutter is a nickname i gave for the automatic switch and easy access of manual shutter/EV
3. You can take picture like that with auto, flash off, +2.0 EV or simply use twilight landscape.. both are using 2 seconds exposure time.. make sure you hold the camera very still or just put it on a desk or something.
4. What is EM and SEM mode.? is it the one that using EV for select function and use zoom to adjust it.?

my driver just using a different approach on modifying the driver..
i'm glad you like it.. thanks..
[ This Message was edited by: deddot on 2011-03-02 11:20 ]
amnher
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 12:31

On 2011-03-02 11:49:25, NoelBonel wrote:
Good day.
Yes, I was also curious about that Easy Shutter thing. Was is it actually?
Amnher, you're a Filipino right? I'm an avid k850i user to let you know he he. I've been using it for three years now.

Yeah. I had my k850i almost three months ago brand new from Sony store.

On 2011-03-02 12:15:00, deddot wrote:
1. Default Flash ISO is 200 in Auto and 100 in portrait. But it can change depend on the environment light

2. EasyShutter is a nickname i gave for the automatic switch and easy access of manual shutter/EV

3. You can take picture like that with auto, flash off, +2.0 EV or simply use twilight landscape.. both are using 2 seconds exposure time.. make sure you hold the camera very still or just put it on a desk or something.

4. What is EM and SEM mode.? is it the one that using EV for select function and use zoom to adjust it.?

my driver just using a different approach on modifying the driver..

i'm glad you like it.. thanks..

[ This Message was edited by: deddot on 2011-03-02 11:20 ]

Enhance mode
This is from Raiderski post

Enhanced Modes
it's a new and main feature which can dramatically improve picture quality in low light conditions. look at 100% crops below to see how modes work...

#1 is standard automatic mode
ISO 640, exposure time 1/8s
a lot of noise, huge loss of details and underexposed scene

#2 is hybrid SEM
ISO 400, exposure time 1/3s
better quality but still weak

#3 is hybrid EM
ISO 200, exposure time 3/4s
quality is much better. lower ISO and longer exposure time can do the trick, however exposure time is crucial parameter from now. if you can't hold your hand still then you should expect more or less blurred pictures in low light conditions. if you have nearby stable support for the camera - use it!

hybrid modes are sort of compromise between quality and exposure time. they can help a lot if you can't hold hand still for too long time but you need better quality

#4 is SEM
ISO 100, exposure time 1s
from now ISO 100 will try to preserve as much details as possible

#5 is EM
ISO 100, exposure time 2s
actually this is what K800 really can do when pushed to max - lowest ISO and longest exposure time

all mentioned above modes are fully automatic, all you have to do is to enable them and enjoy results. however it's not all what they can do because 2 of them (SEM and EM) can be used together with manual ISO. results are quite interesting. for example manual ISO 250...

#6 is +EM
ISO 250, exposure time 2s
exposure time used together (+) with manually selected ISO value. this mode might be very helpful in very dark conditions when xenon lamp is useless (bright subject at large distance)

#7 is -EM
ISO 250, exposure time 3/4s
in this mode exposure time is reduced (-) by ISO value which means: higher ISO = lower exposure time = loss of details. in some aspects this mode is very similar to hybrid EM but in this mode you can fully control compromise of quality and speed

for SEM mode names are respectively +SEM and -SEM

There are pictures suppose to be but pictures are not anymore available.
To put it into simple thought: Camera driver computes for itself the best appropriate ISO and shutter speed proportionally not having too dark and not too bright pictures. Too much shutter speed causes over bright while too much low darkens. Same with ISO. I don't know how but I thing EM(Longer) are the long mode which uses ISO 100 while SEM(Quicker) is ISO200. The shutter speed for both modes are computed automatically and adjusted by the driver itself based on the ligthing condition. But Enhance mode is different on Flash off and flash on since flash is instant and not long for long exposure to capture. No one has ever tried it in k850i I guess but it is existing on k750i,w800i,w810i,k800i,k810i modded drivers by raiderski and strong.
[ This Message was edited by: amnher on 2011-03-02 11:39 ]
Sony Xperia L
deddot
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-02 17:50
i don't know how does the picture quality for each settings and how does the settings work.. so i can't tell anything about it...

#5 is EM
ISO 100, exposure time 2s
actually this is what K800 really can do when pushed to max - lowest ISO and longest exposure time

you can have this with Auto, flash off and +2.0 EV

but for now ISO is fixed to 100, i need to find a method to raise ISO with fast shutter
[ This Message was edited by: deddot on 2011-03-02 17:03 ]
DivineJakiro
C903 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-02 18:15
Fast shutter, you now are research for?
amnher
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-03-02 23:10
Quote:

On 2011-03-02 17:50:40, deddot wrote:
i don\\'t know how does the picture quality for each settings and how does the settings work.. so i can\\'t tell anything about it...\\r\\n\\r\\n
#5 is EM \\r\\nISO 100, exposure time 2s \\r\\nactually this is what K800 really can do when pushed to max - lowest ISO and longest exposure time
\\r\\nyou can have this with Auto, flash off and +2.0 EV\\r\\n\\r\\nbut for now ISO is fixed to 100, i need to find a method to raise ISO with fast shutter\\n
[ This Message was edited by: deddot on 2011-03-02 17:03 ]

maybe you can just set sem to iso 200 and em to 100. The only problem is, how will the cam driver wil calculate the right shuter speed based on the lighting condition?that is enhance mode. Maybe we can ask raiderski
Sony Xperia L
deddot
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-03 09:17
@DivineJakiro
i'm trying to the best way to integrate 'SEM and EM' with EasyShutter.. I have one idea in mind but need to test it first..

@amnher
Quote:
The only problem is, how will the cam driver wil calculate the right shuter speed based on the lighting condition?

actually its a default feature.. what we can do is change its behaviour..

@all
please try this one
DOWNLOAD HERE
change.
- shutter speed and ISO on 0.0EV now automatic.
- EV from +0.3 to +2.0 is slow shutter with low ISO.
- EV from -0.3 to -2.0 is fast shutter with high ISO. the highest ISO is 1000 on -2.0EV with 1/500 exposure time.

known bug.
- On Auto Scene, Flash Off : if you raise EV on EV -0.3 to -2.0 , the shutter speed is not updating.
trick : raise the EV one step higher and then go back down again one step. example, if you want to go from -2.0 to -1.0 , goto -0.7 first and then go back to -1.0
this will trick the bug..
[ This Message was edited by: deddot on 2011-03-03 16:31 ]
amnher
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-03-03 11:43
Can you provide some screenshot of this new feature? cause I dont get it hmmm
The idea of EM and SEM is to provide user a one click setting(Automatically) that sets the camera itself the appropriate shutter speed and ISO depending on light luminousity As we notice most shot are fix at ISO200 with SS of 1/250. EM does it differently. It can be that setting or even have lower or higher. As we know 2S shutter speed with ISO100 is not good all the time. I could link here raiderski's camera drivers of k750i and k800i containing EM mode for refference if you like. I will support the best way I can.

By the way wheres the link?
[ This Message was edited by: amnher on 2011-03-03 10:51 ]
Sony Xperia L
NoelBonel
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2011-03-03 12:24
The link seems to be not working deddot.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic