Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 434445
Author Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread
SSyar
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2012-05-02 09:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Using Xperia Neo MT15 for 3months now..!! a complete mid-level smartphone
K750 > K770 > G705 > XPERIA X10 > XPERIA neo {0.42, Gradient Blue, rooted, Locked BL}
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-02 10:03
I sold my Neo to my brother, It's his first smartphone and he absolutely loves it, can't live without it now
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-06-24 21:57
Anyone having problems with their Xperia phone deleting random photos and pictures by itself?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-22 11:31
No problems with mine except apps frequently ask me to click "force stop" or "wait". I always "wait" and it works fine. By frequently I mean once or twice every couple of days. It doesn't concern me.

What I was more worried about, was the slowness associated with timescape. With the timescape gadget running, accessing phone functions, especially messages, is extremely laggy. Like 15 seconds or more. For that reason I stopped using timescape a long time ago.

Some residual lagginess is caused by menu animations. Turn it off in display settings: you can hardly tell the difference in appearance yet it makes a big improvement to the time it takes to open messages, call list etc.

I put this lagginess down to the slow CPU of the Neo, probably the only real deficiency of the NEO. One of the shortfall of the slower CPU is that 3D games that play fine in the 1.5GHz crop of phones, crash and stall on the NEO. I'm not a big game player so that isn't an issue for me. I'm happy with Angry Birds and similar.

In all other respects the handset is powerful and feature packed. Compass, orientation sensor, GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, A2DP, HSDPA, HDMI, DLNA, High Res screen, Front camera, AF 8MP main camera, fm radio, 3.5mm audio jack, micro-usb charging/data and MicroSD card slot. It essentially has "everything".

The screen is crisp and clear. I turned off the artificial Bravia enhancements since it unrealistically represents the photos - I like to know that what I see is what I get.

Another disadvantage of the phone is the small internal memory. If you have a bit of tech savvy and have rooted your phone, it's not an issue. Use Titanium Backup to move most apps (even one's that won't normally move) onto SD card. You can even convert system apps to user apps so that you can move them as well. However for the average non-techie user the small internal memory would become a bottleneck.

The phone works extremely well as a portable hotspot, though it does occasionally drop the wifi signal if a call comes in. I noticed this is a weakness of the Neo (and SE phones generally); it doesn't seem to be able to handle simultaneous radio connections at the same time very well (3G/Wifi).

Despite the issues above, the phone is extremely capable. It does everything it is advertised to do and the fact it is Android and not s60 (shudder - sorry Satio, I loved you, but you had to go) or Windows Phone 7 makes it one of the most versatile handsets I've ever used.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-06 18:58
Can anyone suggest me a very good ICS/JB custom rom for Xperia Neo? Looking at this topic here, a think these three - JELLY SANDWICH 7.4, Xperia Ice Cream Pureness and JJ's HYBRID ROM v3.3b stand out from the crowd. Any other suggestions or personal experience?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
unlockninja
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-05-05 09:28
Unlock Sony Xperia Phones

On 2011-10-15 08:09:41, mediar wrote:
Well, these are the approximate prices of most Xperias in Bulgaria:
Xperia Arc S - 430euro
Xperia Arc - 350euro
Xperia Play - 370euro