Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 4142 434445  Next
Author Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-28 22:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ah well it's your choice at the end of the day what suits you best. I wanted the Pro but not in black. Could not find silver anywhere not even E shop. The web pages in the GS2 load in the blink of an eye to me compared to some of the Xperia phones I have used. As for Samsung Android keyboard I have no issues with it & I have big hands. I don't like Swype keyboard

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-10-29 17:39 ]
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-10-29 17:56
that's the thing that annoys me too... that on screen keyboards use up 3/4 of the screen and I am left basically with 1 line to see what am I typing... This is a bad thing when you use yahoo messenger for ex.
Same goes to the S2 when using bluetooth keyboard FFS... (guess this thing can be fixed in a custom firmware, but still)

Also you can install custom keyboards like GO keyboard and perfect keyboard and you can customize them. I think they are better than the samsung keyboard. I am afraid of the virtual keyboard, because before I had my X10 mini pro, I had a Satio, and I was going nuts with that freaking resistive screen and lagging performance when I typed. Hope the S2 is nothing like that when using OSK.

Btw, nice mini review Tao. Do you guys have any of the S2 problems? aka. red spot in vide recording with no flash, and yellow tint on some part of the screen (google it, you will find a lot of results).

Now X Pro vs. GS2 = 50%-50%... Still don't know what to buy.

Bono how about you? happy? review it for us plz you now own both phones I want lol.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-29 18:44
No i only own the GS2. I did have Neo before. Think i found my almost perfect phone in Samsung. I may do a short review not yet. The screen keyboard on the Samsung with its power inside i can assure you does not lag behind your typing. Be back later on.
Phone?? What phone??
paulmcauley
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 18:40
Pity you didn't get the Pro Bono. I was thinking the same as you about wanting the silver one due to the fingerprint issue, but then I could only get the black one. I was pleasantly surprised when I got the black one as it looks really slick in hand, and after also seeing the silver one I now actually think tthe black looks better. You don't really notice fingerprints unless you shine a really bright light on it - this is why some online photos of it looked awful - due to a bright and unnatural camera flash - lighting that doesn't reflect reality. The glossy surface also means that any grease is wiped off clean very quickly and easily.

Overall, I think the Pro is one of the best phones of the year, and can't understand why it has gotten so little media attention or no real reviews yet. The only small niggles I have with it are that it can indeed be a bit slippy to hold at times (as mentioned by another poster) and that the back cover can creak a little.
paulmcauley
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 18:46
PS: Esato mods - can you please add the Xperia Pro to the phone model setting for your user account!
[ This Message was edited by: paulmcauley on 2011-10-31 21:31 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 01:56
Upload some camera pics and curious how it is. Glad your happy with it and I think it is a shame it's not getting the media attention and so far in the UK I have not seen it on any network or high street store. Why does this happen with some Sony Ericsson phones I wonder.
Phone?? What phone??
Big_D
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 04:08
HELP! the Gallery app in the phone does not show any of my pictures, even the ones I took with my Camera. I dunno what's wrong. Even if the pictures is there, when I touch to view, it show up blank, black, nothing. What's wrong?

T-mobile USA network.
Xperia x10i unlocked + 32GB / Xperia Neo
Xperia TX LT29i
Xperia Z C6606
Xperia L C2104
Xperia M Dual C2004
Currently using Xperia Z1s C6916 (T-Mobile USA)
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 06:43

On 2011-10-31 18:40:58, paulmcauley wrote:

Overall, I think the Pro is one of the best phones of the year, and can't understand why it has gotten so little media attention or no real reviews yet.

Well If Pro was released 6 months ago when it should be released it may be best selling device this year... but most people were tired of waiting I guess and bought another device. Shame.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-11-03 22:35
+1 for argiriano.
I finally got fed up with the waiting, and will go with the SGS2. It costs only 100$ more :/ and the performance is incomparable (1080p video is amazing).
Xperia Pro came too late, and is overpriced for it's specs.

But still, I am waiting for sample shots (pictures, video on youtube...). FFS ppl bragged how they got it 1 month ago, and still not 1 picture sample here :/
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-03 22:52
Galaxy S 2 is amazing & with a better camera
Phone?? What phone??
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 18:13
yeah i know, but there are 3 issues with the phone :/

1. Pink spot on camera (especially videos)
2. Yellow ting on part of the screen (will come with time - and is visible on white and grey backgrounds)
3. Dead pixels - the worst problem of them all.. dial *#0*# and tell me if you see any pixels (Bonovox)

A little too much problems for a super phone... :/ And i went to an Orange shop and tested 1.. BAM, 1 dead pixel...

Plz test these problems Bono and report so i may know (and even if you have 1 dead pixel, don't hide it by saying "mine has 0" ).
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 19:00
That was early versions of the phone I have none of them issues. Alot of phones sometimes have dead pixels even the HTC Sensation was known to have that. But it was early faulty batches the phone has been out ages now. No yellow on my screen & the camera is perfect no pink spot at all. EDIT: Just done them tests & mine is fine mate honestly. You can read about all manner of issues with handsets but if you start getting all paranoid about all of them then you'll never buy any phone. As I said,it was more than likely early software or hardware issues. Mine is white version so that was made much later in production.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-11-04 18:05 ]
Phone?? What phone??
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 19:54
ty for the reply. Well then S2 all the way... Instead of a physical qwerty i will use swiftkey X for speed boost. It does the job really well even on my X10 mini pro (installed only to test it, and was amazed how well it worked on a 2.5 screen).
Also video recording is lightyears ahead. Still images too. And 720p that is not so good quality outputted to a big screen = total fail :/ looks terrible.
Ty for the info bono.

FFS ppl, post image samples from your Xperi Pro...
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 19:55
None of them issues on my phone If I had I would get rid of it
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 20:29
I know I was waiting for image samples from Xperia Pro although I don' hold out them being any better than the others
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 4142 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic