Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 434445  Next
Author Xperia neo & Xperia pro Official Thread
io_bg
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-28 12:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes I know but the camera samples show exactly the opposite thing.
mr_lou
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-05-29 09:52
But doesn't both Arc, Neo and Pro have the exact same hardware and software when it comes to camera?
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-05-29 12:06

On 2011-05-28 12:59:45, io_bg wrote:
Yes I know but the camera samples show exactly the opposite thing.

Oh, you're right. I didn't look at the labels.
The umbrella one looks a tad oversharpened though on the Neo. Still better than blurry if you ask me...
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-30 06:29
got the Rii BT mini-keyboard last week : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzjrFRwouQ

actually got it for my iPod touch but it's compatible with Android phones too. Intended to hold out for the Xperia mini pro2 but the Neo is now available locally. Visiting a Sony shop this week, let's see if I can make up mind.
Ravanelli
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-31 02:47

On 2011-05-30 06:29:49, NoroBiik wrote:
got the Rii BT mini-keyboard last week : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzjrFRwouQ

actually got it for my iPod touch but it's compatible with Android phones too. Intended to hold out for the Xperia mini pro2 but the Neo is now available locally. Visiting a Sony shop this week, let's see if I can make up mind.

Good stuff!
Is there any gamepad for Neo??? Really need one......
aaron96
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2011-05-31 11:49
there has been a lot of changes in this Xperia prophecy from Xperia x10 to Xperia Neo as in between there came Xperia x10 Mini, X10 Mini pro, Xperia x10i, Xperia Play, Xperia Arc and then finally came Xperia neo which is lot more advanced than previous xperia phones however the most interesting thing to note bout these xperia phones is though all being smartphones still they possess an android heart.

previous x8 had updgrade upto 2.1 or 2.2 froyo but i felt it was pretty lame . So its true x10 has got 2.3 gingerbread version android OS and this has got inherited to its Xperia legacy following it.

there's a lot of difference between previous SE Xperia phones and this new sony ericsson xperia neo however xperia arc was launched before xperia neo and both have some similarities in internal design while display screen of arc is slightly bigger than neo. Also there's no much difference in xperia neo and this xperia pro as pro is version evolved from x10 Mini pro and this new xperia pro version has got a newer qwerty keypad and this is where pro creates an image as a business phone but not bigger than neo. Xperia neo and pro has same processor power so to me there's not much difference at all. Both have same processor and equal RAM.

both the phones have 2.3 Gingerbread Andorid OS. Processor of neo and pro is much advanced than arc and obviously it has got an enhanced video watching and gaming capabilities. Previous version like Xperia Play, Mini Pro all had 2.3 OS version but they lacked processing power and speed as compared to new Arc, Neo and Pro.

now bout Xperia Play it matched sumwhat to the these new xperia phones as it was considered to be a gaming phone but cant be considered an equivalent(i mean its better as gaming phone and as per its technology it must be considered only a gaming phone) . Infact to me this sony ericsson Xperia Neo and Pro in terms of processor power, camera and cost both are still much more beneficial than previously launched Arc and the most important thing to me is their camera having 8MP capability with additional front facing camera thus high quality video capturing and image capturing will be much more pleasurable on both. So as per my budget limitation i feel cost wise neo as well as pro are much affordable than buying Arc.
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-06-01 00:21
A lot of words to say you prefer Neo over Arc
gayannr
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-01 06:56

On 2011-06-01 00:21:42, hihihans wrote:
A lot of words to say you prefer Neo over Arc

I almost got a headache reading his post
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-02 11:56

On 2011-05-31 11:49:05, aaron96 wrote:

there's a lot of difference between previous SE Xperia phones and this new sony ericsson xperia neo however xperia arc was launched before xperia neo and both have some similarities in internal design while display screen of arc is slightly bigger than neo. Also there's no much difference in xperia neo and this xperia pro as pro is version evolved from x10 Mini pro and this new xperia pro version has got a newer qwerty keypad and this is where pro creates an image as a business phone but not bigger than neo. Xperia neo and pro has same processor power so to me there's not much difference at all. Both have same processor and equal RAM.

both the phones have 2.3 Gingerbread Andorid OS. Processor of neo and pro is much advanced than arc and obviously it has got an enhanced video watching and gaming capabilities. Previous version like Xperia Play, Mini Pro all had 2.3 OS version but they lacked processing power and speed as compared to new Arc, Neo and Pro.

Hi, I've been scrounging around the Net but have been unable to find any reliable reference to the Arc & pLay having a different ARM processor than the Neo and Pro. Including SEInsider link on these phones having the same CPU & also the wikipedia entry on which ARM variants are on which phones :

http://seinsider.com/tag/what[....]gpu-sony-ericsson-xperia-play/

https://secure.wikimedia.org/[....]ki/Snapdragon_(System_on_Chip)

I'm more interested actually on how the CPU in the Arc/Neo/Play compares against the one in my iPod Touch 4G

norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2011-06-04 23:14
Any release date for the pro? price?
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
unknown_x
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 02:24

On 2011-05-28 01:12:34, io_bg wrote:
On 2011-05-27 14:35:09, NightBlade wrote:
This is what GSM Arena has to say:

Don't trust them so much. Open their Picture compare tool (or however it's called) and compare Arc and Neo. I even noticed that Neo does a better job than Arc at taking pics.
Edit: here's a proof for that:

[ This Message was edited by: io_bg on 2011-05-28 00:17 ]

In my opinion, i find that test very strange on the arc side, i mean, how come when you compare the ISO 12233 chart they both have almost the same quality and then the ARC is totally out of focus in the other two?

I think they made a mistake in the other two charts, had a problem with the focus or something like that, because if you compare real photos there isn't such a difference:

And we know that both have the same hardware so...why should they have different cameras?
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-05 08:50
Used to thought Arc is the one....ends up I get a NEO since it have video call camera that allow Fring or other future potential to do video call over skype etc.

too bad I got a china unit since I am working there and ends up need to debrand it.

do anyone have issue if debrand ends up stuff like google not working? i suspect it is due to china great firewall since download apk is an issue.
gayannr
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-06 06:04

On 2011-06-05 02:24:02, unknown_x wrote:

On 2011-05-28 01:12:34, io_bg wrote:
On 2011-05-27 14:35:09, NightBlade wrote:
This is what GSM Arena has to say:

Don't trust them so much. Open their Picture compare tool (or however it's called) and compare Arc and Neo. I even noticed that Neo does a better job than Arc at taking pics.
Edit: here's a proof for that:

[ This Message was edited by: io_bg on 2011-05-28 00:17 ]

In my opinion, i find that test very strange on the arc side, i mean, how come when you compare the ISO 12233 chart they both have almost the same quality and then the ARC is totally out of focus in the other two?

I think they made a mistake in the other two charts, had a problem with the focus or something like that, because if you compare real photos there isn't such a difference:

And we know that both have the same hardware so...why should they have different cameras?

GSMArena photo compare tool is Bullsh*t, try comparing the X10 Mini and the X10 Mini pro, see the big difference in quality ? how come, both of them have the same camera module and firmware
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-11 15:16
Just look at this beauty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDItm7C_htM

The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
az_ajay
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2011-06-11 19:03

On 2011-06-11 15:16:41, mediar wrote:
Just look at this beauty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDItm7C_htM

Can't understand his language, But love to watch this video..
BTW Bad news for pro. Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro launch date pushed back to late July
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_pro_launch_date_pushed_back_to_late_july-news-2765.php
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 232425 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic