Previous  123 ... 212213214 ... 261262263  Next
Author Xperia arc discussion Thread
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 09:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
To those interested.
After reading official information's about LiveDock on SE websites and on mobile-review.com it would seem that Arc will in the end support USB OTG, at least when connected to the dock. There is possibility that additional USB-OTG adapter will be released.
Nevertheless it's a very good information, and the best thing is that it seems that all 2011 xperias will support OTG on the dock!
blackvodka
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-27 10:33

On 2011-06-26 19:14:04, SKIBBE wrote:
What is your uptime guys n girls, i am around 600h now. (usually i reboot often, but the Arc seems to be fine without reboots, to my surprise)

I reboot mine quite often, once in 2-3 days or so..
How did you find out the info about the time since the last boot time? Somewhere in the phone?
UPD found it
[ This Message was edited by: blackvodka on 2011-06-27 09:48 ]
loving my white Xperia S and Xperia Tablet S )
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-27 11:18

On 2011-06-27 05:29:57, mode wrote:

On 2011-06-26 12:13:02, danman7_200 wrote:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.co[....]p_Smartphone_Cameras_pitch.php

Comparison of top smart phones camera quality. I am very disappointed with the arcs performance here. I have the galaxy s2 now but still it comes as a surprise to me. The exmor r sensor seems to be just a marketing gimmick. What does everyone else think?

After a comprehensive tinkering with the Arc for about a week, my verdict is that if the Arc was equipped with X10's camera sensor with a real flash, it would've gotten much better reviews. Exmor-R is almost always noise riddled while X10 sensor does the job nicely balancing superior noise suppression with resolved detail in dark ambience. There's also a sort of lens distortion/blur occuring in Arc photos at the outer areas eventhough the centre seems sharp enough but the X10 images seem consistently sharp throughout in all instances. The only thing I liked about the Arc was the flash, and even then pictures would appear cold (white'ish) instead of the actual hue. My W995 flash had better actual reproduction of a subject in dark ambience. The little dark android in the cardboard box with a small peeping hole test is just a gimmick, even my X10 can do that using Night Landscape. All in all, SE is repeating what had plundered their marketshare a few years ago, the raping of a highly valued market branding name while they devalue their own in the process. I fail to fathom why...

I didn't use X10 much but all comparisons X10/Arc night cameras were clear as Arc was a winner....
Anyway I wouldn't really say it's just a gimmick. Night shots from Arc can be really impressive.

Also depends on the settings.
a w a r e
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 13:03

On 2011-03-04 10:10:33, Xajel wrote:
Well I have some info. which is nice and very good...

Xperia Arc may have USB OTG, if not in the final sw release, it may be on later a sw update... and AFAIK will soon updates all of it new Xperia range to 2.4... so I just hope USB OTG will be there too

I don't know any functionality that the USB OTG will get, but it may give you the ability to connect a regular USB keyboard, or use a USB mass storage.. or it might give you both of these... lets hope will give us something early...

I'm imagining to connect the phone to a TV using HDMI and hooking a keyboard to it to do more advanced browsing

of course we will need an Male-microUSB to female-USB adapter to make things work which is not yet announced by
[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2011-03-04 09:11 ]

I wrote that thing more than 3 months ago...and it seems to be correct... but sooner than 2.4 (ice-cream sandwich) for sure...

Xperia LiveDock will be released in Q3, while Ice-cream sandwich will be released in Q4... so it will come

the thing is,, will Arc REQUIRE LiveDock for USB OTG ? or any microUSB-male to USB-Female adapter will be enough ?
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 13:28

I wrote that thing more than 3 months ago...and it seems to be correct... but sooner than 2.4 (ice-cream sandwich) for sure...

Xperia LiveDock will be released in Q3, while Ice-cream sandwich will be released in Q4... so it will come

the thing is,, will Arc REQUIRE LiveDock for USB OTG ? or any microUSB-male to USB-Female adapter will be enough ?

I remember you writing this, and I was more than glad to hear that but since then there was no official confirmation from , that is why I mentioned it.
You know, Q3 begins July 1st
It's good to know that Ice Cream Sandwich will come soon after official release, and that arc(and with it all 2011 xperias) will be supported.
^^HAMID^^
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 13:43
What does LiveDock exactly do?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 14:14

On 2011-06-27 13:28:44, Wishmaster89 wrote:
I remember you writing this, and I was more than glad to hear that but since then there was no official confirmation from , that is why I mentioned it.
You know, Q3 begins July 1st
It's good to know that Ice Cream Sandwich will come soon after official release, and that arc(and with it all 2011 xperias) will be supported.

The thing is that LiveDock connect to the phone only using USB, but it does have HDMI out.. so does Arc ( and Neo also ) support MHL or at least stream the HDMI signal through the USB port ?

and it does charge the phone while I can't see a charger input on the Dock it self so how it can charge the phone too

Any way, it's a very nice addition... the only thing missing is built in speaker or at least 3.5mm audio jack out.. but I don't think this will be possible duo to the USB only connection...

we still need more info. about it...
[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2011-06-27 13:17 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 14:21

On 2011-06-27 13:43:44, ^^HAMID^^ wrote:
What does LiveDock exactly do?

What we know for sure
1- charge the phone
2- connect the phone to a TV using HDMI
3- connect some other accessories to the phone like USB keyboard for better browsing on TV experience, or a PS3 controller for much better gaming experience ( specially when you connect the dock to a TV also )...

What we don't know...
1- cost.
2- exact time of release, Q3 is general timeframe that expands 3 months from 1st July to 30th September...
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-27 16:08
@Xajel

Are you sure it connects your phone to an HDMI TV? I certainly didn't see any hint of that.

It does connect your phone to a charger, possibly to a PC and supposedly utilises USB OTG. I didn't see any HDMI stuff on LiveDock.

It also has a unique identity when it connects to your phone meaning that your phone can know which dock it's connected to and auto-start an application according to your preferences.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 16:22
@Ricky D
it does have miniHDMI on the back, maybe you saw that port and thought it to be microUSB...

take a look at my last reply on the ray official topic about that miniHDMI/microUSB thing
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=201816&start=58

+ from mobile-review.com news regarding 's ann.
http://www.mobile-review.com/[....]2011/sonyericsson-new-en.shtml

The second accessory is a cradle that you can put upright on the table or lay it down horizontally and it also features the Sony Ericsson app. On the back side of the cradle there is an HDMI slot and when you connect it to your TV a respective app is launched. You can connect a wireless keyboard and a mouse (I used SE Play) to get a kind of a mini PC with a large screen. It is very convenient for web browsing, email and other apps and it also supports wireless gamepads for playing (during the demo they used a wireless PS3 gamepad). These accessories will be available in Q3 the prices have not yet been announced. I want to remind you that new SE stuff is more easily spotted in Sony stores.

Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-27 18:02
hmm... I see it as a micro-USB with a distinct power symbol next to it. Unless, micro-HDMI now delivers power too? Have you yourself had one of these devices and used the HDMI slot and can therefore say for 100% certainty?

I would have though SE would have mentioned it in their press release and it would have more exposure in the products blog and various demoes to bloggers on youtube.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
dibdin
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 18:04
Does anyone know if and where you can get the front housing/casing for the Arc at all?
Xperia S in white ROCKS!!
^^HAMID^^
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2011-06-27 21:22

3- connect some other accessories to the phone like USB keyboard for better browsing on TV experience, or a PS3 controller for much better gaming experience ( specially when you connect the dock to a TV also )..

Any firm source for this one ?

P.S: I found SE's site write about that!
http://www.sonyericsson.com/c[....]rtfolio/specification/livedock
[ This Message was edited by: ^^HAMID^^ on 2011-06-27 20:29 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-06-28 10:27

On 2011-06-27 18:02:18, Ricky D wrote:
hmm... I see it as a micro-USB with a distinct power symbol next to it. Unless, micro-HDMI now delivers power too? Have you yourself had one of these devices and used the HDMI slot and can therefore say for 100% certainty?

I would have though SE would have mentioned it in their press release and it would have more exposure in the products blog and various demoes to bloggers on youtube.

This is what I'm thinking about...

The fact that the dock connect to the phone only using USB, but still provide HDMI output then I'm assuming that the phones actually have MHL support of some sort.. if yes then all mysteries is solved...

MHL can use either microUSB or miniHDMI ( actually any port, but currently these only ) and provide power and FullHD signaling using only one cable, being an microUSB or miniHDMI...
something like Samsung GS2 which only have microUSB port that support MHL.. using a MHL cable you will be able to connect that microUSB to a HDMI TV.. and if the TV support MHL also, it will charge the phone also !!

so if Xperia line actually support MHL all mysteries will be solved...
1- The dock only connect to the phone using USB but still provide HDMI output...
2- The dock can charge the phone while there's no charger or power input in the dock...
3- And one of the pics we saw earlier that shows Xperia Play connected to a TV when we know that Play does not support TV output !!
4- Only Arc, Neo & Pro actually have HDMI output but LiveDock supports all Xperia line including Play, Mini, Mini Pro but does not state that HDMI/TV output is not available when using the Dock with these phones...

These mysteries will be really solved except one... why did not advertise the feature ?
maybe for the same reason they did not advert the USB OTG feature !!
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-06-28 11:27
UNFORTUNATELY I confirm Arc has one fckn bug, I don't know what causes that.

It RESETS it's date (always to 26th June) and time. Randomly, every week or so. What a cr..p.
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 212213214 ... 261262263  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic