Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung And Google To Deliver Nexus S

Previous  1234  Next
Author Samsung And Google To Deliver Nexus S
buntoo
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-12-19 22:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The design is boring...
Good that they added LED flash [addsig]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-22 15:20
I decided to try one of these today and loved it. I now got Gingerbread pure Google Android
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-22 18:02
How is the camera and the flash ?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-22 18:26
I will show you soon. I sold my x10 and n8. This phone is super smooth. I swear it's the most fastest Android device I ever used truly fast in everything. This is a photo in total darkness slightly blurry cos I did move a bit but flash is decent.Plus a macro of my watch. I will take photo outside tomorrow but not really a bad camera

Original

Original
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-12-22 20:52 ]
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-22 22:01
Looks ok. Think of getting one myself if the camera and the flash are satisfying
The flash on my x10 is a joke
Give us some nice shots from different conditions
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-22 22:06
I will tomorrow as we are due some sunshine with the snow on the ground. The flash goes quite a distance. It is really really fast this phone & surprisingly fingerprints do not stick that badly & the screen cleans easily even with the back of your hand. Battery life is said to be the best of any Android device so far I shall report on that soon. I know the X10 has the worst flash I ever seen & having to turn it on manually is stupid If you look at the shot of the watch full size in the photos section it's actually pretty good though one review of this phone said camera was crap. It's ok to me
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-12-22 21:08 ]
Phone?? What phone??
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-23 05:09
Must confess I'm kinda jealous of you, Bonovox. Somehow this phone is eye catching to me.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-23 06:26
It is stunning to use. Internet is blindingly fast as is the whole interface. Am sorry to say but it makes my previous x10 seem prehistoric.In my ever ending quest to find the perfect handset I think I have found it. I wanted a top Android device and this is it. Will report more soon or maybe a review. I also do love the way it looks though at first I thought it was average. In the flesh its lovely. When you lock the screen it turns off like an old television which looks cool. Though its all plastic so what so are most phones its built well anyway. People complain too much me included sometimes. I made the cash back on my other phones and I got lots of money with my inheritence so I just walked into the store and got one. £429 it was

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-12-23 05:35 ]
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-23 10:13
Then you got yourself a nice present for christmas
[ This Message was edited by: rikken on 2010-12-23 09:14 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-23 12:13
OK took these last night & this morning just standard quickly taken pics. The flash one of my DAB radio was in total darkness in bed & the snow this morning. Bear in mind the colours for the snow pic is not much as it's well,all white gotta go out now will try take some more later. Flash is very good for single LED it reaches across a room but this was taken at close range which is why it shows slightly over exposed flash

Original

Original
Not the best picture quality ever but not the worst either. Although I never really got this phone for serious photography Will upload pics of the phone itself later
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-12-23 11:16 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-23 15:40

As you can see photo quality is not bad really. Sorry I know they are boring pics I have taken these before but I was just testing it

As you might be able to see in the menus,when scrolling up or down it has a 3D like effect of like it's on a roller. It fades off at the top & bottom like it's a fruit machine or something a nice touch. This phone is free from lag anywhere it's pure Google with none of the rubbish Samsung Touchwiz UI which is good. It's an absolute pleasure to use in all respects. Battery life I will report tomorrow but so far it's not gone past halfway & we are past half day. I am not very good at in depth reviews but the Android 2.3 is not the overall complete update everyone was expecting. But it has alot of nice new touches & looks different in quite a few parts compared to 2.1 & 2.2. Also is so much faster. Samsung one of their weak points was always poor signal on their phones but this model has solid reception even moving on the bus which was good. Call quality is loud & clear too. As you can see camera is pretty good & it also has a very fast shutter speed which may be to do with the speedy processor inside almost no shutter lag. VGA video I have yet to try out but not fussed that it's no HD. Build quality is solid as always with Samsung though it is plastic & quite light it does not feel cheap & finger prints do not stick that badly. Audio quality is excellent & loud as always with recent Samsung models. The phone is fairly loud when it rings though not the loudest I can hear it on a busy street. Overall it feels such a pleasure to use & does everything very well at a fast pace. Internet is one of this phones strong points loading pages fast & properly. Screen is beautiful although a bit more reflective compared to the Galaxy S but it's still fantastic to view outdoors as with all Super AMOLED screens. Using the Applications Manager is more simplified & easier to understand compared to previous Android phones. It is also alot faster entering the App Manager in 2.3 compared to older Android which tended to lag a bit. Everything is very zippy indeed. Any questions just ask
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-12-23 15:17 ]
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-23 16:19
The camera seems adequate
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-23 16:23
Yeah with a little messing about with settings it can produce ok shots. The one in the sunshine came out good. A nice touch is when you exit the camera & then open it again it remembers your settings unlike some camera phones EDIT: I forgot to say yesterday that I was playing away with the Nexus & all of a sudden whilst using internet Google messaged me asking if I wanted to download an update. I did & it downloaded installed in two minutes. It worked brilliantly. I think it's on GSM Arena today about it fixing some minor bugs. It's the beauty of this phone cos updates are straight from Google not Samsung & may be quite frequent. My phone now shows as 2.3.1 The Carphonewarehouse only got them in yesterday & there I was walking into a store by off chance & I walk out with one. And already after a few days an update albeit a 1.9mb one but a still it shows Google's support
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-12-23 15:50 ]
Phone?? What phone??
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-24 01:22

On 2010-12-23 05:09:23, tranced wrote:
Must confess I'm kinda jealous of you, Bonovox. Somehow this phone is eye catching to me.

+1
..Adnan..
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-12-24 01:32
@Bonovox

How would you compare this to the iPhone 4...?

Interested to know as this is the 1st android handset that appeals to me...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi