Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 341342343 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2011-12-02 22:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-12-02 21:52:22, moogoo wrote:
wait.. so nozomi is coming to AT&T? hmmmmm that's no fun. i don't like having a phone everyone else has :/

I am pretty sure that it will not be the Nozomi. If it was the Nozomi it would be LT26at and not LT28at.
LT28at is Aoba and not Nozomi.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2011-12-02 22:24
What different specs does Aoba has in compare to nozomi?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-03 01:20
while i would love for SE to have more success and break into the american market, i kinda like having a phone that's more exclusive. and SE Flagships may not sell that well even if given to US carriers, simply because they aren't marketed that well. The X10 was available on AT&T and through BestBuy but it wasn't marketed at all. Not a single commercial on TV about it that I saw and I have yet to see someone in public holding one.

Hell, I have yet to see anyone holding an Xperia Play either.

Whatever the case, Looking forward to seeing what will be offered and will decide whether or not it's time to upgrade when that happens
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-12-03 01:30
Having a phone that's popular has its benefits though, Like the cost of the phone will be less if carriers pick it up, rather then having to buy it unlocked/unbranded off a website. Also if a phone sells well the carrier (and SE) will be encouraged to continue updates, where as if only a few sell off the sony website they might not be as motivated to bring updates, unlike somewhere for example the UK where SE has a large user base and will bring them out in a timely manor. Also if you ever want to sell your phone, you'll be able to get more for it if its a phone that people are aware of.

Just my opinion, though I know the feeling of feeling unique unlike seeing a queue of business men all texting on their iPhones
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-12-03 02:30

On 2011-12-03 01:30:44, adsada wrote:
Also if a phone sells well the carrier (and SE) will be encouraged to continue updates, where as if only a few sell off the sony website they might not be as motivated to bring updates, unlike somewhere for example the UK where SE has a large user base and will bring them out in a timely manor. Also if you ever want to sell your phone, you'll be able to get more for it if its a phone that people are aware of.

And yet SE's proven you wrong on the update front; the X10 minis and the X8 got their 2.1 update more or less when the rest of the world got theirs while the X10 on AT&T took forever to get updated. The unlocked 2011 Xperias all got updates the same time as the rest of the world, while the Verizon and AT&T ones are, IIRC, still running whatever they came with.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-12-03 09:34
what adsada said still holds true. none of the SE models are marketed much in the US. of all of them, only the play got any sort of marketing and even so, it's not like it has huge displays everywhere or runs commercials all day long. That being said, SE is pretty slow with updates to NA carriers. Even with unbranded/unlocked phones, the updates for these models are almost always last. I'm sure this has a lot to do with SE not being a huge brand in NA.

I'm hoping SE doesn't disappoint.. look forward to what's to come. Perhaps i'll be tempted to upgrade sooner than I was planning to.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-12-03 22:55
Yesterday I was at a party and I've take some nice pictures with my C901. I've been thinking of buying a new phone for some time, but Ididn't manage to make a right decision.
For me it's really important that my phone to have a good camera and to be able to take good photos in a club too. I want that in every unexpected situation to be able to take good pictures, and for this i don't want to bring a camera everywhere, for this I want to buy a phone with a good camera. After the C901 Sony Ericsson didn't released a cameraphone with better overall performance.

Most of people are discussing here almost always the processors and if the phones ha Exmor sensor or not, or the number of pixels.
I don't care of the used processors, I don't even want to own the fastest phone. I just want my phone not to be slow, and to operate smooth without lags.
I don't care if it uses Exmor sensor or not. I just want a Xenon flash, and an overall performance or better like the C901. Even the resolituion would be enogh at 8 or even 5 MP, if the pictures are stunning. People can praise the arc's picture quality, but with some competency and with some editing even the K750 could produce nearly as good pictures (because arc's night shots look good at 1 MP size, in full size they are blurry, and even with heavy noise reduction are full of noise).

I want some nice themes too - in 2011's phones the preset themes was more than nothing but I expect much more. Even in 2003-2004's SE phones had much more possibilities in this field.
And a need a good file manager too.

I don't think that I expect too much. And if I would buy even the arc (which I won't do, because it's too large), I would feel that I step back in some features, and that would be weird in some respects.

I don't know what to expect in the future from Sony Ericsson espacially after the buyout, because the most of features used in recent featurephones came from Ericsson in my opinion. Because if you know the Ericsson - SonyEricsson history, you may know that untill the 2008-2009's featurephones (for example C905, C901) they were developed from Ericsson's bases. From T68m with many accesories -even attachable camera- through the T610 - K700 - K750 - K800 - K850 - C905 you have to see that -even with the Sony's further contrubitions- these phones' Menu, user experience, features originate mostly from Ericsson.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2011-12-03 21:56 ]
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-12-03 23:57
I would say that actually the satio was SE's last best all round camera. Being the previous owner of the K850i, I always said that once you've gone xenon you can never go back. Unfortunately I never had a choice in this matter as no android phone on the market came with this awesome feature. However after buying the xperia arc, I do manage just fine without it and although there are times when I would like to use it, its not so missed. What annoyed me most with the cyber-shot phone was the flash burn which ridiculously burnt out peoples faces. Also although most shots came out good, using the flash really didn't give a good idea of what was actually was seen by your eye when taking the photo and the moment you wanted to capture. With the arc, I find that the addition of Exmor-r really does help to bring more light to photos in the dark and photos I take actually look really good and capture the atmosphere of the moment very well. I have taken many photos in clubs and although you need a more steady hand (which admittedly can be hard while intoxicated) photos come out well. Photos of peoples faces with the LED flash light up the right amount without causing burn or making the light look unnatural. Also you can also see what's going on in the background (other people the lights etc.) whereas xenon would make the background completely black. Filming also works very well while the LED flash is on, not becoming blurry at all and again shows the atmosphere of the club well. What some might say sounds like a gimmick I believe works really well to help you capture a good night time photo without having to use a tripod, and captures a more realistic picture of what the moment actually was like.

Your point about customisation, really you need to have an Android device before you make the assumption that SE's java based phones provide a better experience in this field. You can change the look of your homescreen completely, by using third party home launchers, and making it fit your needs perfectly. If you don't like how SE have skinned android you can install a unofficial custom rom. You can change literally everything! A decent file manager? The Android Market is full of them, try ASTRO.

And lastly I'm not going to get into the whole Sony vs Ericsson thing, but I'll just say this. SE is a completely different company then it was 2 years ago, next year they (or sony) will only have a portfolio of smartphones. So to say that Sony wont manage because it was Ericsson that designed the menus etc. even if true, is now outdated. Now they produce only android smartphones that fact doesn't really matter.

Although I do hope to see a smatphone with a xenon flash in the near future, I do think that the arc actually doesn't do too badly to replace this.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-12-04 01:37
Pity SE never made an N8 quality camera
Phone?? What phone??
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2011-12-04 03:56

On 2011-12-03 22:55:06, puestadelsol wrote:

I want some nice themes too - in 2011's phones the preset themes was more than nothing but I expect much more. Even in 2003-2004's SE phones had much more possibilities in this field.
And a need a good file manager too.

i so agree with you on this.

this is one major thing that i miss with , their themes. they could have built more themes and lessen the default ones (the only difference is color)
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2011-12-04 05:34
Sony Ericsson rebranding to SONY mid 2012.

http://timesofindia.indiatime[....]hones/articleshow/10964960.cms

huiyi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-12-04 08:06
new xperia...

[img][http://seat.it168.com/attachment/forum/201112/04/123142efddoojiopotpjcq.jpg/img]
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2011-12-04 08:13

On 2011-12-04 08:06:32, huiyi wrote:
new xperia...

[img][http://seat.it168.com/attachment/forum/201112/04/123142efddoojiopotpjcq.jpg[/img]

lookin' good!
Ravager
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-12-04 08:36
Oh god, What's up with the second one? A hump? really?
Let's call it Xperia Camel, please?!
Ravager
The tiny rabbit from outer space
arcmhyke
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2011-12-04 09:02
I'll Fix this post for you Huiyi

I like this one very stylish, but it's branded with Sony already
[ This Message was edited by: mhyke on 2011-12-04 08:07 ]
Phone: Sony Xperia TX LT29i