Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 290291292 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-10-08 09:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ah. Makes sense. New topic: ice cream sandwich(from the leaked video of nexus prime), yay or nay?
Wonder how sonyericsson will customise it...
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 00:38
Qualcomm just released new details on their new soc... would be really cool if nozomi has that

http://www.anandtech.com/show[....]-s4-msm8960-krait-architecture

Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 10:19

On 2011-10-09 00:38:00, djin wrote:
Qualcomm just released new details on their new soc... would be really cool if nozomi has that

The MSM8960 does look interesting and powerful indeed. The problem with SE is that Qualcomm has shares in HTC and so will more than likely give their best stuff first to HTC before anybody else.

Sadly, Ericsson is also about to sell its stake in ST-Ericsson due to the latter making too many losses.

Looks like Ericsson is cutting its losses seeing that SE may soon be 100 percent Sony controlled.

It's been nice folks, I will not be lurking here anymore since my interest in SE is gone. The impending takeover by Sony has made to decide to wait and see what Sony does, I may come back if Sony makes good products and succeeds in this industry but am not too optimistic.

Cheers!
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-10-09 10:47
One thing is for sure, Sony will have bleeding edge hardware but will make the developer/modder's heart bleeding in software.

seriously though, Qualcomm has lead us to the 1Ghz race, but was lost on the dual core craze. now is the time to resurrect. the Adreno 225 GPU looks powerful on paper, but i still think PowerVR will remain the king in mobile graphics. If AMD could shrink their the HD6570 GPU (Turks) to fit into a tablet...
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2011-10-09 09:51 ]
10 years at Esato
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-10 09:28

On 2011-10-09 19:42:04, aurelius wrote:
Rumour from friend at ST-E, SE has contacted ST-E for chipset to 3 different devices. One of them could
be SE's first dual core on the market. No words if/when release.
[ This Message was edited by: aurelius on 2011-10-09 18:42 ]

Im so curious to se SE device with ST-E powerplant... I hope this isn`t rumor.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2011-10-10 10:54
not likely considering Ericsson is quiting the JV with STM
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-10 21:34

On 2011-10-09 10:19:45, Dups! wrote:

The MSM8960 does look interesting and powerful indeed. The problem with SE is that Qualcomm has shares in HTC and so will more than likely give their best stuff first to HTC before anybody else.

Sadly, Ericsson is also about to sell its stake in ST-Ericsson due to the latter making too many losses.

Looks like Ericsson is cutting its losses seeing that SE may soon be 100 percent Sony controlled.

It's been nice folks, I will not be lurking here anymore since my interest in SE is gone. The impending takeover by Sony has made to decide to wait and see what Sony does, I may come back if Sony makes good products and succeeds in this industry but am not too optimistic.

Cheers!

@Dups! I can't believe you're off
Phone?? What phone??
Consumology
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-10 23:27
I wonder if Nozomi has at least LTE. Considering that Ericsson is building up LTE networks and SE has not one phone announced with it whereas lots of others have is just another episode of failure.
After ten years with SE I think I am going with the only true P800 successor in the market: the Samsung Galaxy Note! Sad, sad, sad.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-11 09:33

On 2011-10-10 21:34:41, Bonovox wrote:

On 2011-10-09 10:19:45, Dups! wrote:

Cheers!

@Dups! I can't believe you're off

No, mate, I meant I will not be posting or looking into this thread but will be around esato.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-10-11 11:21
you can still hang around here to give your thoughts you don't need to have an or Sony phone to write a single word here or should we?
10 years at Esato
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-11 12:26
@Dups!

Of course you will be looking into this thread, what you talking about? You will have to look in, because from now on, we'll all be talking about YOU and not in a good way.....
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-11 13:58
Phone?? What phone??
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-11 14:35

On 2011-10-11 12:26:53, goldenface wrote:
@Dups!

Of course you will be looking into this thread, what you talking about? You will have to look in, because from now on, we'll all be talking about YOU and not in a good way.....

Be careful, I will send my lawyers after all those who speak ill of me

I don't know guys, like I wrote, I have come to a realisation that the SE I loved is not the same as before and I am just not feeling it anymore. I know I have been pessimistic about Sony's chances but as razec suggested that I should wait and see what Sony comes up with, I am giving Sony a chance. In fact, I now think this is actually a good move cause SE has reached its destination and cannot go beyond this. I know Sony will give us amazingly specced phones and I am really hoping they keep the SE team cause they have made huge strides to again being at the top end of the scale.

I don't like Samsung, I detest LG, Motorola is dead to me, HTC has problems with signal reception and Nokia is Microsoft's pawn and I see a bleak future for them.

I am okay with Blackberry and am looking into Apple but I am now not so sure I will eventually buy the iPhone anymore.

So, this all leads me back to Sony Mobile, like they say, home is where the heart is. I am really looking forward to their first superphone.

Yes, I have had a change of heart. It was time to move on from the love affair I had with Ericsson. I just hope Sony doesn't fail as I suspect it is likely to (sorry, I have this feeling I can't shake but I hope I am wrong).

I am also looking forward to this thread renamed 'The All New 2012 Sony Portfolio' next year. By that I mean they should acquire the Ericsson shares as soon as now.

Sony, don't you dare disappoint me!!!

@razec

No, no one is prohibited from contributing to this thread even if they don't own a Sony Ericsson/Sony phone, it is just that I don't want to be here when the Ericsson part is soon to disappear. I will be back when it is all Sony. I don't even know whether I want to buy (the) Nozomi seeing that it is likely to be the last Sony Ericsson's last flagship before it becomes Sony.

So, until then, I WILL BE BACK. Arnold Schwazeneger would be proud
rraz9228
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-10-11 19:34

On 2011-10-11 14:35:01, Dups! wrote:

Sony, don't you dare disappoint me!!!

@razec

No, no one is prohibited from contributing to this thread even if they don't own a Sony Ericsson/Sony phone, it is just that I don't want to be here when the Ericsson part is soon to disappear. I will be back when it is all Sony. I don't even know whether I want to buy (the) Nozomi seeing that it is likely to be the last Sony Ericsson's last flagship before it becomes Sony.

So, until then, I WILL BE BACK. Arnold Schwazeneger would be proud

If rog's comment is to go by, since he is one of the most trusted insider here, it look's like SE/Sony will not disappoint.

As for Nozomi, if this is SE's last phone, you may want to buy it because it is the last SE phone. I still keep my T68 as a souvenir as it is last Ericsson phone I had before it became an SE.
[ This Message was edited by: rraz9228 on 2011-10-11 18:34 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-11 20:46
Exciting times indeed!

I'm wondering of Sony has been planning for the eventual divorce all along and has been working on mobiles of their own for a few years now.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 290291292 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic