Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Previous  123 ... 288289290 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 01:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-09-28 19:50:56, badassmam wrote:

Anyway, the dual core will be overshadowed by some more powerful phones at the next MWC. It isn't such a bad thing but a quick release of optimised hardware would be most welcome. Quad and Dual core won't give you much difference so *if the has a top camera module, it'll be fine. The main camera competition is from Nokia but their priorities are different and they're handicapping their phones with Windows. HTC and Moto aren't anything special for camera. The new Nexus which is expected before MWC, will have the same flavour as most upcoming devices. Samsung, HTC and Apple are announcing soon, also have something for their anniversary which should be something good.

I know you usually have inside info etc, but unlike what u said, it seemed didn't really announce or celebrate the 10th anniversary globally or unveil anything special for it.
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 01:25
Btw return of brands like cybershot and walkman is definately needed. HTC are doing their Beats thing for music, what if they get camera people like carl zeiss? HTC is being smart, sonyericsson/sony should do the same. Sony should use the brands to market their phones. More bravia, high end cybershot and high end walkman(this will also kill iphone 4s while it snoozes)
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 02:11

On 2011-10-07 01:25:00, Legen wrote:
Btw return of brands like cybershot and walkman is definately needed. HTC are doing their Beats thing for music, what if they get camera people like carl zeiss? HTC is being smart, sonyericsson/sony should do the same. Sony should use the brands to market their phones. More bravia, high end cybershot and high end walkman(this will also kill iphone 4s while it snoozes)

Well, SE seems to have decided to use the Walkman brand on low-end devices. My guess is they're treating the Xperia brand as the premium, all-encompassing brand, especially since all the Xperia phones use Mobile Bravia Engine and most of them use Exemor R sensors (the Exemor R being something associated with Cybershots). The Live with Walkman's player seems to just be a skinned and branded version of SE's customized Android media player.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 03:04
I don't think the buy out thing is "new" to us here, many of us saw this coming, but for sure Sony can use all of its potential should the buy out completes. but this doesn't mean Ericsson is doing a bad job nor SE. we all know how Sony strangulated SE.

One thing i expect would be that Next-gen SE phones would be more innovative/unique and might pack really powerful hardware, whether we like it or not Sony is doing great at those things after all.
10 years at Esato
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 04:57
@motvikt Don't pay any attention to that bollocks!

Is he mad! "European driven mindsets??" What kind of backward sounding tripe is that? Apple, Sony, Sharp, LG etc all give us products that find their way into our living rooms. And thank god for them!
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2011-10-07 04:10 ]
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 06:21
better clear this speculation up as soon as possible if they don't want to lose customers especially those about to buy their products.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2011-10-07 05:22 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 07:04
I agree, they need to clarify this as soon as yesterday.

Back in 2009 they ignored the same type of rumours but this time they need to come out with a statement.

I also don't see Ericsson selling Sony their patents, that will be like selling your soul.

Heck, maybe they should break up! Sony has been killing the innovative spirit of Ericsson for far too long. Let Sony make this Sony Mobile or whatever and fail cause that is what I see happening.

I am already going Blackberry and was looking at the iPhone should SE not make it. So, if Sony buys out Ericsson then I will be having one Blackberry and one iPhone in my pockets.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 07:08

On 2011-10-07 04:57:48, goldenface wrote:

Is he mad! "European driven mindsets??" What kind of backward sounding tripe is that? Apple, Sony, Sharp, LG etc all give us products that find their way into our living rooms. And thank god for them!

That's clearly a form of sensational journalism filled with hatred to anything related to US/Japan. i still wonder why people read on that site when they knew the articles were emotionally loaded. I have a form of love-hate realationships with US brands but they sit on top of my desk because they do the job really well, same thing for Japan products which are really great products, And the author seems to forgot that the camera he is using for his journalism is a Canon/Nikon/Olympus/Panasonic or is he using HP/Kodak cameras?

@Dups:
If i were you i'll give them some chance to see what happens after the first SE phone under the Sony brand rolls out. if it disappoints then it's all over. the only thing that worries me would be the much higher price tag (as if SE phones were not too expensive at times). as Sony is infamous for this.
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2011-10-07 06:11 ]
10 years at Esato
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 07:52
@razec

You know, that is a excellent advice but I am just not convinced that Sony alone will be able to take the mobile phone division to greater heights. I have always pointed out that the old Sony was amazing and innovative but this new Sony is confused and lazy, it actually lacks the direction and spirit of the old Sony and anything they touch dies. That, sadly, is what happens when you rest on your laurels after you have annihilated the competition. Funny thing is that the new Sony-ness crept into SE when they surrendered their massive lead in the cellphone industry and let new kids on the block like Samsung, Apple and HTC beat them.

Sony is struggling and it will continue this way. Look at every sphere of their business. I

I will, to be fair, give them the chance to see what they come up with and how it works but I am not holding my breath.

One thing they will do is bring the hardware into their phones, assuming this 'deal' goes ahead.

Who knows, maybe they will prove me wrong and succeed, maybe they will make me a fan of Sony Mobile or whatever it will be called.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 09:08

On 2011-10-07 07:52:30, Dups! wrote:

Sony is struggling and it will continue this way. Look at every sphere of their business. I

I will, to be fair, give them the chance to see what they come up with and how it works but I am not holding my breath.

I agree... what I`m talking about, even Sony itself admit that they were late for digital tech couple of years ago, and they still play catch up in all fronts. Anyway if this deal is going to happen we have to give them chance, and probably will.
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 09:11
I think this will be very bad. Sony is on the decline on most fronts, they are slow, bureaucratic and they don't know software. Their different product groups work in isolated "silos", each its own fiefdom. Very little sharing.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 09:31
so to discuss the subject of this forum topic, what exactly is Aoba? a "blue" Xperia play successor? Nozomi, Arc S successor we "hoped" to see on early 2011? if Aoba is Play successor then i think it's about time we see this thing packing multicore CPU as Android ICS will really use the potential, although i i doubt the graphics can be as amazing as what we see now with PSVita. that thing has a HW that only samsung can beat. Adreno is always weaker than powerVR and Samsung was in charge of the SoC used in vita.
10 years at Esato
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 10:30

On 2011-10-07 04:57:48, goldenface wrote:

Haha yes I realized that after. But apart from that European superiority crap he has a point. Sony needed ericsson more in the beginning and still do imo
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 10:51

On 2011-10-07 09:31:49, razec wrote:
Samsung was in charge of the SoC used in vita.

Is that already have reliable confirmation release?

I'm now recognized Samsung as a leader in microprocessor industry, but I do not flavor the way they do a business thing "ruthless". it probably Samsung will launch they own handheld game device to compete in market with Sony. Apple already learned this before, Sony should look it as example. Sadly, maybe they not realized this!

Back to Sony buy out rumour, if it correct and Sony going to make they own mobile division.
I wonder what company will responsible for their radio / communicator parts if not Ericsson the industry leading?
Qualcomm / Nvidia / TI you name it? ...... still far behind Ericsson know how in this kind of techonology
Even Samsung is using Ericsson Modem in their Galaxy 4G / Galaxy S2 except LTE version which still unknown information.

They just pull up more muscle into business do it work!!
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 10:57
I`ll be glad to see Sony buying Ericsson shares, with deal for components/technologies between the two... I just want to see some device with or Sony logo outside and with NovaThor 9600 inside.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 288289290 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic