Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 151152153 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 14:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-02-14 13:44:55, winnerzero wrote:
personally, i'm loving the look of the arc...really can't compare it to anything else out there right now or in the near future as I think it looks that good...not a fan of samsung phones let alone the fact all they do is copy the look of the iphone and put that crappy touchwiz interface on the galaxy, which in all honesty i don't know what it is that people buy that phone for...gotta give them credit for good marketing tho...but after using i900, never samsung again. crappy build and didn't last long.

for all the complainers out there about how are behind and not up to date, i seriously don't think other phones are that much better in anyway...the arc looks smooth as, the reviews say as much...gingerbread is great, have got the latest version plus have promised to upgrade quickly...i have the x10 and it has been nothing but great as long as you don't expect too much from a company that told everyone exactly what to expect with the x10 anyway... plus looking at other forums, ppl have been complaining about crap LG build quality and crappy GPS and lag on samsungs, so each to their own i guess.

I think have done well to differentiate themselves from the rest of the crowd and hope they can make a ton of money with this range so they can keep bringing us new stuff. Used to own an htc and as good as they are, i just wanted something different because it seems to me that every htc being released seems to be just like any other htc. they are all pretty much the same... if i had the finances i would buy both the play and arc but for me, the arc just seems almost the perfect phone for now...who knows, maybe in a year or two dual core phones can really start to shine and be optimised. for me, i don't understand how smartphones can get any smarter...would rather dual cores in things like tablets which is why the xoom is really appealing for me as well.

sorry for the long post, just my 2 cents. Peace guys, if you don't like you don't have to be in this forum.
[ This Message was edited by: winnerzero on 2011-02-14 12:48 ]

Absolutely and beautifully put!! I share everything you wrote in that post!

Now SE, where is my Arc?! It feels like I'm already waiting and eternity for that beauty of a phone.

It has been a long while for me to be excited by an SE phone and the Arc does more than that.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 15:30
@winnerzero Very well said!

Dups!, you sound like you're really hooked on the Arc,
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2011-02-14 14:59 ]
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 16:12
I don`t like the side-mounted 3.5 jack on the Arc. Not pocket friendly And the placement of the flash may create glare from your fingers, I`ve seen it happen on pictures taken with the iPhone4
I see myself with the Neo in a month or so
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 16:15
@goldenface

Like an addict on cocaine

I'll be honest, I've used a number of SEs and most of the times I had that feeling of wow but lately (since 2006) that feeling died until I first laid my eyes on the Arc. Then after a few previews, whic were very positive, the deal was sealed for me. I'm definitely back with SE after 3 years, not that I left since I'm still using the P1i as my primary phone but I did get a Moto V8 and a Blackberry Bold in between. I feel like the days I got the T610i, K700 and the P910i- those days were special.

I am happy SE have sorted out their problems cause they are my number 1 choice when it comes to mobile phones.

I forsee a good 2011 for SE's bottom line and an even greater 2012.

Happy to be back home
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 17:54
@winnerzero

Well Said
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 17:58
@Dups!
Welcome back

P1i was ultimate at tht time ... Even i loved my P1i
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 18:29

On 2011-02-14 13:44:55, winnerzero wrote:
personally, i'm loving the look of the arc...really can't compare it to anything else out there right now or in the near future as I think it looks that good...not a fan of samsung phones let alone the fact all they do is copy the look of the iphone and put that crappy touchwiz interface on the galaxy, which in all honesty i don't know what it is that people buy that phone for...gotta give them credit for good marketing tho...but after using i900, never samsung again. crappy build and didn't last long.

for all the complainers out there about how are behind and not up to date, i seriously don't think other phones are that much better in anyway...the arc looks smooth as, the reviews say as much...gingerbread is great, have got the latest version plus have promised to upgrade quickly...i have the x10 and it has been nothing but great as long as you don't expect too much from a company that told everyone exactly what to expect with the x10 anyway... plus looking at other forums, ppl have been complaining about crap LG build quality and crappy GPS and lag on samsungs, so each to their own i guess.

I think have done well to differentiate themselves from the rest of the crowd and hope they can make a ton of money with this range so they can keep bringing us new stuff. Used to own an htc and as good as they are, i just wanted something different because it seems to me that every htc being released seems to be just like any other htc. they are all pretty much the same... if i had the finances i would buy both the play and arc but for me, the arc just seems almost the perfect phone for now...who knows, maybe in a year or two dual core phones can really start to shine and be optimised. for me, i don't understand how smartphones can get any smarter...would rather dual cores in things like tablets which is why the xoom is really appealing for me as well.

sorry for the long post, just my 2 cents. Peace guys, if you don't like you don't have to be in this forum.
[ This Message was edited by: winnerzero on 2011-02-14 12:48 ]

You have used Samsung and HTC? can you tell me how X10 actually wins in front of these two companies?
I have had friends who loves X10 even after using HTC/iPhone but no specific reasons! While I know the limitations of X10 but do not know where it actually wins
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
>>SAMEH
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 19:03

You have used Samsung and HTC? can you tell me how X10 actually wins in front of these two companies?
I have had friends who loves X10 even after using HTC/iPhone but no specific reasons! While I know the limitations of X10 but do not know where it actually wins

its not just what "list" of Specs. u have got on ur phone to make it definitely as a winner.. some time the positive feeling that u get & d entertainment experience can change the equation..
C905.. who'll be the next?
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 19:50
strike hard and even if anybody is going to camp for any device, apart from the next Iphone. succeed to impress me these devices are so sweet and flawless, and in spite of being very similar they all have the small diferential stuff that's impressive.
Gok
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 20:12

I have used 5 different brands of phones since early 2001...Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Apple, SE.

Nokia 3310 > SE T68 > SE T616 , Samsung T100 > SE S710 > SE W800 > SE W900 > SE M600 > SE Z610 > SE S500 > SE W910 > SE K850 > SE X1 , HTC Diamond 2 , Apple WhatPhone > SE X10

I think I can skip the Nokia...

T68 was my first SE and was a given to me from my bro. I called him nuts when he bought the T68... spent a lot of $$$... but when I got it... it totally changed my mind.. anyone remember bluetooth battleship? It was a wonderful experience and thats when my SE addition took off.

My first SE I bought with my own money was T616.... It was AWESOME. I really enjoyed that phone.. first phone the was riding on AT&T's GSM 850. I was from T68 bad antenna to the awesome T616.. full bar everywhere.

I got the Samsung T100 as a gift to someone, but came late so I had to buy another one. I ended up with one extra so I started using as a spare.... did really get the feel of the UI.. so went straight back to my T616.

SE S710, W800, W900, M600 were all really great phones and I had a wonderful time and experience with them all.. remember the w900 semi auto flip? good old wasted class time.

SE Z610, S500 was bit of a different story.. dont know why I bought those.. probably for the looks. I am used to the UI from previous phones, but it wasnt what I wanted.. wanted more. I would say those are 5.5/10.

SE w910 redeemed a bit of faith in SE for me... wonderful walkman phone..never got the hang of the shake to fast forward thing. How do you used it again?

SE K850.. bet a lot of peeps here remember this one! I was hooked on the cybershot brand so I bought into the hype... I was pissed with the results.. and feel betrayed when the support quickly ended.

SE X1.. first Xperia... SEXY BEAST.. I remember the first day I had it and it was a excitement I havent had in a awhile. After the first few days... and excitement is gone... SLOW! then came XDA.. it helped but it was still slow.

HTC diamond 2 was actually my bro's. I used it for a bit and it was a lot faster than my X1.. I thought it was pretty good looking and was actually going to buy one..

Apple.. what can I say.. its the IPHONE.. WOOO.... NOT! fast UI, extremely fast coming off of X1.. and that was it. It didnt have phone stuff... cant really say it in words... felt like a mp3 player instead. sold it in 3 weeks.

SE X10.. beauty.. first android.. it was pretty fluid. I was impressed when I got it. From X1 to X10 was wonderful. I knew from beginning that there were better phones out there, but I wanted to give SE another chance. It was either this or a HTC android. I didnt mind getting stuck to 1.6..it was on par of what I had expect from SE after K850.. X1. I dont know.. I had plenty of chances to change phones, but I am still on X10. I keep telling people.. if you dont like it, sell it and get a new one. Phones come out every month.. move along.. and stop BI*CHING.

Since the Z610 days.. most would agree SE has been on a spiral downfall. The glory days of T610/K700 were over. There phones had the POP and it was a one POP and its over as soon as you lay your hands on it. I had bought almost every one of the phones on launch.. and I bought it because of the POP affect... I guess it personal preference... maybe it was the roots set in my mind from the T616,W800,W900. I have always thought SE were the only company that makes phones POP.. now support is a very different story and SE must do a better job on that end. Support and software development must improve for them to get back on their feet.

Most of you would and will call me a fanboy and well.. I am. Whats wrong with that? as long as I dont regret buying them.. and it didnt cost you anything.. then let me be. Cant a guy have hope in a once glory company? I keep buying SE because their products gives me a sense of excitement and makes me want to buy them... even knowing bad support would surely tag along. I know HTC, Samsung, LG, Moto, Apple... all make better specs phones.. but I get this same old same old feeling from those. HTC seem to be stuck on the one housing and specs change but style is always the same. Samsung/LG are on that copy the Iphone mode..and moto... well... moto. Sometimes preference isnt logical, its completely subjective. You like what you like... its a feeling words cant really describe.

just been bothering me all these peeps are bit*hing about BETTER SPECS. If you dont like it.. move along to the next company and dont get upset about it. Its not worth getting upset over it.

Anyway.. Cheers to SE for a good start.. Anyone else excited about the Arc? April is too far away.. you would think our patients have improved from X1 days.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST..
Ricke77
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-02-14 20:27
Well said, Gok! Couldnt agree more! Im very excited about the arc. It totally has everything that I want. Great cam, hdmi out, dlna, big screen and a sexy look! If I wanted a high spec phone I would wait another 6 month. Then we will see what use there is for dual core. I dont think it will be any bigger difference...
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 20:29

On 2011-02-14 00:18:16, koss wrote:
The Arc 8 MP camera with Exmor is shit... horrible picture quality, and wtf.. all models.. NEO, PRO, ARC have the same image sensor.. with same bad quality photos?!. If you compare Aino and Arc pictures.. Aino will be 10class over Arc, Neo, Pro in term of camera picture quality. The question is how true is the afirmation: "Ready for some hard facts? Try 8.1 megapixels. Or maximum aperture of f/2.4 (in short, this means that more light reaches the image sensor). Your Xperia™ arc has the camera muscles you need to get great shots" . In my opinion low light shots are awfull even daylight shots are extremely bad pictures full of noise and artefacts all over the picture.. so what's the point with Exmor R back illuminated senzor.. bla bla if pictures even in daylight conditions looks horrible?? much horryble than AIno or C905..

Even the Lg optimus 2x have much better camera and take much better pictures than XPeria Arc and family(Neo, Pro, Play) so where is that spark who was present in each product?! Much probably that spark had died long time ago.

Shame . I'm a fan but srsly.. true fans see this new xperia family an obsolete family with new clothes only.
Bravia engine... wtf..(we people aren't so stupid) where is OLED screen?? where is Gorrila Glass?, Bluetooth 3, Where is 8MP camera that takes decent pictures not that shitty pictures ARC takes.. Where is a single Droid with xenon not with that painful twinkle led flash..

I am extremly extremly dissapointed..

2008 fail for
2009 fail for
2010 dai for
2011... propably fail for

The proof will be in the pudding, as the saying goes.

Until we see the 2nd quarter results we can't really make these outlandish comments because 99% of the time it isn't the mega phones that gain the most purchase cough c905 cough.
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-02-14 20:29
deluded.... totally deluded people here....
Ricke77
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-02-14 20:37
SE, its like driving a volvo. Once you've bought one you never want to change even if it isnt the fastest car out there!

Edit: I own two volvos... Typically Swedish hillbilly!
[ This Message was edited by: Ricke77 on 2011-02-14 19:40 ]
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-02-14 20:39
Any idea what happened to the x10 mini pro successor?
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151152153 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic