Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 777879 ... 362363364  Next
Author The All New Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2011
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 01:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Folowing eldar words every techies have to forget SE during the MWC ! http://www.mobile-review.com/articles/2011/ces2011-1-en.shtml
I am sorry for you but the arc is a comercial product (like the Iphone), And it also mean no dual core (could SE support the loss of a dualcore phone failure ?)...
But I don't leave the hope to have my 16 mpx camera phone don't care of fullhd on mobile phone since HD is already a bit "abuse" for this kind of device... http://www.slideshare.net/coo[....]006-specs-features-and-photos.
[ This Message was edited by: KU on 2011-01-08 00:30 ]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 02:19

On 2011-01-07 23:02:32, zub wrote:

On 2011-01-07 21:55:29, KU wrote:

On 2011-01-07 21:33:01, zub wrote:
even three months is too long

You are going too far 3 month is everything but too long...

but thats what im trying to say, 3 months from announcement to release may not be so bad, but they are announcing way too late so therefore that 3 months now becomes even too late, if you know what i mean. should've been announced last year.

I'm starting to get really tired of people like you that are never satisfied with anything. Either it's to early or it's to late...
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 02:35
lol when did i say anything from is too early? we're talking about here
wario
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 02:51
for those wondering about dual-core processors, phone arena has a nice little article about its benefits on a phone. link

i'm thinking SE (and HTC too) are holding off on using dual-core phones until the snapdragon platform is ready to go.

they've had a solid relationship with qualcomm and announcing a phone using a competing platform like the tegra 2 would probably damage relations.

dual-core snapdragons probably weren't ready in time for CES.

however, according to engadget, the asus 7" tablet Eee Pad Memo is powered by a dual-core 1.2 ghz snapdragon processor. not sure how accurate this is though since the asus press release doesn't mention anything about that.

since the asus tablet is scheduled for a june release and if engadget's reporting is accurate, dual-core snapdragons should be readily available by the end of Q2.

here's hoping something gets announced for the second half of this year.
[ This Message was edited by: wario on 2011-01-08 01:52 ]
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 04:20
I've been reading this forum for awhile, but today I felt I had to register so I could share my thoughts. I can't believe all the whining going on here. I'm not an SE fanboy, but let's give SE some cred for what they've done now! Some of you have compared with the other big phone announcements at CES, but how about the following:

1) How many of these other new phones from LG, Samsung, HTC etc will SHIP with 2.3 ? As far as I know it's 0. They said they will upgrade to 2.3 later, and we all know how "good" e.g. Samsung is with SW upgrades, right ?

2) How many other phones (except perhaps the Nexus S) was demonstrated with 2.3 ? None. Only Arc had it.

3) I found the following tidbit from Slashgear interesting:
Sony Ericsson has slimmed down their Mediascape and Timescape elements; the former gets an optional media widget on the homescreen, while the latter is now slimmed-down and optional rather than mandatory to use. They’re also been uncoupled from the underlying Android OS, which Sony Ericsson says will allow them to upgrade the platform far quicker than on the X10 and other variants. One of the company’s 2011 priorities is to push out upgrades on a more timely basis.

4) When you compare phones, you can't just talk about HW specs. The way each phone is priced and positioned is important too. If the Arc has an attractive price I think SE will sell a ton of it, due to its good looks and as-of-today good HW specs. Perhaps the Arc isn't intended to fight it out with the Tegra 2 crowd, there will perhaps be another in 2Q or 2H for that. If you look at the ship dates for those others, there's not a whole lot coming in 1Q, I think the LG 2x is the only one.

Just my thoughts.
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-08 04:24
@pmugghc
well said. +1
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 04:37

On 2011-01-08 04:20:09, pmugghc wrote:

4) When you compare phones, you can't just talk about HW specs. The way each phone is priced and positioned is important too. If the Arc has an attractive price I think SE will sell a ton of it, due to its good looks and as-of-today good HW specs. Perhaps the Arc isn't intended to fight it out with the Tegra 2 crowd, there will perhaps be another in 2Q or 2H for that. If you look at the ship dates for those others, there's not a whole lot coming in 1Q, I think the LG 2x is the only one.

Just my thoughts.

i can bet my ass it will be priced just as high as the other premium phones.

Just my two cents.
crossmatched
C901 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-08 05:16
any buzz about a camera centric or a Cybershot-xperia device?

i just thought if the Arc was blessed to have an exmor sensor, then it won't be possible or too long for a proper imaging device from the xperia family to be announced as well.

btw, key Sony techs and/or branding like Bravia, Exmor, Playstation making its way to SE is a great step towards improving the SE image (which imo got bruised for some time)

Nice to be back on the track SE!
www.secondmanonthemoon.blogspot.com
we are all works under progress
Alihosny
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 07:08
i think th 8.1 exmor r sensor in the arc makes it image centric device.
only samples from the camera will show if it can face the n8's great cam.crossing fingers.

it would be great if there is a reduced (in size) version of the phone with the same exmor r sensor like a 3.5" version.make it and i am sold.
[ This Message was edited by: Alihosny on 2011-01-08 06:16 ]
Ricke77
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-08 08:51
@pmugghc:
I totally agree with you. I think the lineup looks great. And I am so glad that they now will be quicker with sw updates. I own a Satio today and that is the only phone from SE that I was really dissapointed with. They fixed the most common bugs and then just forgot that they built it... The only thing good with it is the outstanding camera. But now has made the good decision to not use Symbian anymore so I know we wont see more of any crappy Nokia-dummies!
anders260
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 09:08
Xperia play hands on

http://www.mobile-review.com/fullnews/main/index_eng.shtml#32072
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 09:27
One more thing: Nathan Vautier, MD at Sony Ericsson UK/Irland, has said the following according to Techradar:

We will upgrade the Xperia Arc to Honeycomb,” Vautier confirmed at the launch briefing for the new Gingerbread-powered phone.

As far as I know, NO other manufacturer has stated that for any of their phones (only for tablets). So let's give some credit to SE, it seems to me they have learned some lessons from last year.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 09:30
@pmugghc

Thanks for the input, my thoughts exactly.

There is, and has been, a lot to whine about as far as is concerned but credit has to be given where credit is due, simply because the Arc so far has been very well received and if that's what they have in store for us this year then it's certainly going to be a good year.

It looks like they've learned from some harsh mistakes of 2010, regarding timely updates, so a big pat on the back to them and I hope they will prove their biggest critics wrong.
tyko
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-01-08 09:34

On 2011-01-08 04:37:07, zub wrote:

Just my thoughts.

i can bet my ass it will be priced just as high as the other premium phones.

Just my two cents.

According to a danish site (mobil.nu) some SE people claimed it would be priced around 500-530 euro which is cheaper than the Desire HD at the moment, in sweden anyway
NoTnERb
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-01-08 09:46
oh my god, finally, somebody who can see what SE is doing. and he did it on his first post, not sure that means anything but thank you pmugghc. this means A LOT.

I've been reading this forum for awhile, but today I felt I had to register so I could share my thoughts. I can't believe all the whining going on here. I'm not an SE fanboy, but let's give SE some cred for what they've done now! Some of you have compared with the other big phone announcements at CES, but how about the following:

1) How many of these other new phones from LG, Samsung, HTC etc will SHIP with 2.3 ? As far as I know it's 0. They said they will upgrade to 2.3 later, and we all know how "good" e.g. Samsung is with SW upgrades, right ?

2) How many other phones (except perhaps the Nexus S) was demonstrated with 2.3 ? None. Only Arc had it.

3) I found the following tidbit from Slashgear interesting:
Sony Ericsson has slimmed down their Mediascape and Timescape elements; the former gets an optional media widget on the homescreen, while the latter is now slimmed-down and optional rather than mandatory to use. They’re also been uncoupled from the underlying Android OS, which Sony Ericsson says will allow them to upgrade the platform far quicker than on the X10 and other variants. One of the company’s 2011 priorities is to push out upgrades on a more timely basis.

Just my thoughts.

I don't like all the whining here too but people have the right to post what they want here just as long as it has any connection to rumors. if you don't like what they're posting just skip it. I for one am very happy with the arc. no 1080p? my sister doesn't even know her iphone 4 can do hd videos. 720p will suffice for me, and will it really kill you if you don't have 1080p? i guess your ego will explode if you don't have 1080p, right? no dual core? as long as the average joe sees 1ghz there, they'd be happy. dual core they'd say "wow that's awesome", but believe me they'll forget it after an hour. right now, there is no need for dual core as the current processors can handle the tasks pretty well. I just don't get all the disappointment, you guys must have to get everything, don't you?

the thing that SE is doing here is target the average joes which really comprise the majority of their sales, believe it or not, we techies are only a small part of the sales. they might not have the best software but when an average joe sees the arc, they're jaw will literally drop. I told my sister how thin the arc was and once she saw it next the the iphone she was speechless. granted thats just one person, but majority of the average joes will have the same expression as my sister.

PS I love my sister to death, Im just using her as an example, ok?
[ This Message was edited by: NoTnERb on 2011-01-08 08:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 777879 ... 362363364  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic