Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia reaffirms commitment to Symbian platform

Author Nokia reaffirms commitment to Symbian platform
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 17:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Possibly their interpretation of such data is incorrect ? i find it no surprise that Android's market share has taken a massive shoot upwards. It deserves it for its OS.

But that does not mean Symbian will lose all the ground Android gains. Remember, less dumb phones that are not smartphones are the ones losing ground. The smartphone market is growing therefore theres more room for Apple, Google and others to grab a chunk of it.

Lets face it, its all Apple's fault too down to their theres an app for that policy ! not that its a bad thing, but i just think it makes it look like the guys who've had a chunks for the right reasons in the past are losing ground because they're outdated. When really its the people buying smartphones for app use which is making the market grow as a whole.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-11-17 03:23

On 2010-11-16 17:24:30, etaab wrote:
Possibly their interpretation of such data is incorrect ? i find it no surprise that Android's market share has taken a massive shoot upwards. It deserves it for its OS.

But that does not mean Symbian will lose all the ground Android gains. Remember, less dumb phones that are not smartphones are the ones losing ground. The smartphone market is growing therefore theres more room for Apple, Google and others to grab a chunk of it.

Lets face it, its all Apple's fault too down to their theres an app for that policy ! not that its a bad thing, but i just think it makes it look like the guys who've had a chunks for the right reasons in the past are losing ground because they're outdated. When really its the people buying smartphones for app use which is making the market grow as a whole.

+1

not to mention all the new cell phone users getting phones which have never before owned a phone..... some will choose andoroid, some apple OS and some symbian... [addsig]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-18 22:08
Exactly, the amount of people i see in day to day life who are middle aged carrying around with them iPhones is quite dramatic. Thats the beauty of Apple's interface is that its so simple the usual technophobes can use it. WP7 is ever more simple, so id expect to see middle aged people using those too.

Such people previously you'd have seen carrying Nokia 2610's or some other cheap phone you could buy in Tesco for £10. Like i said, due to Apple's appeal to a much wider audience than just teenagers and smartphone geeks, smartphones are taking over from the usual lesser dumb phone.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi