Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio - 12mp vs 5 mp - This is how they sell phones!

Previous  12
Author Satio - 12mp vs 5 mp - This is how they sell phones!
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-24 23:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, I've been using Satio for this last couple of days and I've changed my mind. I'll keep my E72 and I'll sell my silver Satio. I'll sacrifice some advantages of Satio's camera (mainly xenon and practical lens cover) for E72's overall experience, which is better in my opinion. For good photos I have my K-x!
[ This Message was edited by: zide on 2010-10-24 22:22 ]
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-10-25 00:28
Good decision
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-10-25 20:14
man i was angry at you for posting full sized pictures on this thread... and alot of them. Had to wait eons to load, and i wasn curious about them, i just wanted to read and because they loaded page jumped alot.
:/
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-25 22:04
Yeah man, sorry about that. Now imagehack has this zoom-in thing and that makes it download the full photo first. ;f
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
mrphil_cymru
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-26 14:18
@Zide, I'm afraid your tests are flawed. I can see differences in your first post. I don't dismiss your intention, you clearly feel that the E72 results in a better picture.. probably due to your preference in the white balance.. many people prefer cooler temperatures to the warm balance the Satio has.

As for resolution, the Satio set to 12MP takes pictures with better detail than set in 5MP. You need to compare 12MP photo with 5MP photo.. don't resize.. look at the fine detail in each picture when you zoom down to near pixel resolution.

Your first test (resizing 5MP up to 12MP) clearly shows differences in picture quality, refuting your claim. If you can't see those differences, zoom in. But the real test should be done with 5MP photo against 12MP photo with no resize conversions.

As for white balance, every camera has it's own levels... in Auto mode, camera's from different manufacturers will have different white balance results as they have their own methods of determining the Auto levels. People's preference to a cool or warm level is down to individual perception and I agree, is enough in most cases to switch peoples decision on which camera to buy, even though all camera's have a manual white balance setting... which should ultimately be used, because Auto levels are just a convenient setting for general use and don't always get it right, depending on the conditions.
Not for life... just for christmas
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-10-26 21:17
@mrphil_cymru
It's not just about white balance, when looking at details produced it's also a lot about how much noise reduction is put on the pictures, there's no point in having high resolution 12MP photos if the in-camera processing smears these details.
I agree it should be Satio 12MP vs E72 5MP and in photos taken in sunny conditions... where the cameras perform best.
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi