Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Best Cameraphone running on Android?

Author Best Cameraphone running on Android?
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-22 21:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
OK i'll say one last thing on the subject: i agree, the N97 should have been given more RAM. But, the problem was fixed with a firmware update - more free RAM on boot-up. Sure, not entirely to the point it never occured again, but it was improved dramatically.

I still dont think it would have ruined my experience of the phone though. The last time i had an out of memory error was 2006 with my N93, in which i really had to push the phone to a limit i wouldnt normally reach without doing so deliberately.

Actually come to think of it, it has happened once with my Satio also, but only once in a year of owning it.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
strephon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-09-23 11:42
I have had many phones through the years looking for a good camera and now apps as well hopefully the desire hd does the trick!
On 2010-09-22 20:05:58, etaab wrote:
@ strephon - very brave of you to order a phone and not know how good the camera is, if photos mean as much to you as they do to me !

Ive noticed many people say the Galaxy S has a poor camera, yet i think that might be down to people not knowing how to use the touch focus all that well since the Galaxy S has no shutter key. Anyway, the Galaxy S isnt about the camera (like the Satio is for example) so its not really an issue unless you buy it for the camera.

@ Tsepz_GP - at least SE give us great hardware then fix it ? its not that great if they give it then have to fix it after you've bought it !

Joking aside, i think you've just been unlucky with your Nokia handsets, either that or its the region you live in. Here in the UK Nokia is known for having much more reliable handsets than SE. Ive never had a problem with a Nokia phones hardware or software apart from a couple of minor bugs here and there. Not once would i describe any of them as unusable - and ive owned lots !

You're right about the N97 though, it was released with a poor amount of RAM, but those issues were fixed with a firmware update later in 2009 if you may or may not remember.

[/quote]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-23 15:21
I hope so too. Im getting bored of phones not being perfect. Maybe not perfect, but since my N95 8GB theres not been a single phones released that does everything i want or need like it did.

For example, Android, great as it is, theres no real killer quality cameras in any of the phones it comes with.
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 17:19

On 2010-09-23 15:21:14, etaab wrote:
I hope so too. Im getting bored of phones not being perfect. Maybe not perfect, but since my N95 8GB theres not been a single phones released that does everything i want or need like it did.

For example, Android, great as it is, theres no real killer quality cameras in any of the phones it comes with.

I too loved my N95..... but why have you not yet looked at the N86? It does everything (for me) which my N95 did... and although widely debated, i still believe it is the best camera phone of all I have ever owned (C905a, aino, droid X, Incredible and Facinate included).. unless you are seeking android (which in all honesty is not a big deal to me) IMO, nokia/carl zeiss are yet to beat.

from my koi pond... with my favorite 3 phones.

Galaxy S (facinate) v2.1

C905a vCE6.5

N86 v30.009

.... All three phones were set to thier default/auto mode with flash forced.... and held at the same distance from the subject... the rest was up to the phone

The following images were all taken using either night or slow shutter mode....

GalaxyS

C905a

N86

Notice how tight and controlled the street lamps are on the nokia.... the Sony although slightly better than the Samsung still has a tad of a star effect where as the Galaxy S is SO POOR it has no business even having a night shot mode
[ This Message was edited by: mlife on 2010-09-24 16:55 ]
[addsig]
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 18:06
I'd say this one wins the prize...

14 megapixels with 3x optical zoom, HD video recording and a tidy xenon flash.

I WANT!!!
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2010-09-24 17:06 ]
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 19:12
I DONT!!!

@ mlife - couldnt agree more, whats the big deal about Android !?

As for the N86, yeah it was an upgrade in some ways over my old N95 8gb, but also a downgrade. The screen is smaller and holds less icons and lines of text. Besides, after my N95 i wanted to go touchscreen !
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 20:37

On 2010-09-24 18:06:28, adsada wrote:

I WANT!!!

Lets see some samples... 14mp don't mean squat if the sensor is blocked with cheap lexan...

[addsig]
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 20:41

On 2010-09-24 19:12:38, etaab wrote:
I DONT!!!

@ mlife - couldnt agree more, whats the big deal about Android !?

As for the N86, yeah it was an upgrade in some ways over my old N95 8gb, but also a downgrade. The screen is smaller and holds less icons and lines of text. Besides, after my N95 i wanted to go touchscreen !

I see your point but I never really miss the extra icons or ever-so-slightly smaller screen... and as far as touchscreen, I'm sure Im the only person on the planet, but Id rather have some buttons to push!

having said that, I know tons of people beat sony up for it but I like the limited functionality touch on the aino... IMO its the perfect union of buttons and touch.... give me a phone in that design with android, ps3 remote play and a 12mp carl zeiss cam w/ xenon flash and IM SOLD! haha [addsig]
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-09-26 11:59

On 2010-09-24 20:37:02, mlife wrote:

On 2010-09-24 18:06:28, adsada wrote:

I WANT!!!

Lets see some samples... 14mp don't mean squat if the sensor is blocked with cheap lexan...

Don't have any to hand, although I presume they'll be good considering it's made by Altek which normally focuses on cameras. It has a 1/2.3-inch CCD which is pretty good.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-26 17:16
Thats why i always wanted the N97, i wanted a touchscreen with a qwerty keyboard. Sadly the phone passed me by.

I love the new Nokia E7, but sadly it lacks the camera that the N8 has which is important to me.
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-10-01 09:05
Well the best camera phone running Android will have to be X10. The Moto XT720 maybe 8 MP but it is no comparison to the X10, you can check pictures taken with both the phones and see the difference. XT720 has only an average camera. Nothing spectacular.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi