Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC unveils Htc Desire Hd and Htc Desire Z with New Htc Sense and htcsense.com

Author HTC unveils Htc Desire Hd and Htc Desire Z with New Htc Sense and htcsense.com
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-15 12:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well more mega pixels does not always mean better pics. I think its either a software or focus problem hopefully it will be fixed but not bothered cos everything else on the HD is superb. Pics and video look great on the massive screen anyway. Just not on pc screen
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-11-15 16:29
Always assumed the higher the pix
The better the quality on phones.

My EX Tocca Ultra II
Took some amazing shots with 8MPs

Odd bought this HD..
If ur happy with it thats the main thing.

I think its about the display on those high cost hTCs
Anyway and a lil elegance added to it.
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-15 19:46
It just does so so much as a device the camera is an after thought. It's good for fun snaps but the phone there is so much to do on it you could never be bored

Another pic taken with the HD. See it looks clear mid to right but left is blurred & this was also in 5 megs rather than 8.
So far this is how I see the Desire HD. Very fast responsive with stunningly beautiful screen. Great build quality except stupid battery door on the side it looks rather odd. Very reliable so far no crashes or bugs except camera with the rather blurry left side of the photos although good HD video with decent audio,poor back speaker it's too quiet although the vibrate is so so strong I always get alerted. It sounds louder when playing music than when it rings. Have not played music through headphones yet though. Great signal even on T Mobile indoors too with clear call quality. Battery life I got a day out of fairly heavy usage so not too bad just what I expected. Screen is good in sunlight not the best but usable but also better in normal daylight. So many features on this phone I still have to find everything you can never get bored. The only performance issue I seen so far is for some reason looking through 50 or so texts in a conversation is jerks a little but nothing major. Also it's the first Android phone that does not delay or lag when entering into manage applications which is good. It is definately a phone to keep & as I am in a contract for sometime I shall be sticking to it. Best Android device out there. Go get one if ya can EDIT:Music quality is clear but lack of bass in supplied headphones
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-15 21:07 ]
Phone?? What phone??
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-15 23:00
I made a video preview of the Desire Z today (my first actually, so please tell me what you think )

In general it's a really nice phone, better than the Desire HD imo. Great build, kinda nice cam, great UI, good performance. Only the keyboard doesn't give that much feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCsEbD8WvKk
[ This Message was edited by: domipost on 2010-11-15 22:00 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-15 23:09
I heard a review saying the Z had bad hinge although may have been just their model. Nice video although there is a strange crackling sound
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-15 22:12 ]
Phone?? What phone??
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-15 23:26
Thanks

Yeah, I know. It is not in the original file, so I think youtube has troubles with converting the codec or something. Real pity

As for the hinge, i heard it from more people, in shops too, so I think it's common. Not realy a problem though
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-15 23:56
Yeah as long as it stays on I am loving my Desire HD think it's worth keeping
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 02:13

On 2010-11-13 12:32:00, Bonovox wrote:
Nice deal too and Carphone do an option at nine months you can return the handset a

they pay off the contract and you get a new deal. Nice. Its a gorgeous device I very nearly did not bother. Who said I would be sick of it by nine months

you prob be sick of in 3-4months lol
good deal though not the line rental charge the 9mth thingy
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 13:13
Unsure if its a software issue but even with strong signal the HD keeps dropping wi fi signal. It hardly seems to want to connect at all but I am sure it will be fixed soon. @MissUK the Carphonewarehouse thing is called Swap It
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-16 18:35 ]
Phone?? What phone??
volvoman
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-17 00:29
Got my DHD yesterday, and have to say so far I am very impressed. Already have two Desires and a Wildfire, so was already well familiar with sense and htc.
Love the extra features of sense, and the extra apps included. The drop down notification now has links to recently used apps, which is very useful. Not tried the camera much yet, but the effects feature is good, as is the new on screen layout for taking pics.

Screen is gorgeous, love the new locations feature, and the htc hub for downloading new skins wallpapers, ringtones, notifications and scenes. The new way to view skins and scenes is flash.

All in all a great device. Will still be using one of my Desires as my second handset, so best of both worlds really.

Would like to have a play with the Z just to see what it is like, but not keen on the hinge opening on its own.
C702i x 2, T650i, K850i, W850i, K810i, K800i, tomtom GO 910, Brodit proclips.

mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-11-17 00:37
Try the camera on yours and see if it ahs the same issue
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-17 00:53
Yeah more than likely will though cos GSM Arena said it had the issue too. Does anyone know how to update firmware on HTC devices as I have not done this yet??
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-11-17 01:09
it should come up with new update available when you run the update in the settings like Nokia
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-17 01:32
Hmm for some reason the only bug I found is wi fi keeps dropping out and it says there is an update for my phone just a small one but over the network it won't download and as I said wi fi drops out
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-11-17 02:05
download it via 3G then?

I did it on mine and didn't take long...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi