Previous  123 ... 515253
Author Satio vs Nokia N8
Vit
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-27 19:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-11-27 08:48:04, AbuBasim wrote:
You don't want to admit that stereo speakers on a mobile phone is just a PR gimmick.

I agree with you that the stereo effect is pure gimmickry, AbuBasim.

Nevertheless, I´ve had a 5800 XM and its speaker system is pretty powerful. You can perfectly leave it playing your music in the bathroom while taking a shower, for instance.

Perhaps the discussion should be about having two speakers instead of one, not about the stereo effect itself. I guess that anyone would agree that stereo sound would never be greatly appreciated with two speakers located so closely to each other.
Every Picture Tells a Story
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-27 19:22

On 2010-11-27 19:14:13, Vit wrote:
Perhaps the discussion should be about having two speakers instead of one, not about the stereo effect itself. I guess that anyone would agree that stereo sound would never be greatly appreciated with two speakers located so closely to each other.

That's exactly what I said in my last post

On 2010-11-27 13:25:03, AbuBasim wrote:
The phone with the best sound quality from its built-in speakers I've used until now is the E90. Amazingly good sound. And although it does have stereo speakers I don't attribute the sound quality to the dual speakers giving stereo sound but simply the fact that two speakers move more air than a single speaker.

So there may be truth in stereo speakers sounding better but you sure don't experience stereo sound unless you're very close to the speakers so that each ear receives sound separately from each speaker. Like with the E90; I had to hold it against my face to hear real stereo.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-28 21:44
You are aware that stereo sound is simply not two speakers playing the same music / sounds ?

It does not matter how far apart they are IMO.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-29 06:56
For a human to hear the difference between mono and stereo the sound from each speaker needs to reach the ears separately - i.e. left channel to left ear and right channel to right ear

It should be easy to confirm in a blind-test whether or not it is possible to hear the difference between mono and stereo from a mobile phone with stereo speakers. Play the same song - once in stereo and once down-mixed to mono through the same phone speakers. Then ask which was in stereo and which in mono.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-11-29 20:43
I have many times, by downloading mp3 files using an app called Audials on my N95 8gb.

Take it one step further, my old Sony PSP had stereo speakers also (now sold it). Even though its speakers were not all that powerful the audio was pretty crystal for its size.

Stereo speakers on mobile phones arent gimmicks ! they're necessary IMO !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 515253
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic