Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > First impressions of Samsung Wave & Bada OS

Author First impressions of Samsung Wave & Bada OS
v3endetta
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 16:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What you find *Shallow*, others might find user friendly mate. =) I have used symbian almost all my life and know the menu-submenu system that it follows, what you miss is that the same menu sub-menu path gets a lot of criticism that Symbian receives as a touch driven OS, not to mention the inexplicable lag and frequent crashes/freezes that it gets for an OS that is considered to be the most *mature*. And what was the download that gave you that option btw ?

And from where does the styling Indicate that it is more for the ladies ? Metal means *for ladies* ?
[ This Message was edited by: v3endetta on 2010-09-24 15:46 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-09-24 18:58
How is it that by going into a menu such as connectivity, to find you only have one option user friendly ?

I call the vast options of Symbian more user friendly. For example, when i connect to the internet on my phone, i have it set to always ask which connection id like to use, wifi, 3G or another source.

On the Bada equiped Wave theres no such option. You're forced to use 3G, which is expensive unless you have a decent data plan. How do you use wifi ? i cant even figure it out other than how to turn it on or off ! not very user friendly at all

Steve Litchfield described the Wave perfectly when he said its someones "my first smartphone". In other words, its like the kiddy version of a true smartphone.

Regarding the styling, a diamond shaped camera glass and menu button ? the fact that half the apps for it on Samsung Apps are for calculating when your period is due ? umm, hello !!

Oh and not to mention the way the default font in all menu's and text boxes is a groovy girly type. My girlfriends model also came preloaded with pictures of baby animals and flowers !

Lastly, i dont get any frequent freezes or crashes with my Satio at all. Stable ? totally !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 09:11
just got my Samsung Wave yesterday....
Devices: Sony Ericsson k770i and Samsung Wave S8500
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 10:31
Congrats, its a very nice phone. I prefer it to the Wave 2 which is due later in the year.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 17:40
I came close to getting a Wave but I get bored of Samsung fast.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 17:44
It seems you get bored of most phones fast. Everytime i log in Esato you've changed phones - nearly !

The Wave is great, perfect smartphone for someone whos never owned a smartphone before. Its like an introduction to the smartphone world.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-05 20:47
you're not wrong there I do change phones alot but sometimes it's been problems & somtimes it's I don't like them. But I would not go as far as saying I change everytime you log on This iphone is a keeper by the way & you can mark these words. Longest I ever kept a mobile is nearly 12 months but when I do really like something I do stick with it & I love this iphone
Phone?? What phone??
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-06 08:14
ive noticed that if the battery is very low, we cant use the music player, video player, internet and other applications on Bada
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-06 12:09
I think what annoys me the most about the Wave is the battery. Now my girlfriend only really uses it for calls and texts. She only texts moderately and makes about 4 to 5 ten minute calls per day. Every single day her battery dies and i find charging it via my car charger when shes with me often very necessary. To say the Wave has a 1500mAh battery which is 50% bigger in capacity than my Satio's my phone lasts much longer with more use. Strange to say the least. I assume the super amoled screen of the Wave is a battery muncher.
JohnM
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
PM
Posted: 2010-10-06 14:45
My wife gets 2 days easily from her wave with moderate use. I have reflashed it a couple of times, and it is now running BADA1.2, which is alot faster in operation than 1.0.2, and definitely seems more battery friendly. Also get Samsungs version of SWYPE on it too, which is pretty good.
Trusted trader.
JohnM
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
PM
Posted: 2010-10-06 14:48

On 2010-10-06 08:14:12, pao9195 wrote:
ive noticed that if the battery is very low, we cant use the music player, video player, internet and other applications on Bada

Not a BADA thing, my Galaxy S does the same. More a Samsung thing I'd say.
Trusted trader.
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-06 16:01
Me too also my battery last for 1 day only moderate use, running the default firmware of Wave.

I think it can be fixed by firmware upgrade.

@ john m:
Thanks for the info, i will try also that new firmware,hope that battery issue will be fixed.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-10-07 19:56
I assume this 1.2 update can be done via Samsung Kies to the current Wave without hacking or modding in any way ? Id like to update her Wave if possible.
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-08 07:16

On 2010-10-07 19:56:31, etaab wrote:
I assume this 1.2 update can be done via Samsung Kies to the current Wave without hacking or modding in any way ? Id like to update her Wave if possible.

yeah you're right, Bada 1.2 is also available for Wave and it can be upgraded via Samsung kies
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-08 16:46
Some LG models also do that thing where you cannot use certain functions when battery is low. It's time at least Samsung changed this & I allso noticed that the screen goes darker when battery is low. Samsung Kies software is terrible
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic