Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > X10 A success for Sony Ericsson

Previous  12
Author X10 A success for Sony Ericsson
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 12:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Doesn't the fact that the x10 has done well even with so called crappy software indicate that it's the overall user experience that counts?

Of course having the latest iteration of google's OS is always a bonus, but it's not absolutely essential to ensure a particular device's success.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 18:59
SE desperately needed a successful device and they got it. Now they have no excuse but to bring out a 'complete' successor that competes on all levels.

Unfortunately the UX will be scaled down due to Gingerbread being 'standardized' across all manufacturers by Google.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 19:11
Im also pleased to be back with SE.This phone rocks.And hopefully the boys at XDA will cook us up a FROYO update one day soon so if SE do take an age to release it,it wont matter.But the X10 as it is,isnt bad at all.Love it.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 19:32
Gingerbread shall have the option to scale down to default if needed by the user.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 20:49
I guess developing a MeeGo high-end smartphone would be a nice solution to Google's standardization of Android Interface. MeeGo can be equally good as the Android or even better. Plus, it is like "hitting two birds with one stone" because as we all know MeeGo and Symbian^4 UI's are both based on QT 4.6.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2010-07-17 19:58 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-18 06:04

On 2010-07-17 19:11:07, Hobbs wrote:
Im also pleased to be back with SE.This phone rocks.

Haha! I felt the same way when I got the Satio recently. And I'd only been gone from SE for 4 weeks. After ditching my C905 for a Samsung i8910, it took a couple of weeks to realise the camera was so slow as to be useless in some situations and frustrating at the best of times. The photos themselves were good when you had time to set up a shot or take your time, but as a point and shoot it's too slow and clumsy. 2 week after that I got the Satio and breathed a sigh of relief!

Not only the sterling camera in satio (X10 camera is also very good) but Sony Ericsson UI ergonomics just flow more sensibly than any other manufacturer in my view. This is SE's true strength - their handsets aren't always the apex of current technology (though never very far off), but they are a pleasure to use and interact with. This is something that's carried over from Ericsson. It's a quality I remember from my old Ericsson T-28s. SE's subtle tweek of s60 UI has made a huge difference to the user experience of the Satio.

In the case of the X10 they have done the same thing with Android. It's packed with style and efficiency.

Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2010-07-18 07:45
Last night was great, in terms of drinking and smartphones.

So I was hanging around with my friends at the bar and one of my friend had iPhone 3GS, other one had HTC Desire and one more guy who had joined us later had Nexus One. Ofcourse I was with X10 and to be really hoenst my X10 was loved by all the three guys even after it has Android 1.6 and no multi touch. It was a good feeling cause I thought Nexus One users would definitely be proud of having the best Android phone in the market but I was wrong. That guy was so impressed with X10 cause of Timescape and Medicascape and apart of that 4" screen size etc. When I used Nexus One as I was very excited to see that phone, I was pretty impressed with 2.1 speed but I never felt am really missing out anything big. Definitely the speed is just amazing on 2.1, it's more vibrant and the display looks very sharp too. Not because am X10 user but genunily I didn't enjoy the phone at the end of the day. Took Desire in my hands and I felt exactly the same like Nexus One. At the end I was so convinced that leaving out EVO 4G, Droid X I think I had the best smartphone in the market right now! Cause to be honest Android 2.1 may have some more features for sure, but it's still the same. It felt like X10 was very much in the game when compared to these three devices, oh wait I forgot to talk about iPhone 3GS. I liked the iPhone 3GS. It was fast, like it was quick for sure. I don't know why I felt iPhone 3GS fast out of X10, Nexus One and Desire. Basically I felt it was faster than Android phones. Not that Android phones are slow but it was a different feeling all together when you slide on iPhone compared to Android phones. But still again, I would choose X10 because the user expirence is simply amazing and am very well convinced with that.

Good job
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-20 04:15
Yes, that's what you pay your money for with SE phones - the user experience.

Their ergonomics are second to none imho.
Pochi
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-26 11:30

On 2010-07-18 07:45:25, Indiandawg wrote:
Last night was great, in terms of drinking and smartphones.

So I was hanging around with my friends at the bar and one of my friend had iPhone 3GS, other one had HTC Desire and one more guy who had joined us later had Nexus One. Ofcourse I was with X10 and to be really hoenst my X10 was loved by all the three guys even after it has Android 1.6 and no multi touch. It was a good feeling cause I thought Nexus One users would definitely be proud of having the best Android phone in the market but I was wrong. That guy was so impressed with X10 cause of Timescape and Medicascape and apart of that 4" screen size etc. When I used Nexus One as I was very excited to see that phone, I was pretty impressed with 2.1 speed but I never felt am really missing out anything big. Definitely the speed is just amazing on 2.1, it's more vibrant and the display looks very sharp too. Not because am X10 user but genunily I didn't enjoy the phone at the end of the day. Took Desire in my hands and I felt exactly the same like Nexus One. At the end I was so convinced that leaving out EVO 4G, Droid X I think I had the best smartphone in the market right now! Cause to be honest Android 2.1 may have some more features for sure, but it's still the same. It felt like X10 was very much in the game when compared to these three devices, oh wait I forgot to talk about iPhone 3GS. I liked the iPhone 3GS. It was fast, like it was quick for sure. I don't know why I felt iPhone 3GS fast out of X10, Nexus One and Desire. Basically I felt it was faster than Android phones. Not that Android phones are slow but it was a different feeling all together when you slide on iPhone compared to Android phones. But still again, I would choose X10 because the user expirence is simply amazing and am very well convinced with that.

Good job

You convinced me to buy the phone to replace my HTC Legend, as well as what the other members said about the X10i.
Visit My Blog At: http://www.ffxivlife.com/
Pochi
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-29 02:03
If implements the UI of 2.1 really well (7 home screens, 16m colors, taking full advantage of the hardware in terms of gpu and cpu, more widgets, live wallpapers and the list goes on...) it's going to be almost the perfect smartphone.

Hopefully they'll read my message and work their asses off.
Visit My Blog At: http://www.ffxivlife.com/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi