Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Why the iPhone is the best cam phone on the market

Author Why the iPhone is the best cam phone on the market
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-10-22 17:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
then there´s the fact no other phone has such amazing photography dedicated apps at its disposal...camera+ is an example...instagram is other...
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
fairen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-16 00:57

On 2010-10-21 21:52:01, Bonovox wrote:
This pic I took recently(I no longer have iphone4 for various reasons)What this pic shows is not what my eyes could see. Totally over the top colours & as you know iphone 4 has no settings so it was auto. It's almost an oil painting
Original
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-10-21 20:54 ]

Wow this photo is divine! I am speechless....
shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2010-11-17 09:35

On 2010-09-27 15:39:41, kay188 wrote:
The iPhone fail, sorry, I mean 4, is a 5MP camera phone... while the current standard for camera phones are 8MP, and slowly becoming 10MP, and 12MP.

...Remember.. leading market is 12MP now.. where as the iPhone fail, is STILL a 5MP camera.

Megapixels are not the be all and end all of quality, in fact more megapixels on such small sensors are often detrimental to image quality. For example, the Panasonic LX-3 is regarded as one of the highest quality compact cameras available. It 'only' has a 10 megapixel sensor.

In fact many DSLRs are hovering around the 12–14 megapixel mark because image quality tends to drop beyond that point (for the moment at least). Let's remember than their sensor sizes are far bigger than that of a camera phone.

The quality that comes from Sharp phones such as the SH-01A that started it all, is beyond anything the iPhone fail can ever capture.
Those phones have CCD sensors which are superior to CMOS in digital cameras.

CMOS sensors are pretty much standard across DSLRs and at this point are the sensor technology of the future, displacing the use of CCD sensors. The statement that CCD is outright better than CMOS is patently false.

I think the point of the original poster was that the iPhone 4 is the best camera phone on the market because it is perfect for its intended use. All that most point and shoot consumers users generally do these days is take photos and upload them to Facebook. Done. In most cases the iPhone 4 takes consistently bright, sharp, and 'appealing' photos which suit the purpose of those users perfectly, and once resized down to 720x540px, the end result is pretty much indistinguishable from a compact anyway.

When you think about this in the context of the iPhone 4 with its array of apps and easy to use philosophy, it makes editing and sharing the photos easy, and ultimately for the average consumer the iPhone 4 is the best 'camera phone' on the market.

Note the difference between the best 'camera phone' and the best 'camera on a phone'.
[ This Message was edited by: shaliron on 2010-11-17 08:38 ]
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-17 16:48
Well spoken The megapix race has misled consumers to believe the more mpix the better quality The iPhone 4 has a great camera both when it comes to picture quality and how easy it is to use
dizzybee
Apple iPhone 4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-27 23:16
I completely agree with the first post. No faffing around with USB cables and all that shit, just straight onto facebook. And when I want to show people I just whip it out and find the pic. The fact I can easily store the photos from my laptop on there as well is also pretty handy.

As for the facebook integration, blackberry is better. You simply press the blackberry button (or whatever its called) and one of the options is to upload it to facebook. Much quicker and would like to see that on my iphone.

The cam on the iphone isn't the best, but then no phone is gona be as good as a camera really.
gamerdude
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-12-30 16:02
Damn, can't see the pics in the first post any more.

I personally think the pictures on the iPhone 4 aren't great, I find it really hard not to take a blurry one.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-30 16:11
Check these dude http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=196896
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi