Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson Announces Yendo - Official Discussion

Author Sony Ericsson Announces Yendo - Official Discussion
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-16 14:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My mistake. In secommunity's video they compared it with X8, but I though it was X10 mini. However, they could have added bigger one ( 2.8" ) and decrease the empty space over and under the screen. And it far too thick to be confortable for everyday use.
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-16 14:55
Hope it will be an affordible phone, or it is another dead born from SE. I mean what the hell.. 2MP camera and full touch? was it hard to add 3.2 with AF? and what is whit these X10 copycats? nothing new from SE.. since the Satio they only release refurbished phones (from Satio evolved the Vivaz, and vivaz pro - same thing, minor changes), and from X10 now X10 mini, mini pro, X8, X100, X1000 and this. We need something fresh. And why will this phone be a walkman?? Whats so special about it?
Also you guys remember the good old days when SE announced that only the best phones will gain Cyber-Shot and Walkman names.. Nothing special about this weak phone. IMO max price 100euro. Really no use to pay more for a phone like this, when you can get something way better for a little more $.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-06-16 15:53
I think you are missing the point here. This phone is targeted at the younger consumers who would like the idea of a full touch walkman in a small package. Look at its price and you will realize this is a money making exercise, if it gets more adult interest then good for SE but I see kids taken in by this phone.

As sor the Walkman/Cybershot philosophy in SE phones, I think you'll find that the market has changed and moved on that the branding doesn't carry much weight anymore hence the do-it-all phones. Actually, it is SE themselves that killed the above mentioned sub-brands by not innovating on them. They kept on sticking with the same idea in different packages when other manufacturers caught on with them and then surpassed them.

I have a feeling SE will give us a high end walkman phone in the near future.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-16 16:19

On 2010-06-16 15:53:31, Dups! wrote:
I think you are missing the point here. This phone is targeted at the younger consumers who would like the idea of a full touch walkman in a small package. Look at its price and you will realize this is a money making exercise, if it gets more adult interest then good for SE but I see kids taken in by this phone.

How many young people want a WM phone though? The brand is dead, it died after the W910, the only feature is the TS that is keeping this phone afloat.
VLADISLAUS
C510 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-16 16:22
Is yendo = X10 mini?
"i guess destiny is not the path given to us..
but the path we choose for ourselves.."
-megamind-
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-06-16 17:30
@Mediar these phones are thicker cos they are shorter
Phone?? What phone??
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-16 17:37
Well i wouldnt buy this phone. To give even such an ammount of $ JUST for music is silly. W910 was a very good phone, the design was also nice. If the camra was = to w800 than it would have been a killer.
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-16 18:25

On 2010-06-16 11:27:09, titus1 wrote:
But why resistive(?) screen

Price, surely?

I'm not so keen, all these phones looking the same, X10 mini and X8, where's the new 4" screen, big phones with Android (and not the X10)??
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-16 19:02

On 2010-06-16 15:53:31, Dups! wrote:

I have a feeling SE will give us a high end walkman phone in the near future.

Ditto. 1-2Ghz ARM CPU, lots of memory, AMOLED or an equivalent high def screen & Android 2.1x or higher from the get go. That's the SE phone I'm waiting for.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-16 20:16
im not waiting for walkman as it is dead already. That only a marketing gimmick. Im waiting to see how SE takes it in his ass from N8. I dont think they will come up with something good soon. And when they do, it will be late again (as SE is always.. Satio should have been 1 year earlier that in suppose to be a hit). Not to mention the terrible support for symbian from SE. So no more symbian from SE. in fact no more SE phone for me. Let's see if N8 delivers what is is supposed to deliver. Satio failed bigtime.
As for this, i am not waiting for another walkman, but another high end phone from SE, just to see what is the best they can come up with (because this Satio was expensive back then, and i expected to get alot for that $ - yet i was scammed).
I wouldnt pay extra money just to have a walkman with touchscreen. when you can have the W715 or the small and sexy W302. both are cheap.
My concept was to save money and get a better phone than buy a cheap phone with no features. (why spend for ex. 100$ on crap wen you can spend 200$ for high tech - just an example).
OFF: about SE and design... I was looking at my satio, and figured how cool and amazing would have it been if the 2 sides (where the lock is and the camera buttons) would have a blue glowing ring (just like the camera button when you open it, it glows electric blue round it - exactly like that, exactly the same form, but scaled to the whole side). when you recieve call or SMS.
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-17 03:25
Only crap phones being launched by SE... They try and try but this company is so immature...
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2010-06-17 03:56

On 2010-06-16 20:16:06, norbi_nw wrote:
(why spend for ex. 100$ on crap wen you can spend 200$ for high tech - just an example).

When you have 100$, but don't have 200$ ?
These phones are for young people, alot of 12 or 14 year-olds are not so interested in high-tech, but they all want touchscreen phones.
Why do you think, Samsungs cheap touch phones and LG's Cookie sold in masses ? Not because they were high-tech, which they weren't, but because they were cheap. From the large brands, only these two had touch phones under 200$ and both did very well last year.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2010-06-17 04:28
Is it just me or in the hands-on video, does this new OS look/operate almost exactly like android on the X10 mini?
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-17 07:22
@Dups! and Marly Agreed!

@norbi_nw if you want a high-end phone, then now is the time to quit on looking phones as they produces crap smartphones such as the s*** Satio and yes, are so immature when it comes to high-end phones. But you know what, produces better low-end phones than other companies. I love my crap G502 than any Nokia S40 based phones!

Just this May, Samsung announces Champ C3300K. It only has 2.4'' touchscreen, 1.3MP camera, 3.5mm audio jack, miniUSB port. I guess Yendo is 's response to Champ.

BTW, it won't be a waste of money for me since I'm in a market segment that needs this toy, the youngsters. We, who like Nokia, Samsung, and LG more than ! It's not a waste unless it's a Sagem.

I wonder what Yendo's player looked like.
"Tell me what you have and I'll tell you who you are."
K700>G502>N82>GT-S5360>U20i>Innos D9
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-17 07:27
@Dups! and Marly Agreed!

@norbi_nw if you want a high-end phone, then now is the time to quit on looking phones as they produces crap smartphones such as the s*** Satio and yes, are so immature when it comes to high-end phones. But you know what, produces better low-end phones than other companies. I love my crap G502 than any Nokia S40 based phones!

Just this May, Samsung announces Champ C3300K. It only has 2.4'' touchscreen, 1.3MP camera, 3.5mm audio jack, miniUSB port. I guess Yendo is 's response to Champ.

BTW, it won't be a waste of money for me since I'm in a market segment that needs this toy, the youngsters. We, who like Nokia, Samsung, and LG more than ! It's not a waste unless it's a Sagem.

I wonder what Yendo's player looked like.
"Tell me what you have and I'll tell you who you are."
K700>G502>N82>GT-S5360>U20i>Innos D9
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi