Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple Presents iPhone 4

Previous  123 ... 495051 ... 697071  Next
Author Apple Presents iPhone 4
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 20:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'd take the Galaxy S. No surprise there i here everyone comment !

@ AbuBasim - no not quite, i dont like to offend people in such a way. However, for people to buy the iPhone on its brand name only, which im sure the largest majority of iPhone 4 owners are, they're clearly the simpletons of which i speak. They're the type of people you wouldnt find on this internet forum, they're the kind of people who only want the iPhone 4 because it goes well with their handbag / suit / lifestyle.

Not for the actual technology behind the product.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 21:02
Why is it more challenging to make the white one? I don't understand it's just a colour?
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 22:11
There have been many apps that bring you BBC news, but today the BBC have released their own app (iTunes link) and its very good! possibly even better than the Sky News app
frank2345babies
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-07-23 22:24
Hi all just got my ip4 today. And enjoying it so far but just want to know if anyone else is having issues with their camera led. Mine doesn't seem to work for still when I put it to on it stays off. It works fine on video camera though and as soon as I slide it back to normal camera it just cuts off. I have installed the updated software and set up as a new phone but still have same issues any suggestions?
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-07-24 00:08
Good find re bbc app masseur

Gonna try it now...

Cheers
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-24 04:27

On 2010-07-23 20:21:34, etaab wrote:
I'd take the Galaxy S. No surprise there i here everyone comment !

@ AbuBasim - no not quite, i dont like to offend people in such a way. However, for people to buy the iPhone on its brand name only, which im sure the largest majority of iPhone 4 owners are, they're clearly the simpletons of which i speak. They're the type of people you wouldnt find on this internet forum, they're the kind of people who only want the iPhone 4 because it goes well with their handbag / suit / lifestyle.

Not for the actual technology behind the product.

Totally agree. But I cannot blame those "simpletons". The fault goes to Apple as they've been branding their products for those in the "uppercase" or "hip" or "in the IN crowd" for decades now. Look back 5yrs ago and see ALL MacBook ads/commercials had some hot skinny tween using on with what obviously - just without the branding - Starbucks coffee. Soon after Free WiFi partnership int eh US at Starbuck coffee shops.

iPhone is still mostly marketed as a "phone" not so much a smartphone. Thus its meant to also be fashionable ... accesorable coordinate Yup that is the Apple ecosystem of aftermarket.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-24 05:34
@etaab,

Please don't feel I'm singling you out by only quoting you. Actually I'm enamoured because your posts struck an accord with me.

On 2010-07-22 15:38:00, etaab wrote:
Its nothing to do with me buying one or not, ive already said i like the phone, my beef is with Apple and their blame anyone else but themself attitude.

Now, if Apple had mentioned no names then they wouldnt have lost as much credibility, but then to mention specific phone models from other manufacturers they've lost their credibility. To then carry on with their stupidity and blame other models over consecutive days and then to make things worse, in regards to my custom, blame a device such as the N97 mini with the same issue, they're insulting their potential customers. Like me.

What if someone who intends to buy an iPhone 4 reading the issues with Apple read what Apple have said about Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and HTC phones ? what if that person (like me) owned one of those models and had no such problem ? Apple are attempting to force their opinion onto the consumer that other phones are affected with the same problem theirs is.

Apple is STILL a niche player in the computing space and even the phone/smartphone space. Their biggest sales are STILL in the USA until this past quarter where 54% of revenue & sales have come outside of North America (Canada/USA is their biggest sales, Mexico is VERY slim). That said EVERYBODY touted Microsoft as being the big guy and NEVER has Microsoft/Gates back pedalled or swallowed the "I_Screwed_UP" or "WE-Muffed-UP" pill. I'll bet ya you and just about everybody was super impressed or surprised (positively) after finding out the metal band is the antenna, at least initially. We're experienced so after the first minute of the "reality-distortion-field" common-sense kicks in and says WTF?! WHY? There is a serious reason NO OTHER MANUFACTURER has done this! SE came close with the Z520; that loop behind the open flip - yet I've never had reception/drop call issues with the z520a I owned (using 2 networks).

Now you lost me when you mentioned Nokia. NOKIA blames the MARKET ... their entire target market segment - which is EVERYBODY that buys phones - as the reason for lost profits, revenue, and dwindling marketshare. Their JUST AS IGNORANT! 1) Hiring mostly Finlandians for handset engineering and commanding top designs: i'm talking ALL N, E-series and just about every S60 device every launched: 5650 exception (Mexican/South American was head of product design - for final design). Also their pricing was completely off for mid/high-tier devices and horrible chipset choice decisions for high-end products (high sales/target market). Their insistence to stay with old hardware in chipsets, focus ONLY on LOW-Profit, LOW-Growth market segment is the issue.

On 2010-07-22 15:38:00, etaab wrote:
If it were me, which it was regarding the N97 mini, i would realise Apple are talking complete rubbish. Its nonesense. They're making things up to fool me into getting my custom. Do they think im stupid ?

Clearly Apple think their customers are.

Clearly Apple are wrong.

Clearly, Apple have no idea.

Clearly, Apple should now recall all handsets and replace them.

Clearly, Apple should make this their final iPhone.

No ? or maybe Apple should put in their advertisements "the Apple iPhone, the stupid man's choice"

Sorry guys but Apple have just wound me up !

Its not nonsense. EVERY PHONE will loose signal strength in poor conditions: more than 7miles from a tower, no cluster of towers in that range, in heavily steel girded buildings or heavily laid concrete buildings or basements. THAT is fact. Apple's examples are NONSENSE!! Apple's excuses are NON-SENSE and this I actually expected from them, a company with NO experience making up their own radio antenna design and no business doing so without hiring the proper experienced engineers or staff and the CEO actually LISTENING to THEM not what his gut tells him about marketing a device to sell it. The Apple board seriously needs to limit is stupid decision making process when engineers have a sound reason above his own for denying their final input when it affects products or production or the bottom line. Mr. Ford, the late incredible financial CIO that died had serious issues with Jobs not reporting his illness' to the public & feared it would hurt the company. This is a CIO that Steve Job's himself asked, neh BEGGED to join Apple's board back in 2000.

Comparing the N97/97 mini to an iphone other than call quality or battery life is moot - but it fits here.

PS: How would Apple or ANY OTHER phone manufacturer in ANY WAY try to demonstrate signal strength attenuation being an industry hurdle WITHOUT mentioning specific products or specific products by manufacturers' it competes against?! You, Apple, Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, etc simply cannot. Oddly enough you'll note that the last to enter the argument that Apple is talking shite was Samsung and they did so cautiously ... not simply saying its outright nonsense, but in the circumstances and example that Apple has video demonstrated was.

PS: I love Apple's OSX, intellectual properties and their computing lineup - even though the hardware product cycles are too long making them always 1/2 steps behind (the OS being supported and improving performance with less code and newer software that runs VERY well makes up for that); but did anyone notice that with 2 of the competing products that shows signal strength attenuation has some dude (blurred) with a blue shirt walking in the background?! Hmm. I'll have to watch all again but I think I'm right.

This is Apple's WORST attempt at marketing SPIN or marketing blunder coverup ever since LEMONS.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-07-24 18:36
Heh i agree with you on all points except id make a few minor statements.

Firstly, i wasnt surprised or impressed by Apples new antenna when it was first announced. My initial reaction was yawn how boring, how about adding proper Bluetooth implementation and supporting all profiles - i didnt really care a hoot about their styling of the antenna.

Secondly, when i said Apple are talking nonesense, i meant in the respect you mean also.

Third, i know all phones lose signal depending on many factors, but Apple made silly videos to prove their point. Thing is, i could lay my Satio down and video it for 10 minutes, in that time i would see the reception bar go from full coverage to lesser coverage several times without needing to wrap my hand around it. Videos prove nothing Apple.

Finally, how should Apple demonstrate the same problem on other manufacturers handsets without mentioning specific models ? they shouldnt, they should just deal with their mistake and not involve other people or products in any specific way. By doing so, they look like the company equivelant of saying my-dad-is-bigger-than-your-dad.

Its unprofessional. Ive worked in retail management for 15 years now and if i were to slag off a specific competitor to my customers, i would lose credibility and look stupid instead of dealing with the problem internally.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-07-24 21:12
But if antennas were put at the top of handsets then when held it would not happen
Phone?? What phone??
Domecot
Apple Iphone 5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-25 13:27
I think FCC doesn't allow for antennas to be on top of the headset because of the radiation or something.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-07-25 15:29
But the X10 Mini has it's antenna at the top. If you take the back cover off you can actually see it
Phone?? What phone??
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-07-25 15:37
My ancient i-mobile 902 also has the internal antenna on top.

Think a few years back, the golden days when all mobile phones had external antennas. Did you even see any models which didn't have it on top?
Domecot
Apple Iphone 5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-25 15:39
I dunno guys. I think I read something like that
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-07-26 07:43
Despite my order acceptance email suggesting I would not get my free bumper until end of August-ish, I've now recived an email saying its already been despatched! So Apple aren't hanging around.

Expect to see a black bumper for sale in the market forums soon (actually, I expect to see many bumpers for sale soon!)
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-07-27 00:44
I remember steve jobs calling the iPhone 4 antenna "brilliant engineering." Turn your slim iPhone 4 into a chunky 3GS by strapping a band of rubber around it! For such a huge price you must be crazy to buy this phone...
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 495051 ... 697071  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic