Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > "Must-Have" apps that work on X10 mini / X10 mini pro Thread

Previous  123 45 ... 101112  Next
Author "Must-Have" apps that work on X10 mini / X10 mini pro Thread
Darkbidule
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-17 19:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-06-17 16:54:55, raiderkilo wrote:
I use better keyboard with handcent sms without any problem vertical and horizontal

I don't like to install too applications on my phone and that's why I find it's stupid to haven't the choice from the beginning. I knew that with handcent you can have landscape mode with the keyboard of your choice, BUT after reading your answer, I decided to test it, just to see, and ... Really THANKS cause it's a very good application and now for me it's a "must have"
raiderkilo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-06-17 22:14

On 2010-06-17 19:14:42, Darkbidule wrote:

I use better keyboard with handcent sms without any problem vertical and horizontal

I don't like to install too applications on my phone and that's why I find it's stupid to haven't the choice from the beginning. I knew that with handcent you can have landscape mode with the keyboard of your choice, BUT after reading your answer, I decided to test it, just to see, and ... Really THANKS cause it's a very good application and now for me it's a "must have"

But possibility install app. on phone is best achievement of android
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-17 23:37

and doess anyone know which 3d games word on mini ????

one more, why can't i use bluetooth file transfer send files to my laptop

but can use it send to another phone
[ This Message was edited by: mochuothp on 2010-06-17 17:38 ]

[/quote]

I use the Raging Thunder 2 with great luck. Install Bluetooth File Transfer to send files to your laptop or other phones
Hopefully this function will be come in future fw updates
Darkbidule
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-18 09:41

On 2010-06-17 22:14:56, raiderkilo wrote:

On 2010-06-17 19:14:42, Darkbidule wrote:

I don't like to install too much applications on my phone and that's why I find it's stupid to haven't the choice from the beginning. I knew that with handcent you can have landscape mode with the keyboard of your choice, BUT after reading your answer, I decided to test it, just to see, and ... Really THANKS cause it's a very good application and now for me it's a "must have"

But possibility install app. on phone is best achievement of android

Of course !
I've forgot a word in my answer. I just mean that, I prefer install some app which bring me new functions and not just an improvement of what exist. I prefer to have only 4 or 5 apps, that I'm gonna use regularly instead of a lot of them that I'll use just once by month. But in this case, this app give me a real plus, so I keep it, even if for me it's just an improvement.
curtnis
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-19 14:13
Does anyone know where i can get this bluetooth file transfer app as iv searched on the market but didn't come up with anything , or are there any good alternatives for sending photo's and music and also recieving file too for the x10 mini (with bluetooth), thanks in advance.

And also how do i save picture messages sent to me lol.
[ This Message was edited by: curtnis on 2010-06-19 13:56 ]
Phoner
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-19 20:31

On 2010-06-19 14:13:14, curtnis wrote:
Does anyone know where i can get this bluetooth file transfer app as iv searched on the market but didn't come up with anything

You can also get it here as an apk file http://www.medieval.it/blueftp-android/menu-id-68.html and install it by using Astro file manager
curtnis
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 20:22

On 2010-06-19 20:31:44, Phoner wrote:

On 2010-06-19 14:13:14, curtnis wrote:
Does anyone know where i can get this bluetooth file transfer app as iv searched on the market but didn't come up with anything

You can also get it here as an apk file http://www.medieval.it/blueftp-android/menu-id-68.html and install it by using Astro file manager

Great thanks
epdm
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-06-20 21:10

On 2010-06-07 11:06:25, volvoman wrote:
Opera mini works perfect, have on mine now and does everything fine. Also have Experia flashlight which works just the same as the x10, also fancy widget which works well, sms popup does not work very well, the popup appears when you receive a message, but if you tap reply it wants to create a new message rather than reply to sender. Most apps seem to work that also work on the X10.

Am I right to assume that this is an app to use the X10 LED as torchlamp?

Does it also work on other, non SE, Android-phones?

Thanks

Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-20 22:02

Am I right to assume that this is an app to use the X10 LED as torchlamp?

Does it also work on other, non SE, Android-phones?

Thanks

Yes, you are right that there is a app to use the X10 LED as torch
M66B
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-06-22 10:07
More working apps:

MSN Droid
    NetTraffic
    Currency
    TimeZone
    First-Aid Assist
    HELiOS
    moveo

Games:

Mahjong
    Jewels
    Bubble Burst

[ This Message was edited by: M66B on 2010-06-22 14:31 ]
parthabhatta
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-06-26 15:40
A few days ago I accompanied my friend when he went to buy a cellphone (Some other brand). There I accidentally saw the Mini and absolutely fell inlove with this cutie and could not resist myself in buying this just five days ago although I have a Nokia 5800 and Acer DX900 (Dual SIM Winmo) both absolutely in first class condition.
This is quite an interesting handset with optimum software and hardware comby in the price range for an android phone. The screen size though small for a android smartphone appears to be the optimum which could be fitted in such a small form factor and is quite sufficient for satisfactory phone usage purpose and moderate surfing too. Mobile phones are not replacement for digicams - but the 5MP camera produces acceptable pics not only inbright daylight but also in well-lit indoors. Video I have not tested. The sound quality is acceptable though I would have loved to find stereo external speakers. The small mono speaker have clear sound and sound from ear plugs are good (a bit boomy) too. The user interface is very good and the phone performs quite smoothly.
I have instaled a few apps which helps in value adding the device - some of which are as under.
1) Import Contact (link here : http://www.waxworlds.org/edam/software/android/import-contacts ) which I found the easiest method for transferring contacts from any phone without syncing to Google etc.
2) Easytether lite : The free software for tethering which works very good. In fact I am posting this message from my laptop tethering my x10 mini with Easytether lite.
3) aContacts : The best all-in-one contact managing app which can save one corner (in Home screen) for me as it has got everything like dialler, logs, contact, favourite contact, t9 contact search, smsing, contact adding etc). So replacing the HS contact corner with acontacts releases my CallLog corner which can be put to some alternate use.
4)Fora Dict reader with Fora Offline English Dict package which can be installed on SD card.
5) Smart Keyboard : There are many more kb apps already discussed earlier and he usage depends on personal tastes and I am presently using this one which is good.
6) Sprite Backup : Not used in Android platform. But from my winmobile experience I can say that this should be excellent in android too.
7) Others already discussed such as : Advanced task Killer, Android System Info, Opera Mini, Dolphin Browser BT File Transfer, Astro File Manager, App Launcher, K9 Mail (Very good app acting as multiple email client), Tunewiki player, Zimly (Audio & Video together) player,Google Sky (Innovativeapp for seeing night sky), Beam PDF reader, Documnet Viewer etc.

By the way two days back when I connected my phone to PC companion, it offered me an update which was more than 100mb. But after the update I did not find any material change in my phone excepting a mildly bettter UI response ( May be my mindset!). Did anybody update the phone with this firmware and have got idea what the changes are?

Lastly I am using a 16gb card (14gb filled up) without any hassles.

This is my opinion about the phone based on five days' usage.

PS : One more thing. Those who have used S60 or Window phones have seen that opening Message gives access to both message and emails from the same main window. But here in Mini I find email separate from message. If there is any app which can combines both message and email together it would have been better for me as I use one HS corner for message and another for k9 Mail. Any suggestion form anyone ?

Thanks
Partha
[ This Message was edited by: parthabhatta on 2010-06-26 14:50 ]
chamanx
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-27 12:54
Hello guys,

Maybe this question has already been answered, but i cannot find it... How do i configure my X10 mini to set handcent sms or any other sms app so that i don't receive sms in both?

By the way, i cannot find how to change the sms ringtone either...

simmy44
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-27 13:22
To change the ringtone you go to settings but for some reason don't select "sound & display" instead select the top option "Sony Ericsson" then ""messaging" then you can choose one of the default options or go to your music library.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-06-28 20:30
I just came across a VUVUZELA App
Phone?? What phone??
izorix
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-04 14:06

Can anyone solve this? So my x10 mini is from HK and it won't let me add any other languages/locale other than Chinese... I need it to do T9 or better yet, let me use Smart Keyboard.... I installed it but I can't use it either.

gahhh... stupid Chinese.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic