Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > Just got an HTC Desire

Previous  12
Author Just got an HTC Desire
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-06-11 11:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've warmed up to the desire now and do quite ilke it. Infact if it wasn't for the iphone this would probably now be my phone of choice. I guess though, that if its wasn't for the iphone in some part, this may not have been the device that it is.

anywhichway, I'm still looking for answers to a couple of things.
1. How to sync with itunes for music, video and podcasts.
2. Although it came unlocked from O2, it does have an O2 startup screen so how to debrand.

I'll be taking time to research these at the w/e
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-06-11 13:35

On 2010-06-11 11:15:03, masseur wrote:
I've warmed up to the desire now and do quite ilke it. Infact if it wasn't for the iphone this would probably now be my phone of choice. I guess though, that if its wasn't for the iphone in some part, this may not have been the device that it is.

anywhichway, I'm still looking for answers to a couple of things.
1. How to sync with itunes for music, video and podcasts.
2. Although it came unlocked from O2, it does have an O2 startup screen so how to debrand.

I'll be taking time to research these at the w/e

Hi Masseur, have a look at Double Twist player and its associated desktop companion....i believe its free at present : http://apps.doubletwist.com/doubleTwist/-395703074765864636 for your itunes synchronisation.

As for debranding, i think you will need to use the goldcard method as described here : http://android.modaco.com/con[....]nericifying-your-t-mo-handset/

Hope this helps

Regards

Craig
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-06-11 17:56
thanks for those links. I'll check there first!
James1000
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-11 23:04
I find it is quite hard to see the screen outside. I usually need to find some shade. Well, I'm in Scotland so it won't be sunny all the time!

sigea
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-08-07 14:11
Been using my P1i and to be honest am completely satisfied with it, however the legend is the first phone that seems to have caught my fancy after a long time.

Have read a few reviews on the net and have heard about a problem with noticeably inferior signal strength on this phone . (http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/htc-legend.htm - reviews).

Anyone else experiencing this problem, and has it been solved by any recent patches/ updates.

Cheers

Sigea
silmer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 11:24
Hi. I'm about to buy a new phone. My choice is between an HTC Desire, and a secondhand 3GS(same price). Should the fact that I use a Mac at home, influence my choice?
LeeG
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-01-13 12:38
I have used Android and iOS and to be honest there is good and bad in both, some of the Google apps on Android are just brilliant and the HTC phone builds are great to, but I also listen to lots of music and the iOS is by far better than anything else for music.

I am never completely happy with my phone and don’t think i ever will, as one new phone comes out another trumps it, but that’s tech and that’s why i am hooked !!!

I'm using iPhone 4 for now.......
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi