Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia X10 - Feature Request and Wishlists

Previous  12
Author Xperia X10 - Feature Request and Wishlists
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-28 10:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Whoa! Calm down. Nothing gets deleted.

It's just that the custom Phonebook app SE has included with the X10 only displays a limited set of fields. The data isn't removed from your Gmail contacts, it's simply not displayed. Most of the essential data is there, however a few fields are missing and don't seem to be offered, and those include the website and birth date fields... both of which would be helpful to see.

I'm sure 3rd party phonebook apps probably do include these fields (at least some of them I'd think), but they'd be beneficial to have in the X10's native phonebook.

Ok, that's a relief... but still.. there's no way to view the data? Or does the X10 simply not sync data it can't display? Meaning, if I send the X10 phonebook to a new computer... will the invisible data still be there and sent to the new device/computer?
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-29 04:48

On 2010-04-27 05:50:47, se_dude wrote:
@senninha- you have skip tracks on the x10 too.

cool! thanks! it seems you have to hold the rockers down longer than on other SE phones to skip/rewind tracks. better than nothing tho.
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-29 04:52

On 2010-04-28 10:29:36, jplacson wrote:

Whoa! Calm down. Nothing gets deleted.

It's just that the custom Phonebook app SE has included with the X10 only displays a limited set of fields. The data isn't removed from your Gmail contacts, it's simply not displayed. Most of the essential data is there, however a few fields are missing and don't seem to be offered, and those include the website and birth date fields... both of which would be helpful to see.

I'm sure 3rd party phonebook apps probably do include these fields (at least some of them I'd think), but they'd be beneficial to have in the X10's native phonebook.

Ok, that's a relief... but still.. there's no way to view the data? Or does the X10 simply not sync data it can't display? Meaning, if I send the X10 phonebook to a new computer... will the invisible data still be there and sent to the new device/computer?

actually, the strange thing is that the data is there. the phone just doesn't display it. if you try to edit a contact, select Edit Dates from the succeeding pop-up and you will see that the birthday info has been synced.

why it isn't being displayed i'm guessing is more an android issue because i can't imagine that SE would actually disable that. i'm sure it sure be sorted out in the future tho.
kits
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-04-29 10:35

On 2010-04-26 15:36:44, goldenface wrote:
I thought I'd create this thread for our feature wish-list and for things we would like to be done a bit differently on our X10.

1. Smart Dialing
2. Add new music track to current listening queue
3. Create Playlists
4. While linking Facebook/Twitter tile to contacts there is no option to search for contact but have to scroll the entire contacts list. Need a search option here.
5. Any optimization that can be done to make battery life better (eg. not autostart programs that are not used)
6. Mediascape option to autostart showing selected view option (I want to always get to Albums for example when I launch MediaScape).
7. TimeScape tiles should have option to pick contact picture from contacts instead of from facebook profile or Twitter.
8. Auto option to turn on photo light in low light conditions.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-04-30 12:54
@kits

There are a lot of ones I favour in your list too.

On top of those I really miss the 'Phone Status' feature that shows information when you press one of the volume buttons from standby. This was a useful feature on A2 phones (showing battery status etc).
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-04-30 19:43
@kits- Why scroll the whole thing when you can just click on any alphabet and the search directly shifts to the contcts beginning with the alphabet.
kits
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-04-30 22:23

On 2010-04-30 19:43:03, se_dude wrote:
@kits- Why scroll the whole thing when you can just click on any alphabet and the search directly shifts to the contcts beginning with the alphabet.

unfortunately, it doesn't have that option either on this screen of contacts. X10 seems to have two ways to display contacts list. One that is good is the one we see in most places like dialers. Also, it's very weird that we can't bring up contacts list from Gmail app, Messaging, and Email clients. This gets very frustrating when you have to send message to multiple users as you need to type letters so contacts pop-up matching those letters. I am not sure if this is Android 1.6 issue or X10. Hope all these little things that could be a pain to many get taken care in next update.
[ This Message was edited by: kits on 2010-04-30 21:24 ]
arcticreaver
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-05 11:48
they need to make timescape like gravity on symbian phones. really easy to use with all the functions of both Twitter and Facebook.
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-05 18:43
http://www.gsmarena.com/xperi[....]android_21_in_q4-news-1634.php
is a lifestyle!
seminole81
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-12 13:52
I wouldn't mind something like the shake to refresh that the iPhone uses on their Facebook app. Something like that but all the time in most apps would be really cool.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 14:20
When you go to a person's contact information and scroll across to the messaging you see a much better looking messaging history which shows contact pictures

Why can't we have this in the normal messaging app?
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-18 15:09

On 2010-05-18 14:20:09, goldenface wrote:
When you go to a person's contact information and scroll across to the messaging you see a much better looking messaging history which shows contact pictures

Why can't we have this in the normal messaging app?

Handcent is a really nice and have alot of custom settings, don't know if you can have thumbs on every post thou, but you can conf it like iphone with bubbles or SE style, but with more options, beats the standard sms/mms in my opinion

an app i cant live without =)
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-05-18 15:36
Cheers, I'll check it out.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi