Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > How To Fix The Battery Life On The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Author How To Fix The Battery Life On The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
ahmedalishah
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-07 18:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My issue might have been resolved. I installed "Task Panel" and Killed Moxier Mail, Voice Dialer, Play Now, Face Recognition, VZnet along with downloaded apps that I used once but they continue to play in back ground. Also turn facebook update to 3 every hours.

Its been an hour and a half and only 3% of battery has been drained.

Also make sure to tap "Kill All background apps" before turning off the phone.

Enjoy!
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-05-07 20:54
Nice to hear the battery update is only a few weeks away. Once this gets 2.1 it will be even better although 2.2 is meant to be coming out later this year, should SE just skip 2.1 and go straight to that?
ahmedalishah
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-07 21:46
If the fix comes in few weeks its a great news.

Update on my task panel: 15 mins to 4 hrs and only 7% battery has been consumed without much usage.

ahmedalishah
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 15:25
About 20 hrs into Task Panel controlled battery usage and only 35% battery consumed. I am guessing the phone will make it through even tomorrow. & with electric charger the phone charges pretty rapidly
seminole81
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-11 23:18
Well, like all the others on here I too have had the frustrated issues with the battery consumption (full charge lasting maybe 6 hours?) I had everything enabled though (WiFi, GPS, etc. etc. etc.) updates every 15minutes or whatever the fastest one was. I am new to Android OS and eventually got TaskPanel. Last night I disabled GPS, put all updates on at least 1 hour if not 3 hours, and killed off all tasks with 50% battery and went to bed around 12a. Got up at 9a and had 10% battery remaining. Since then I put it on the charger kept the GPS off and let her charge all the way up via the socket. I then took my phone off charge probably took maybe 3 hours to fully charge? I took it off charger probably around 12p and had minimal useage all day. I have played with a few apps such as the camera, Facebook, checked texts and e-mails when they came through. The current time is 10:15p and I have 50% battery life remaining! I believe something is messed up with the radio waves and GPS for the batteries to be faulting. Anyways, there's my results. Give it a try and maybe it'll help you out.

Cheers.

EDIT: P.s I have only had my phone since May 5th and been through maybe 3-5 recharge cycles in that time period (from the initial drain of 70% battery or whatever came on it). Hopefully my battery will gain more juice with more battery cycles.
[ This Message was edited by: seminole81 on 2010-05-11 22:20 ]
ahmedalishah
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-13 10:44

On 2010-05-11 23:18:38, seminole81 wrote:
Well, like all the others on here I too have had the frustrated issues with the battery consumption (full charge lasting maybe 6 hours?) I had everything enabled though (WiFi, GPS, etc. etc. etc.) updates every 15minutes or whatever the fastest one was. I am new to Android OS and eventually got TaskPanel. Last night I disabled GPS, put all updates on at least 1 hour if not 3 hours, and killed off all tasks with 50% battery and went to bed around 12a. Got up at 9a and had 10% battery remaining. Since then I put it on the charger kept the GPS off and let her charge all the way up via the socket. I then took my phone off charge probably took maybe 3 hours to fully charge? I took it off charger probably around 12p and had minimal useage all day. I have played with a few apps such as the camera, Facebook, checked texts and e-mails when they came through. The current time is 10:15p and I have 50% battery life remaining! I believe something is messed up with the radio waves and GPS for the batteries to be faulting. Anyways, there's my results. Give it a try and maybe it'll help you out.

Cheers.

EDIT: P.s I have only had my phone since May 5th and been through maybe 3-5 recharge cycles in that time period (from the initial drain of 70% battery or whatever came on it). Hopefully my battery will gain more juice with more battery cycles.
[ This Message was edited by: seminole81 on 2010-05-11 22:20 ]

Try putting Moxier Mail in permanent killer list of task panel. You'll get even better result.
xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-13 11:29

On 2010-04-25 14:46:46, Kenyo wrote:
What I found did work, and does work consistently is that after a charge, immediately reboot your phone.
My battery time went up roughly 1.8-2X and many people has experienced the same thing.
Try and see if it works for you

^ Protip.
After scotsboyuk told me about that, I tried it. My X10i lost about 3-4% per hour, I charged it to 100%, left it on the charger until 10pm, rebooted it and went to bed. Next morning, 11 hours later, it was still at 98%.
Esato's Expert Of The Year MMIX
seminole81
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-13 11:32
@ahmedalishah

I did do that. Cheers

@xell

Do you restart it before you take it off the charger or after?
[ This Message was edited by: seminole81 on 2010-05-13 11:18 ]
Phantasm4489
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-14 16:21
i find regular reboots helps. In my experience with the battery monitoring tools its like something kicks in and starts zapping your battery and if you reboot it returns to a slow reduction over time. Havent managed to figure out what it is that causes it to start falling more quickly. I've monitored the tasks that are started and the cpu usage all to no avail. also nothing out of the norm ever shows up on the battery monitor.
seminole81
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-14 18:04
Well, I did a reboot after a full charge around 9am yesterday, left GPS off, killed all tasks every time I turn phone back to standby, (with Moxier Mail blah blah blah on auto kill). It's currently 5:04p and I have 62% battery remaining.
xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-14 21:05

On 2010-05-13 11:32:23, seminole81 wrote:
@xell
Do you restart it before you take it off the charger or after?

After. But that doesn't matter much, it will turn itself on when you leave it on charge and you also can take it off then.
Esato's Expert Of The Year MMIX
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi