Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > iPhone OS 4 available now!

Author iPhone OS 4 available now!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 00:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
looks like there maybe an issue connecting to wifi. I can't conect to my home wifi at all and google is starting to show this as a possible issue.

Might have to forget 4.0 beta 1 and revert to 3.1.3
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 01:24
I actually noticed a difference in the last update for my iPod touch,
when I connected to Wi-Fi the weekend OMG it was so fast at browsing Safari,
blows GPRS/3G away

I love all those Apps you can get but having the phone and iPod as one device ispointless,
I bet it needs recharged up everyday if your using it as a phone or listening toit on atrain or something!

i'll see what others say about the update before I go and decide by it

it will prob bug me into getting it though when i plug it in to iTunes
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
sepehr_sz
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 02:33
ok so wait are they going to introduce a new iphone or not? cause ive been waiting? i really want one

and plus how can i create apps? what softwares do i need? i know how to code and things just dont know what software to use :S any help?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 02:44
yes, most certainly a new iphone will be introduced at wwdc in Junish(ish) as usual.

to create apps you need an intel based mac, preferably with snow leopard, and simple create a developer account at Apple and download the SDK which is free and has all that you need. Also, its worth going into iTunes U and downloading the Stanford University iphone developers course videos which give a good start to iphone app development
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 11:10
multitasking works well as a feature but its clear that apps will need to be coded to make best use of it. At the moment when you switch to a runnnig 3rd patry app it generally goes through its startup actions rather than continuing where it was. The built in apps work as expected.

The folders are a nice addition and have reduced the number of pages of apps I have considerably!

There's a 5x digital zoom in the camera now, although I used another app for that before.

When connected to power, you still get the huge battery displayed in the lock screen but when running on battery, it has gone, probably so you can see more of your selected wallpaper

when you go back into settings it now takes you back to the actual settings page you were last on, rather than the initial settings page

the unified inbox works well though I haven't yet found out how to view as conversations... maybe thats not in there yet...
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 11:40
It's looking good - I'm a little bit dissapointed that not all the multitasking features will be available on my 3G, purely because I intend to sell it in the summer to fund my upgrade to the new one, and the lack of multitasking etc is bound to hit the resale price against the 3GS, but I suppose that was always going to happen - things age, tech moves on etc, and when the 4G hits the scene mine will be two generations behind. Hopefully it'll still make some reasonable money on ebay.

Either way it's a nice upgrade even for the old 3G - I like the idea of more than one Exchange account (which will mean push Googlemail/calendar etc as well as work email), folders will be great, and there's obviously a lot of potential in the new SDK for bigger and better apps - multitasking or not.
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 12:14
you can watch the video of yesterdays event at Apple on this website: http://www.apple.com/iphone/preview-iphone-os/

I am really looking forward to multitasking. I really don't care what people say about the iphone now finally getting multitasking. It will be worth the wait for multitasking without a drain on the battery or making other applications lag.

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 12:24
hmm... I just discovered that folders can only have 12 apps in them, so if you have more than 12 games (for example) then you'll need Games1, Games2 etc folders
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-04-09 15:18
ok, got my wifi working at home again.
seems that something has changed as I previously had no trouble connecting to my N router with it set at 300mbps but now I've had to change that setting to 56mbps. Even then, when the network was found and I was prompted for the password it wouldn't "join" the network. I ended up having to select "other" in the network choices and manually enter the SSID and password and then all is well again.

Lets hope they sort that before release!
Wonder if thats a similar issue the iPad is reportedly having?

edit: btw, is anyone else running the beta yet? any other experiences?
[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2010-04-09 14:24 ]
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 07:32
I really wanted to test the OS 4.0 beta but you have to be on the developer's program (100dol) ((. Could anyone with a very good heart and a developer account do the favor of adding my iphone to their program account? ::D:A developer can add tons of iphones and I'd not only be forever in debt but I can also try and help by testing apps, code, giving ideas and etc. )))
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2010-04-10 09:15
I don't know why but am starting to hate Steve Jobs specially after iPad. For some reason I believe, Windows Mobile 7 is gonna be huge!
Lets see..
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
sepehr_sz
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-04-13 19:49

On 2010-04-09 02:44:57, masseur wrote:
yes, most certainly a new iphone will be introduced at wwdc in Junish(ish) as usual.

to create apps you need an intel based mac, preferably with snow leopard, and simple create a developer account at Apple and download the SDK which is free and has all that you need. Also, its worth going into iTunes U and downloading the Stanford University iphone developers course videos which give a good start to iphone app development

hey i just checked my mackbook and my processor is 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo is that good for making apps for the iphone?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-04-13 19:54
thats plenty, but these days the SDK download requires that you are running Snow Leopard version 10.6.2 or later
sepehr_sz
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-04-13 21:02

On 2010-04-13 19:54:33, masseur wrote:
thats plenty, but these days the SDK download requires that you are running Snow Leopard version 10.6.2 or later

yep i have snow leopard as well i bought it with my macbook =) thank you for all the help =)
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 06:42
anyone?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic