Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > new satio update released (R2AK006)

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 45 ... 525354  Next
Author new satio update released (R2AK006)
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 00:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-02-26 17:59:50, dipb wrote:

On 2010-02-25 22:47:15, Rookwise wrote:
It will probably be a few weeks yet seeing as the Satio has been pulled from sale again in the UK due to software issues again.

Where did you find this news ? I wonder how come a new software problem come up when there has been no releases !!!
Or are you referring to an old news ??

On 2010-02-26 17:21:00, Rookwise wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-26 14:57:14, se_dude wrote:

Any sources to believe that the satio has been pulled again?

Look on the homepage of se-nse. Its mentioned there along with pricing for the X10 at Carphone Warehouse.

http://forums.se-nse.net/topi[....]-being-pulled-from-sale-again/

Satio

The word on the street is that Satio is about to be pulled from sale in the UK again by Carphone Warehouse, Britain’s largest mobile retailer. The handset is apparently still on sale at the moment, but according to my sources not for long. The reason? Software issues (again). Orange will apparently start to offer half price contracts on their Satio units to try and shift what stock they have left. If this proves to be correct then it would be the second time that Satio has been taken off UK shelves and it might very well be the last …

X10 & Vivaz

The X10 has appeared on Carphone Warehouse’s internal system, although no stock exists for it and no prices have been setup yet. This usually means that the handset in question is around a month away, which would fit in with a late March/early April release. Coming sooner, apparently, is Vivaz, which has also appeared on Carphone Warehouse’s system. However, in the case of Vivaz pricing has been setup with the handset free on £25/month 2 year contracts. Given that pricing exists Vivaz could appear in stores as early as next week although a time-scale of 2 or 3 weeks is more likely.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 00:36
Seriously how come ppl complaints about the Satio mine running perfectly! wait only one complaint from me is when i use handfree feature the speaker is on the low side but listening to music it was loud.. i just dont know why! other than than that my Satio is perfect:)
i even manage to squeeze three maps on running on my handshet but i dont like ovi map it sucks bad! Garmin is the best then Sygic
Drew
[ This Message was edited by: DrewVL on 2010-02-26 23:37 ]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 05:31
keep in mind satio has NOT yet been pulled again from sales. until it has been dropped, its all just specualtion really!
(if it was made official in the last couple days then i may have missed it )
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 10:21
According to Scotsboy the inside source is apparently a Carphone Warehouse employee.

I'm not putting the Satio down at all. I have 2 Satio's and they're both great phones which I'll never see me part with for some time. Neither do I have any complaints about the Satio. The only thing I've mentioned is the phone rebooting occasionally. This is normal for Symbian AFAIK and I was used to it with the old UIQ Symbian phones as it was a known thing then.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 11:13
@rookwise
wasnt directed to only... but i understand what you mean and im sure there are some who dont have issues with their Satio.

Before some jump the gun and start bashing /satio, id thought id just make sure people are aware it hasn't officially been dropped as yet by CPW.

Yes an employee may have stated its on the cards, but before theres some official statement from CPW, then its all, again, speculation.
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2010-02-27 10:18 ]
sblantipodi
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-28 16:10
so there is now update on SEUS yet after 5 days from the first post, so why you started this topic?
Download FPC Bench a good benchmark/system info for your phone.
Download Pocket Inclinometer for your phone's accelerometer.
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-28 16:22
On 2010-02-26 17:50:45, basithz wrote:

after updating did you get any new features as you say its quicker even thought it says you have already got the latest firmware update

No, no new functions, but I'm not sure if the feature in the accelerometer sensor settings contained an option for turning off the ringer signal by shaking the phone was there before.

The battery life has also improved a bit, I think.
[ This Message was edited by: altemyr on 2010-02-28 20:33 ]
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-28 17:39
@sblantipodi

there is still no update available for it should be next week.
also if you read the first post you would have of understood why this post was made
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-03 21:53
great news sony ericsson have finished developing the satio's new firmware it could be out anytime nextweek

Dear basith,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

We can confirm that the next update is currently do for release which means this could be released at any time over the next week. Unfortunately we do not have an exact date for this or what features will be added at this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Aimee Watson
Sony Ericsson UK Customer Services
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-03 23:03
...why they always say that dont know what features will be added? ... not to mention that some supports centers say one thing and others say another... I bet there are people working there that even know what a update is much less give information about that. Nontheless hope that this time they re wright
pintycar
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-03 23:22
Dear Julian,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

We're sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing. We can confirm that a new release of software for the Sony Ericsson Satio is due for release any time within the next week. Unfortunately we do not have an exact date as of yet, however we would recommend regularly checking with the update service application for the next release.

We are hoping this update will resolve the issues you are currently experiencing with the handset. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Aimee Watson
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-03 23:34
Hope they fix the media bugs, and can't receive calls bugs, have to restart the phone to do it..
but how ever, I gonna change it to Aino tomorrow... but I won't miss it
---------------------
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-04 02:23
Cool i want to see what's in the update

SilverR. give your phone to me i dont mind to have another of the Satio

Thanks in advance
Drew
leila912
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-03-04 18:16
Today I got this message from the se-uk get

Dear Michaela,

We are sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with your Sony Ericsson Satio handset.

Unfortunately we donot have information on future developments, we are expecting the software update to be available for Sony Ericsson Satio handset in next couple of weeks but we can't guarantee a definite date.

Please keep visiting our website www.sonyericsson.com for more information on our products and services.

Kind Regards,

Javed Mohamed
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2010-03-04 20:23
Guys, it's a good idea to keep sending all those Emails in a try to show some pressure and express the customers' disappointment at that buggy OS and the late updates from SE!

But at the same time, one can't ask for details such as determining a specific release date and details regarding the update's content! Such info if given are to be considered as leaked information and the person giving such info would be penalized and fired!

So, lets be a little be patient and understanding here..

As to the bugs fixes, after the latest firmware fix, the Satio is generally stable and should be considered completely acceptable with the few remaining bugs. Every smart phone has those! However, what should be put under question is the much time SE taking to release the fixes..

As to the missing/requested features, one should also be fair and realistic.
For instance, one can't demand an HD recording option while the Satio wasn't meant and advertised with such a feature.
There are a few must features which SE are somehow obliged to deliver though: Full Kinetic Scrolling, RDS, Equalizer, a more customizable home screen. Also, a compression ratio option for the camera, same that was available on the latest K series phones. Although the current pictures' quality isn't bad at all, but some people do care about getting the max quality from such a high MP camera irrespective of the relative size! So, it never hurts if they included that "Fine-Normal" option again..

Anyway, lets wait for for now, there's no much time left, and then act upon..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 525354  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic