Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > 'SE CEO: Google asked us to build the Nexus One, we refused'

Previous  1234  Next
Author 'SE CEO: Google asked us to build the Nexus One, we refused'
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 00:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-02-18 22:00:35, mallaccra wrote:
all the while i'm using se's phones and not even once i had other brands....
are we suppose to discuss only the good things and ignore the bad things?? owh come on, things only can get better if we are open minded and willing to accept and admit the weakness and work on that weakness to turn it better. as for my statement did i say anything bad of sony ericsson. now what your comment will be if Mr Bert Nordberg accept to google's request??

you are carried away, shallow minded, short sighted and jump to conclusion before understanding the true facts of each esatonian comments. who are you to chase people out...damn

Apparently you don't understand English. Read my post again carefully or have someone translate it for you.
My comment was not about your specific post.

you are carried away, shallow minded, short sighted and jump to conclusion before understanding the true facts of each esatonian comments

The "esatonian comments" are the new Book or Revelations now? What is there to understand except what is written?

Tell me, how is this constructive criticism?
the decision is good for google :se:

"sorry Google but we sucks..."

i don't know what's worse. that google asked SE or that we REfused!

Now Google should be thankful that didn't accept to make the Nexus One

SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 00:33
With the common delays that always plague and their 'super X10' which by the time it hits the market everybody will be looking for a 2.1 (maybe even 3.0 android device with many improvements that X10 won't have) maybe it's not a bad idea to start subcontracting and making phones for google. Perhaps they would have phones that actually get to the market and when they do they are not already outdated and overpriced.
We only criticize because we liked the company a lot and they totally screwed up things there. Android is a chance for the company to get back on its track and they are already delaying models and will probably release outdated stuff AGAIN. It's like they never learn, they are too full of themselves and blind to realize their brand is already getting diluted and underappreciated with or without subcontracting.
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 01:27
@SloopJohnB

"the common delays"

This is written over and over again, but I realy do not know where any of you have picked up this statement from. A web forum maybe? Please mention more than one model that has been delayed compared to the launch date provided by

X10 was announced on November 3rd 2009. It was said to be available in Q1. You are welcome to send me notification PM on March 31 if the X10 not are for sale at that date. Another thing is why does Sony Ericsson have these announcement many months before the available product. I am sure they have a good reason even though I dont' know why the do it.

SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 05:00
This article says x10's release date was pushed back until april: http://www.top10.co.uk/mobile[....]y_ericsson_xperia_x10_delayed/
(I might really PM you on march 31th lol)
X10 is not the first phone delayed by , I'm sure if you look it up on google or here on esato you'll find other examples.
By the time it comes out, people will already be talking about android 3.0 or nexus two or even iphone OS 4.0. It won't be the 'iphone-killer' is hoping it will be, it may even sell less than htc or motorola high-end android devices.
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-19 05:51
Oh yeah...Brilliant minds of Esato. LOL!
Raiderski
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-19 09:48
Tell me, how is this constructive criticism?

Oh yeah...Brilliant minds of Esato. LOL!

google: irony
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 10:41

On 2010-02-19 05:00:15, SloopJohnB wrote:
This article says x10's release date was pushed back until april: http://www.top10.co.uk/mobile[....]y_ericsson_xperia_x10_delayed/

You are refering a guy, which is refering another guy. He might be correct but we do not know that yet.

I'm sure if you look it up on google or here on esato you'll find other examples.

I did that, and could not find any examples. That is why I asked you to back up your statement.
phonegenic
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-19 10:50
good for google too
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 11:32
Surely we must be asking the question, why did Google choose SE to manufacture Nexus One over all the other manufacturers?

Why didn't they approach Nokia or Samsung or even LG?
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 12:59
About the delays... P800 was the king almost for certain And there are another phones i suspect: P900, P990 and Satio. (If they were not delay they for sure took a long long time)

But i think their problem its not the time between the announce and release date ...Its the delay to other companys!
Back in the time of P800, P900 and P910 this was not a problem since they were on top of the competition in tecnhological advance.
But now this is not the case and their products are always outdated or months late (If you compare to similar products from other brands)
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-19 14:08
Although this was a smart move by now its on them ... all industry eyes on what they can do with their products.

I'd like to see Capuchin feature phone in Candy bar to succeed the thrown of the once great K750 with MIDP3; and quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE and Triband 3G!!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 14:30

On 2010-02-19 01:27:40, laffen wrote:
"the common delays"

This is written over and over again, but I realy do not know where any of you have picked up this statement from. A web forum maybe? Please mention more than one model that has been delayed compared to the launch date provided by

I notice you specify "more than one model" because the X2 is so recent and obvious you'd be deafened by the replies. There are others in SE's history, but I think the perception of common delays actually comes from SE's habit of making these announcements so far in advance, and setting vague disingenuous targets that they generally only just scrape in (eg Q1 is always late March, H1 is late June, "this year" is late December) - people tire of it. It doesn't take a genius to look at a phone like the X10 and realise that even assuming they do get it out in shops by March and therefore meet their own generous external deadline, it obviously has been delayed internally - unless you genuinely believe that the ideal time for SE to launch a supposed flagship Android phone based on Android 1.6 is really two months after the Nexus One introduced everyone to Android 2.1?

The trouble with SE is they announce their products at the exact time that they should be launching them. If the X10 had gone on sale last November it would have been a massive pre-Christmas hit, and have stolen most of the Nexus One's fire. Now it's just an also-ran, like so many of SE's recent efforts when they eventually come to market, whether officially delayed or not.
emuneee
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 15:39
This is one instance where I think Sony Ericsson was better off working with Google on the Nexus One. I do agree we'd still be waiting on the Nexus One...rofl. Sony Ericsson would have had access to Android technology months before other manufacturers and the experience and direct support directly from Google would have helped too.

With that said, I'm not sure where in the development cycle the X10 was, so that might have impact the decision.
mallaccra
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 17:01
by announcing early and releasing late (i don't mean late from the promised releasing date) this will only give the edge to the competitor, by then the competitor will add the latest features and os version available into their phones....this is one area that se need to look into imo.

i think it will be a good idea for se and google to have some sort of cooperation between them, so they can share and make use of both expertise and technologies for staying ahead....
mallaccra®
Xperia Z2 |D6503|4.4.2| Xperia Z1 |C6903|4.4.2| Xperia Z |C6603|4.2.2| Xperia ZL |C6502|4.2.2| Xperia TX |LT29i|4.1.2| Xperia Ion |LT28h|4.0.4| Xperia P |LT22i|4.1.2| Xperia J |ST26i|4.1.2| Aino
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-02-19 22:18
On 2010-02-19 14:30:21, Boinng wrote:
I notice you specify "more than one model" because the X2 is so recent and obvious you'd be deafened by the replies.

I have had the X2 since November, and surely understand why they haven't release it with that first firmware version.
There are others in SE's history, but I think the perception of common delays actually comes from SE's habit of making these announcements so far in advance, and setting vague disingenuous targets that they generally only just scrape in (eg Q1 is always late March, H1 is late June, "this year" is late December) - people tire of it.

I agree on that one. It is a perception of common delays. That is why I asked for a documentation of the statement. I really do not understand why announce new models 8-9 months ahead of the acctual product launch, but as I said. I am sure they have reason for it. "People getting tired of it": It is you and me, and a few others in this forum maybe. The man in the street does not care if his new phone was announced 2 or 7 months ago as long as it compete on features and price with current available models.
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2010-02-19 21:22 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi