Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > C901 Mini Manual Mode [M3] Camdriver

Author C901 Mini Manual Mode [M3] Camdriver
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 00:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-12-05 23:55:39, jigonx wrote:

puestadelsol wrote:
With this modded driver the manual focus works well? So can we exclude the possibility of a hardware problem? I really hope focusing problem is just software related and an update will bring a well optimized auto-focus.

yes. manual focus works. please try it

i found that if we want, we can make manual focus steps works fully for makro/close distance only (more precise). but in this camdriver, i make larger step range for manual focus, so, not only for makro/close distance,but also works for medium distance and infinity.

mriley wrote:
any one got a link to c901 origianl camera driver?

in download file, i also give original camdriver from R1GA028 (v.2.9) and original language file for backup

Could we have two types of manual focus in the next camera driver, would this be possible to have one for precise focus macros and one for general focus from macro to infinity?

thanks for putting the original in there too but i have firmware version R1EA033, does this matter , i thought both firmwares have same cam driver, am i right?
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
jigonx
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 01:09

Junz wrote:
Jigonx, may be you need java for run the programme.

i already have java 6 update 17 (newest) installed on my laptop (win 7 home premium).

Junz wrote:
Some bug, iso for xenon not work well in infinit focus, and after taking pic, the display become darker. Didnt know if any members get this problem too or just me.

ok thanks
i've try and yes you right.. display become darker after taking shot when we use infinite focus+xenon on+manual iso xenon, but it's no problem if we not choose infinite focus. i'll try to fix that.

mriley wrote:
Could we have two types of manual focus in the next camera driver, would this be possible to have one for precise focus macros and one for general focus from macro to infinity?

yes it's possible. but, imo there is not enough slot for that (2 type manual focus)..

mriley wrote:
thanks for putting the original in there too but i have firmware version R1EA033, does this matter , i thought both firmwares have same cam driver, am i right?

yes, afaik both firmware use same camdriver version = V.2.9.

cmiiw
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 01:18
i wonder if you could modify the slow sync flash in c901 with manual options for both rear and front curtain syncs
You can enable slow sync flash by selecting twilight landscape then quitting camera then opening it again, then shoot with flash.
explains a bit about it here too: http://digital-photography-school.com/slow-sync-flash
[ This Message was edited by: mriley on 2009-12-06 00:25 ]
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 03:46

On 2009-12-06 00:35:37, Junz wrote:
Yes, manual focus work well.

Jigonx, may be you need java for run the programme.

Some bug, iso for xenon not work well in infinit focus, and after taking pic, the display become darker. Didnt know if any members get this problem too or just me.

This sounds calming for me. I don't think that I'll try this modded driver -as I don't even know how could I install it, and I don't know if it could damage my phone. But this demonstrates to us, that the problem with auto-focusing (you wrote that experienced too the same problem, right?) is software related. So I hope untill Christmas the C901 gets an update and the focusing will be well-optimized, and Ev will could be set to brighter values in bad lighting conditions.

Is it possible to make a modded driver that can be used just as a application?
Junz
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 04:30
Yes, last time ago i get problems with autofocus, almost all of my picture are out of focus. But i'm sure thats not software bug, because when i get problem fixed im still use same software when i get thats problem.
Thats why i'm said "strange problem"

Its easy mate to install this camdrive, just search in sticky topic in software firmware and driver thread
Nexus 4 + C901
mochuothp
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 06:07
can anyone tell me why the AF light (led) and the xenon flash always on although the light condition is very bright
Junz
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 06:20
Thats because this camdriver have forced flash in auto or RER.
Auto=On
Rer=On
Off=off
So no more auto flash again, just on or off
Nexus 4 + C901
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 06:29
@Junz
This focusing problem can be only software or hardware related. Some of us expereinced it, and a hardware problem not really gets fixed by itself, and with sports mode it works more better. Plus you said that with this modded driver you can control it. So we could exclude the possibility of a hardware problem -I mean it can't be a broken camera hardware in all C901 phones with this problem neither some faulty ones from manufacturing. I think a faulty hardware can't work better with a sport mode or within any other circumstances, and the software wouldn't detect that the focusing is done right. It would act in that way as when it can't find the focus.
And software bugs usually act strange. Motorola Droid also has focusing problems, and that was related with the current date. So the phone done fine the focusing on several dates and it failed the other days.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2009-12-06 05:30 ]
jigonx
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 07:10

mriley wrote:
i wonder if you could modify the slow sync flash in c901 with manual options for both rear and front curtain syncs

this camdriver already has slow sync flash mate...

choose xenon ISO 100. in low light condition, with EV 0.0 or higher, it will use slow shutter speed (1/2s)

puestadelsol wrote:
I don't think that I'll try this modded driver -as I don't even know how could I install it, and I don't know if it could damage my phone.

it's safe. use "a2uploader" to upload this camdriver

camdriver0.dat --> upload to IFS/settings/camera

en.lng --> upload to tpa/preset/system/language

there is also an original file included, for back up if you prefer to use original driver.

puestadelsol wrote:
and Ev will could be set to brighter values in bad lighting conditions.

this is also "strange problem" in C901 camdriver. try this trick to increase EV :

in low light condition, point your camera to bright coloured object (e.g. white object, wall, etc). then, increase EV. you will notice that EV will be raise, as you can see the display become brighter. finally, point back the camera to the object that you want to shoot..

puestadelsol wrote:
Is it possible to make a modded driver that can be used just as a application?

afaik, NO. cmiiw.

chuotiutho wrote:
can anyone tell me why the AF light (led) and the xenon flash always on although the light condition is very bright

Xenon Flash always ON --> because this camdriver use "Forced Flash" function for both xenon mode. simply choose "OFF" if you don't want use xenon in bright condition.

AF Light always ON (only when xenon flash is ON)--> afaik, this is one of the bug in C901 camdriver. this bug also persist in original camdriver. cmiiw

mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-06 07:50
please sample pictures
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
thesun
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 08:50
The modification is working great, however, the menu wordings or language are still original.
Btw, I'm using R1EA033 firmware version..

already put the language file, but did not work, I guess i need to update my fw 1st..
duhhh
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 09:01

On 2009-12-05 23:55:39, jigonx wrote:

duhhh wrote:
Can you make one for C902 plssssssssss

may be i can.. I've make modded camdriver for K850 and i think C902 camdriver is not so different with K805's. but I'm sorry i don't have C902 for testing, and i don't have enough free time right now

ok 10x for reply ,i hope you can do it if you gat some free time
[ This Message was edited by: duhhh on 2009-12-06 08:02 ]
Bip
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 17:06
guys plz come original cam driver with this one thanks
mochuothp
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2009-12-06 17:43

On 2009-12-06 17:06:59, Bip wrote:
guys plz come original cam driver with this one thanks

the original camdriver in the download file
thesun
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 03:43
Hi Mr. Jigonx,
the manual focus only works during video recording for me,
snapping a picture will turn the autofocus on (both dpad and shutter button)
I'm using R1EA033
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic