Esato

Forum > Network operators > Europe > yet another "unlimited" data discussion - was: whats wrong with o2 retentions

Author yet another "unlimited" data discussion - was: whats wrong with o2 retentions
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 22:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Over a year ago when i had my old number on O2 pay and go i went over the 500mb limit once. I was over using the Google Maps on satalite view. I did not recieve a warning text but my credit just vanished. Since then i have zero idea if its changed with the limit but frankly who cares as its been discussed too many times and i am now with Orange
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 23:20

On 2009-11-04 21:05:34, Mr Miyagi wrote:
Unlimited is Unlimited subject to excessive usage limit, does not matter where it says everywhere else.

Thats such a classic thing to say ! i'll be using that quote for years to come !

Unlimited with a usage limit !!

So its not unlimited then. Also it does not matter what it says in every single part of anything to do with O2 as mentioned above - its all false. They just put it on the website, instore signage, send those sms saying so just for a laugh !

On 2009-11-04 21:05:34, Mr Miyagi wrote:
When it comes to prepay yes that might be the case a 500MB limit.

The most important word in that quote is might

Thats just typical of a retail sales employee - guess work !

See, this is what i cannot understand and the part which is still on the original topic - why has O2 told me only recently from their retentions department that there is such a limit. And ive always been on contract since 2005 !
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2009-11-04 22:21 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 23:30
Etaab if that is what retentions are saying to you, then why don't you ask them why the website terms is saying one thing and they are saying something else?

I called up customer service and retentions the other day myself and I never got told of a limit. I got told exactly what is on the website. I think someone is telling a few fibs here just to make up an argument when you got no strong facts in relation to what you are saying. However my information is from O2 themselves after talking to them, and the same information that millions of O2 customers are viewing on the O2 website terms.

Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 23:38
See this is why I rarely post these days? I give up, it's like trying to reason with children. Mr.Myagi, I suggest you do the same to be honest, neither of us are going to get through to these people.
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-05 05:33
In New Zealand we long for unlimited data plans but the networks steadfastly refuse to provide them for just these reasons: Customers can't reconcile unlimited with 'fair usage".
When the iPhone 3G was released plans included 250MB, 500MB or 1GB but the last two belonged to very expensive plans. Finally after a lot of customer requests, media pressure and the release of two new iPhone compatible networks, Vodafone has decided to give iPhone plan subscribers like me 1000 MMS + 3GB of additional data free per month. This deal was supposed to end after 3 months on Sept 30th but has been extended indefinitely.

Even with 3.25GB available on my iPhone (and yes this is available for tethering too) I struggle to use more than 800MB even when I try to use it all up.

Would you guys prefer a 3.25GB allowance per month with additional charges over that or an unlimited plan that may be vague on just what excessive usage is? I've always wanted unlimited but frankly, what I get from VodafoneNZ is more than satisfactory.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-05 10:24
3.25gb nice!! Thats more mobile broadband amount. Oh well anyway i say no more on this issue now its getting silly.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-05 20:48

On 2009-11-04 23:30:08, Mr Miyagi wrote:
Etaab if that is what retentions are saying to you, then why don't you ask them why the website terms is saying one thing and they are saying something else?

But they're not. The retentions told me there is a 500mb usage limit. The O2 websites also states this to be so, in fact as i said above if you follow the link for some reason it now says 200mb per month. Also when i walk in my local O2 shop, the staff tell me the same. The point of sale signage also says the same - in the O2 shop, in CPW, in P4U, on those shops websites aswel. Its in the terms and conditions of my current contract which i took out only 2 weeks ago (even though i declined the bolt on) they still outlined this fact. Customers on PAYG and contract both receive that SMS about going over your allowance - including me !

So after all that evidence you still maintain O2 its completely, fully, undisputably, 100% dead-on-ballls accurately unlimited ?!? People are not imagining this. How can even attempt to tell someone that something they see with their own eyes is not real ? its everywhere !

I find it offensive that after barely logging onto Esato this past three years until recently it can be suggested im attempting to fabricate evidence to simply cause an arguement. Possible reverse psychology here and it is you people attempting what you're suggesting of me. Ive not been around for 3 years to see your previous discussion on this subject so i have no motive to try to string it along for a ride. I just go on what i see, what im told, by sms messages ive received - everything. You admit yourself unlimited does not even mean unlimited. So why argue is it when you've admitted it is not !?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-05 21:07
I see your point and i believe you. I think this is strange
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-05 23:14
Cheers i appreciate the fact someone believes me !
Greggy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-06 05:31
Heres an idea scrap all this fair usage cobblers. And give contract users a fixed 3gb. And then charge a quid for every gb they go over. So every1 knws where they stand

This message was posted from a PC Compatible
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2009-11-07 00:19
So seeing as I now have my Satio with unlimited data Lol
Am going to stick my head out and ask roughly what that means in terms of usage, not 200 - 500mb etc. Im talking time when browsing and general use. never used data on phone before so genuinly have no idea .
Not into facebook or twitter just want to maybe download the odd app or browse iplayer etc.

Wish I'd never started this thread lol
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-07 01:10
Browsing iplayer is via Wi Fi so thats not part of the unlimited plan. Its also not about how long you spend online its how much data you send and recieve. You can check it in your data counter or check your bill usage online. But O2's billing systems is so far behind checking your usage is always days behind.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 22:36
It sounds like you're not a heavy user so the limit is probably no problem for you at all.

Just use the phones log to keep an eye on what you use when it comes to connecting online via o2 rather than a wireless access point.
fluke9
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 23:21
I have unlimited data plan on O2 and I am a heavy Youtube google maps and anything else I can download view over the unlimited plan never had a text or anything, I was told unlimited so feck em if they think I will pay anything for going over unlimited.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 20:39
Are you on contract ? and if so do you have a limit on your bill ?

Im starting to think the reason why there is so much difference of opinion is maybe because for some O2 customers it is unlimited, and ones like me its not. Possibly only NEW customers to O2 get it unlimited, whereas someone like me whos been on contract years have a limit.

Maybe O2 dont want people like me to notice new customers have it that way. It wouldnt be the first time something like this has happened.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi