Esato

Forum > Network operators > Europe > Iphone 3G and 3GS on orange official!

Author Iphone 3G and 3GS on orange official!
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2009-10-31 20:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
People on the o2 forum have been talking about it and have had it mentioned by o2 when they've called retentions,
could be all talk but 1 or 2 people seem to be in the know so guess they are probably o2 staff.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-11-02 11:36
posted on behalf of HIJET

On 2009-11-02 11:32:20, HIJET wrote:
orange price plans for the iphone see link

http://interest.orange.co.uk/[....]ommsiphonelaunchdateisrevealed

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-11-02 14:07
ok, I've had time to look at these now and apart from the £30 plan where you get double minutes and text on Orange compared to O2, everything else seems like they just copied O2 tariffs, doesn't it?
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-11-02 15:56
Pretty poor showing really - ok, the £30 tarriff is slightly better value, but it's basically O2 pricing still - complete with the big premium on the 3GS and the same pricing on the 3G that it launched with more than a year ago.

If you just have to have it on Orange then it's good news I guess, but otherwise - meh.

I'm more than a year into my 18mth contract now, and find it very bizarre that if I was in the market for a new phone right now I'd almost certainly end up with exactly the same iPhone 3G 8GB, for £99 on a £30pm 18mth contract that I bought last year... the 3GS is still too pricey, and none of the other deals make sense for me. At this rate, I'll be hanging onto my trusty 3G for a long while yet.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-11-02 16:03
My 18th months is up in mid Jan and if Vodafone end up doing the same prices then I'll prob just take myself back to tmob 'coz I definitly am not staying with o2 after that

so much for competition!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-02 16:57
Orange already said there was not going to be a price war. Bit stupid really but people are still going to get it because its something new an iphone with another network. I personally would choose Orange or Vodafone never O2 again and T Mobile definately not. At least its on pay as you go too I think they will sell well on Orange because there are many people still who dont like O2. I might just be leaning towards getting one as i am on Orange though not contract. I am kind of starting to like it but never wanted one on O2. Crap network imo.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-11-02 16:03 ]
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-11-02 22:35
So much for the so called iphone tariff/iphone price war. am gutted. i was hoping orange would have dropped the prepay price and i would have bought it from them. guess i will just get it from o2
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-02 22:56
They got it out at the right time with Christmas coming up. Though with the credit crunch people may not spend so much this year. With the high price of the iphone on pay as you go people just might not be able to afford it. Only the fortunate few with rich parents or good high paid jobs. I am just waiting for the data speeds on Orange to slow down. At the moment i get reliable good speeds on Orange with consistent reliability. But i know its going to get worse. Well i hope not
Phone?? What phone??
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-11-02 23:21
I'd be really surprised if Orange added enough iPhone subscribers to slow down their network with these prices. I think most of the people waiting for this will now be wondering whether to keep on waiting till Vodafone join the fray after christmas - or perhaps waiting to see how O2 respond, since there's nothing to choose between them as it is. The only thing to swing it is network loyalty, and that doesn't run all that deep on either side.

I can't help thinking that if you've resisted the iPhone this long, you're not likely to leap now at the chance to sign up to Orange for the same deal you could have had off O2 more than a year ago.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-03 00:27
I aint signing no contract i am staying with pay as you go. But also how will Vodafone fare? Will they be any better with pricing. I have a feeling they will because Vodafone seem to be pretty clued up imo. They can sit back and watch the iphone market see how it pans out when they get it next year they can try beating all of them.
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-11-03 13:27
Now that Orange has laid its cards on the table, Vodafone are in a great position to capitalise on the same-same pricing of O2 and orange and they should announce some great pricing NOW to stop people buying into the Orange iPhone
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-03 16:41
I doubt it will stop people buying it on Orange. It will still sell i think to existing Orange customers or loyal customers. But Orange need to entice new ones.
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-03 23:39
From what i have read today 250,000 registered online for an Orange iphone.
Phone?? What phone??
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 00:12
sure many are like me though... registered to see what the deal is, now seen it and think... YOUR HAVING A LAUGH!!!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 01:03
Actually i just read all the information on Orange Wap page. Tom Alexander boss of Orange says over a million now have registered interest. Apparently 2 of the tariffs have a difference of 1p lmao. I would still buy it on Orange because i never have any problems with them and their network is quality.
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi