Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion

Previous  123 ... 202122  Next
Author Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion
mreman4k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-07 01:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HD2 slower than the X2?? Riiiggghhhttt...maybe your friend had a slow HD2. I've personally used an HD2 and an X2 (just a tiny bit) and the HD2 blows the X2 out of the water.

With the crashes, welcome to Windows Mobile. I used to have crashes all the time on my X1, but luckily onced you get use to Windows Mobile and its limitations those go away. Hopefully, people can start cooking up some good ROMs for the X2. Hows the image quality of the camera?
echo.shane
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-07 03:07
ok well if its possible to port android to x2 then i might buy one especially if the qwerty board works and i dont have to slide out the qwerty board to rotate the screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M5cIgMzJ1g
Shane Bygrave - Photographer.Designer.Artist

I Memorable Moments T230, T68i, K310, P1i
I Xperia X10 with 2.3.3
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-02-07 09:09
I also highly doubt that the X2 is faster than the HD2.

Nice to see a very decent upgrade from SE.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
7alif
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-02-07 11:21

On 2010-02-07 01:52:32, mreman4k wrote:
HD2 slower than the X2?? Riiiggghhhttt...maybe your friend had a slow HD2. I've personally used an HD2 and an X2 (just a tiny bit) and the HD2 blows the X2 out of the water.

With the crashes, welcome to Windows Mobile. I used to have crashes all the time on my X1, but luckily onced you get use to Windows Mobile and its limitations those go away. Hopefully, people can start cooking up some good ROMs for the X2. Hows the image quality of the camera?

So you didnt have X2 and you want me to believe you ??

why should i think he is the lair and you are the right ???

a tiny bit my A** DONT say anything till you have or own both of them
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-07 15:49

On 2010-02-07 11:21:01, 7alif wrote:

On 2010-02-07 01:52:32, mreman4k wrote:

While reading all a.m. posts I'm almost sure that most of people who complain have never used the device personally therefore they either just speculate or simply have no idea what they are talking about...
@camera - I haven't take a single shot yet (believe me or not) been busy playing with other features and setting up e-mails, business apps etc...
will write about it (camera) when test it
But I can already say - I am VERY satisfied with the device ! HTC makes good phones - no question about that, but I still prefer X2. Whoever want - be my guest and buy HD2. It's also a good phone and cost about the same money...
mreman4k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-07 16:15

On 2010-02-07 11:21:01, 7alif wrote:

I don't want to wreck this thread with some lengthy response, but I have used them both, and during my time with them, the HD2 was faster, hands down. Thats not taking anything away from the X2, HD2 was faster. :kanyeshrug:

Back on topic: How's the keyboard?

TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 13:45

I don't want to wreck this thread with some lengthy response, but I have used them both, and during my time with them, the HD2 was faster, hands down. Thats not taking anything away from the X2, HD2 was faster. :kanyeshrug:

Back on topic: How's the keyboard?

No offence, but since you have used them - you should know how's the keyboard already, don't you ?

As for my opinion (regarding keyboard) - I have not used it yet seriously. The arrangement of the buttons in Bulgarian language is not done according to my taste (Bulgarian phonetic layout), therefore I need to rearrange the keys before start to use it actively. Besides that, on latin (qwerty) - it's pretty convenient (mean it's NOT like on netbooks, but it's better then nothing), however I have never used the phone with hardware keyboard before, therefore I have nothing to compare it with...

Btw - can anyone give an advice how to change cyrilic keyboard to [Bulgarian phonetic layout] ? It is arranged as [Bulgarian BDS] on my X2 and so far I didn't find the way to change it. Help pls!
dothan
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 15:58
aekmap (it's free) and new layout for it.
X10/X2
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 20:07

On 2010-02-09 15:58:54, dothan wrote:
aekmap (it's free) and new layout for it.

Can you pls post a link - from where I can download it ? A link with bit of guidance how to use it could be helpful as well...
Thanks in advance!
dothan
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 21:40
http://ae.inc.ru/aekmapdownload.php It's quite simply process. Install the program on the device, find or create a suitable for the device keyboard layout. You can try some of the available on the site.
X10/X2
TimeKiller
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-12 22:49
Thanks dothan ! Meanwhile I found another way - for those interested:

Use build in WM file explorer and go to My device\\windows\\programs\\Sony Ericsson\\Keyboard\\
here you find file SonyEricsson_Xperia.Keyboard.Qwerty.Bulgarian.kmap.txt (or other if your language is not Bulgarian)
copy a.m. file to you desktop computer and open it with Notepad or other text editor
Then you can change whatever you want in the keyboard layout (it's really simple) - after you finish save the file and put it back in the phone.
ISL
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-04-01 13:56
Well I read in a couple of sources that there will be a firmware update in March to enable videocalling and FM radio. Does anybody know if this update already available or is it only a rumour?
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-01 17:02

On 2010-04-01 13:56:10, ISL wrote:
Well I read in a couple of sources that there will be a firmware update in March to enable videocalling and FM radio. Does anybody know if this update already available or is it only a rumour?

It's coming in few days.
It's uploading on Emma
I've already seen screenshots:

It WILL have radio and videocalling.
a w a r e
bob2k4
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-02 19:09
MR1 is now available in the UK at least on SEUS
mathios