Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion

Previous  123 4 ... 202122  Next
Author Official Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 discussion
Angello
S700
PM
Posted: 2009-09-02 20:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-09-02 20:44:00, doministry wrote:
I've had all of them besides the last one
http://www.se-first.com/images/stories/vulcan/IMG_8976.jpg

P900 is missing
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-02 20:54

On 2009-09-02 20:45:31, Angello wrote:

On 2009-09-02 20:44:00, doministry wrote:
I've had all of them besides the last one
http://www.se-first.com/images/stories/vulcan/IMG_8976.jpg

P900 is missing

Yes... And I never owned it either...
a w a r e
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-02 21:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QfvfnUoN38
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2009-09-02 21:17

On 2009-09-02 19:09:58, dr.W wrote:
Wow, what a major disappointment. What's the point of going from 3' to 3.2" in terms of real life difference when the Touch Pro 2 has a 3.6" display and the Omnia Pro will have a 3.5" display? If it were AMOLED and the quality was going to be that much better I could see it, but with the same type screen what advantage does this have over either of those two phones, in fact, I think the Omnia Pro will have an AMOLED display. There is no built in storage and no mention of the processor, which suggests that its nothing to brag about and thus not the 1GHz Snapdragon that was rumored. Really, aside from Windows Mobile 6.5, sorry, Windows Phone, and the 8.1MP camera, where is the real improvement over the X1?

After reading Badassman rave about how much better this was than anything else out there now, I was very excited about this phone. Now I'm forced to wonder whether his expectations were too low, or he had a better prototype than they released.

There is absolutely nothing about this phone that I've seen so far that would make me choose it over the Touch Pro 2 or to wait for the Omnia Pro.

I think Mizzle was right.
[ This Message was edited by: dr.W on 2009-09-02 18:10 ]

thot the point of different processor was for the phone to run faster. if its running fast doz it really matter whether its the one from the X1?
people should not complain about the lack of AMOLED screen. have you seem them under direct sunlight? sure they look pretty indoors but you cn't see squat wen you go out side, which most of us are bound to do by the way(windows mobile has never had good legibility under sunlight, imagine that coupled with AMOLED).
the phone is definitely an improvement over the X1. bigger screen - check, accelerometer - check, quick availability - check, lag(lack of) - check, camera - check...etc. Ooooh and xvid support according to gsmarena? IMO, nice one sonyericsson. now show us Rachael.
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-02 21:28
640 hours stand by ??? wow great job there and 10 hours talking !!
A new phone in case it stops workin' ?? great
divx support !!!
great design !!
dr.W
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-09-02 23:32

On 2009-09-02 21:17:19, Legen wrote:

On 2009-09-02 19:09:58, dr.W wrote:
Wow, what a major disappointment. What's the point of going from 3' to 3.2" in terms of real life difference when the Touch Pro 2 has a 3.6" display and the Omnia Pro will have a 3.5" display? If it were AMOLED and the quality was going to be that much better I could see it, but with the same type screen what advantage does this have over either of those two phones, in fact, I think the Omnia Pro will have an AMOLED display. There is no built in storage and no mention of the processor, which suggests that its nothing to brag about and thus not the 1GHz Snapdragon that was rumored. Really, aside from Windows Mobile 6.5, sorry, Windows Phone, and the 8.1MP camera, where is the real improvement over the X1?

After reading Badassman rave about how much better this was than anything else out there now, I was very excited about this phone. Now I'm forced to wonder whether his expectations were too low, or he had a better prototype than they released.

There is absolutely nothing about this phone that I've seen so far that would make me choose it over the Touch Pro 2 or to wait for the Omnia Pro.

I think Mizzle was right.
[ This Message was edited by: dr.W on 2009-09-02 18:10 ]

thot the point of different processor was for the phone to run faster. if its running fast doz it really matter whether its the one from the X1?
people should not complain about the lack of AMOLED screen. have you seem them under direct sunlight? sure they look pretty indoors but you cn't see squat wen you go out side, which most of us are bound to do by the way(windows mobile has never had good legibility under sunlight, imagine that coupled with AMOLED).
the phone is definitely an improvement over the X1. bigger screen - check, accelerometer - check, quick availability - check, lag(lack of) - check, camera - check...etc. Ooooh and xvid support according to gsmarena? IMO, nice one sonyericsson. now show us Rachael.

Do we know its going to be noticeably faster in day to day use? I've compared 3.2" displays to 3" displays, you can tell the difference looking at them, but in use there is not significant difference in the user experience. If you compare the screen on the TP2 it is noticeably larger and is significantly better for web browsing or document viewing/editing. So you're excited about a screen that is 14% larger, an accelerometer, a better camera, and a perceived lack of lag-I guess you're the target market for the X2.

I care mostly about productivity, not so much multimedia, so I look to how the phone will make my work easier. When I have to view a webpage, or edit a word document or view a pdf, I want the text and images to be easy to read without having to scroll for days because I've used up all of the screen. If I can have all that and a great camera and top-notch multimedia I won't complain, but I won't trade the former for the latter.

So, yeah the X2 might be the perfect phone for someone, but I just don't think I'll be trading in my X1 for this. When I bought the X1 it was clearly better than the competition in the WinMo field. The strengths of the X2 compared to the rest of the field are not as important to me. The thing is, HTC will release 10-15 windows mobile phones in the time period that SE releases one, so you know that in a few months something better will come along from them. SE can't be competing against what is out there now, or else it will be outdated in a few months, which is what the X2 will be. The X2 can't even match the Toshiba TG01, which has been out for months now. By Christmas there will be many Windows Phones with Snapdragon processors, 1GB of RAM and 16-32GB internal memory. SE needed to lap the field with the X2, so by the time their next product comes out the field will just be catching up. They just didn't swing for the fences with this one.
T-mobile
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-09-03 00:31
Does the X2 have an FM radio or not? It is not mentioned in SE website!
aydahm
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-03 00:51
so what would be a reason to buy Satio and not X2? 12MP + Xenon Flash?
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-03 00:55

On 2009-09-03 00:31:55, T-mobile wrote:

I've seen it on one of the videos.
a w a r e
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-09-03 00:57
Satio has: the Arm Cortex-A8 TI OMAP3430 CPU with PowerVR SGX Graphics Processing Unit @ 600mhz, so its hardware is far more powerful, yet far less power hungry, it has 12mp camera, Xenon flash, Symbian S60v5, larger 3.5inch screen etc. . . The Satio would generaly be better for Multimedia whereas X1/X2 are better for more Business Orientated things.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
alexlt
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-03 01:16

On 2009-09-03 00:55:34, doministry wrote:

On 2009-09-03 00:31:55, T-mobile wrote:

I've seen it on one of the videos.

Yep, I saw radio in the videos too, but it doesn't appear in website, just like video call feature ...
Xperia Arc LT15a ->> Sandisk 32Gb MicroSD Class 4, Sennheiser CX400-II & MW600
C905 ->> Modded R1FA035 Firmware, 8GB M2, HPM-70 & MPS-75

Visit my blog http://laviedepaulo.blogspot.com/
rizzamarv
Xperia Ray
PM
Posted: 2009-09-03 03:23
Question: the screen seems to be covered by a single plastic sheet ranging from top to bottom of the phone (exceeding the actual screen). If the technology of the screen is the same as the X1 this would be kinda weird...?!? as the screen on the X1 is not really "hard"... (i mean like iphone or glass hard...)

would be interested to know what kind of feel this thing has....
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-09-03 03:53
This handset looks hot way to go SE!

though i'm pretty disappointed with the same CPU used in its predecessor, at the end of the day it shows how good windows mobile 6.5 manages to remain smooth and fast despite the heavier resource consumption by its visual improvements. though i still wished it had that snapdragon CPU or even tegra at least. Also there hasn't been any UI demo on Windows Mob 6.5 in this phone yet. for those who think 6.5 isn't too much revamped 6.1 then heres the video review of one of the latest beta build of the OS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXWVXk2GEo

and for the latest (so far) build of 6.5 here were the screenshots. the start button is now placed on the bottom portion and there were keys as well beside it. the top portion no longer has keys and the user can tap on the top portion to reveal buttons larger icons. the volume buttons are also larger, very finger friendly by the looks of it. i would like to comment on one major thing it still lacks: true customizable themes!

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=8120

as of now, i can see the default windows mobile 6.5 being a more finger friendly and nice looking OS than its predecessor. way better than any stock S60 5th UI imo. even the hardware still betters both N97 or the newly announced X6 - both has still weaker CPUs and no real graphics accelerator. besides, 128MB ram on a resource hog S60 5th is a joke. satio and omnia HD had been pioneering 256MB and nokia is still way behind.
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2009-09-03 03:02 ]
10 years at Esato
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-03 05:20

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=8120

as of now, i can see the default windows mobile 6.5 being a more finger friendly and nice looking OS than its predecessor. way better than any stock S60 5th UI imo. even the hardware still betters both N97 or the newly announced X6 - both has still weaker CPUs and no real graphics accelerator. besides, 128MB ram on a resource hog S60 5th is a joke. satio and omnia HD had been pioneering 256MB and nokia is still way behind.
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2009-09-03 03:02 ]

However, Nokia has a LOT of money to through into the dump with the N97, N97 Mini, and X6; unlike SE.

To be honest this X2 turned out a LOT sexier than I imagined. I never thought I'd like a WinMo device but this is looking REALLY sweet and powerful.

Could anyone think that SE could release a mobile that not only was top sexy - as usual - but made the predecessor LOOK dated?!

I'm seriously going to read more about this and consider it against the iPhone 3GS. I can DEFINATELY see a few S60 5th Edition users that bought the N97 looking at this and saying why didn't Nokia give us this kind of finish.

We'll see what the quality is like - pictures seem to be the MOST important with majority of Esato fans here.

I'm very curious about "USB support". This is listed just under USB Mass Storage ... which to be already explains USB support is there, so why list it differently? Does this unit support USB Host? Nah I'm dreaming n'est pas?

Does anyone know if the TV-OUT is via the 3.5mm headset jack? Is the camera the same used on the W995?
I think although it looks a bit slow, I'm hoping SE firmware can really speed this up, if not the XDA developers WILL. Don't worry that Qualcomm cpu used in the X1 is VERY capable even by today's standards to run WinMo 6.5. Don't expect serious GUI transitions & multimedia prowess that the Tegra/Snapdragon offer - those cpu's are relegated to netbooks or WinMo7.

Thanks for enticing me again.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-03 05:33

Oh if Mariah called me on my phone MAN I wouldn't care what phone I had I'd drop EVERYTHING I'm doing just to be with her .

Oh baby!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic