Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Which is better W705 or E52

Previous  12
Author Which is better W705 or E52
superman129
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-08-07 16:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i suggest the e52. as i have it for one year and i think it works well and have a lot practical function
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-08 00:03

On 2009-08-06 18:19:56, GUCCI.011 wrote:
Get the E52. Its even more of a Music Phone since it has a built-in 3.5mm jack and the AIC33 audio chip. E52 will also take Java Apps plus Symbian Apps, so you have a variety, it has a HUGE 1500mAh battery for great batt life, 600MHz low power consumption CPU for a very speedy performance, it may also support Ngage for Gaming. It has an excellent Web browser that supports full YouTube and not forgeting the 128mb RAM for multitasking as much as you want without a slow down.

If you were going to get a E52 for any of those reasons then you should be getting an iPhone because it kicks Nokia's butt as a music player, has undeniably better apps and app store, has much better gaming than N-gage which is a 2xfailure, supports Youtube better than anything else and a multitouch web browser that's miles ahead. 3G s has 600MHz processor and improved battery life. It's really hard to argue that smartphones are actually 'smart' when compared to the iPhone. Boinng knows what I mean.

The E52 is great as a business phone with 10Mbps/2Mbps HSDPA/HSUPA respectively, document editors and other productivity features. It can do multimedia as well, but lacks the media UI which is a bigger deal than a 3.5mm jack which the :se also provides via an adapter.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-08-08 00:40
Nah bud,Get back to me when the iPhone can Multitask straight out the box, can allow you to edit ID3Tags in the default Music Player, allow me to drag and drop media without touching iTunes, able to be used as a mobile wi-fi HSDPA hotspot, allow me to use it as a USB mass storage device on PCs that dont have iTunes etc. . . .then we'll talk smartphones.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-08 10:22
I'll give you the iTunes comment, Mass storage is available via many apps and the rest no one cares about.
Wake me up when the sales of the entire E-series range matches those of the iPhone (that'll be never)

Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-08-08 10:32
Sales? Wow didnt know people bought phones just because of sales.
Lol, the rest nobody cares about? LMAO! Dam so now you can speak for everyone?
I respect your iPhone promoting, especialy in a thread that asks for either a E52 or W705, you some how managed to turn it into a S60 vs. iPhone, well done.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-08 11:48
yeah, whatever.
I think I've made it clear that if a person wants features they should buy a feature phone like the W705, if they want a business orientated phone then a model from the E-series range like the E52 is a good choice. I won't pretend that a business phone is the best option for 'apps + multimedia'. I'd rather choose from the N-series than the E-series for that.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-08-08 12:36
LOL! you're too funny carkitter.
The newer Eseries arent so different from the mid-range Nseries and XM phones, hardware such as Music keys, gaming keys, dual loudspeakers, naviwheel etc. . . .is all that seperates them realy.
I would understand if the PW only wanted the SE UI and didnt want smartphone capabilities AT ALL, but then in that case he would've already answered his own question. The way i see it if the E52 and W705 are around the same price where he is and he doesnt mind the extra smartphone capabilities then get the E52 and have both worlds, its not like theres much difference between the 2 specwise, the E52 is slightly better anyway.
The ye Walkman UI is beautiful hey? Realy pretty and gimmicky,the only useful thing i see in it is TrackID in my K850 and mates W715, whereas with the NOKIA S60 Music Player its very useful, you have 3 default playlists: Most Played, Recently Played and Recently Added, all very useful especialy when you have over 500 songs and use your phone as your main Music player. This Music player also allows you to edit ID3Tags and album art without touching a PC, but maybe for you all that doesnt matter and you prefer look over function.
The N78 is also a good phone PW, its very cheap now, and has even more to offer over the W705.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-08 22:53
Things like hardware and UI are the basics that need to be done right to the user's satisfaction. These things aren't gimmicky they are important. I've tried the W705 instore and it's an impressive phone with a great UI, I can't comment on using Google maps as I never have but it has everything else the OP will need and looks a whole lot better than the E52 as well.

I talk to my fellow Bachelor of Computing Systems students about their choice of phones - what they like and what they don't - and noone is motivated to buy a phone by editing ID3 tags or having 3 default playlists. They want good reliable hardware and UI that 'just works' and looks good.

A good UI adds a great deal to a phone. I did a camera comparison between 3 phones 2 years ago and found that the SE UI meant that I was far more likely to adjust camera settings and therefore get better photos than other brands with similar spec camera hardware. The same is true for other features too, Nokia used to hide BT settings in a screen accessed by clicking sideways that a lot of carkit customers couldn't find because it wasn't intuitive.

simomed
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 00:08
Ok in my opinion i see E52 mor best than W705 and mor compatible with all apllication lik u want. And thats just a opinion and u you can chose any one o them .

This message was posted from a WAP device
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-09 02:09
lelouch, carkitter, gucci, superman &sinomed,

thanks to all of you,

your opinion and suggestions really helps a lot,

anyone can give me feedback about w705 slider problem?

how about the battery life of the two?anyone who uses this two phones, please give me some feedback about the battery issue?

Thanks
Don't be so quick to judge me, you only see what I choose to show you.
sotam
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 07:25
With the w705 u will get more battery and i dont like slider because the flex with the time will be damage
N82
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-09 07:41
Thanks sotam,

i'm thinkin also about the flex of w705, thanks for sharing about..

anyone using this two phones,
i need your personal experience feedback..

Thanks
Don't be so quick to judge me, you only see what I choose to show you.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-08-09 08:47
carkitter
Lol, well you wont miss what you dont have, but once you have it it becomes somethin' you'll want in your next phone . These phones are both so good that its come down to the very little nitty gritty, so im sorry if those are just so insignificant to you,but id rather get the best i can, especialy if you listen to music a lot. You mention hardware, WELL a built-in 3.5mm jack is what the W705 should have, instead of a cumbersome adapter, that makes 3rd party headphones a pain to use.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-08-10 17:08

On 2009-08-07 15:59:17, lel0uch wrote:
My foe have nokia 6270 and its about 1.9 years old. It is a high end high cost mobile from nokia. My foe and my many friends trusted and bought several nokia costly sets. But after the warranty is over it started giving problem....And when he took it to nokia care, they said it can not be repaired they even did not see what was the problem. Then he took it to another nokia care, and this time they just touched it and told it can't be repaired..... Friends do not buy nokia high end mobile phones because the sells service of nokia is the worst ever.My foe and my friends are suffering so i thought that i should post his bitter experience to all.....Once your warranty is over your costly set will start giving problem and if it is then its gone because nokia's high end mobile life time is just the warranty period they provide. Most customers are facing this problem.....Friends be alert and please do not buy nokia......

This is the first time I've known anyone caring for both his friends and only foe.
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
nnr3
K850 Green
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-08-10 17:53
^
I LOVE my iPhone 3G S
IK850i -R1FA035- Modded camdriver + Modded Display Driver
Modded Acoustic + Creative EP630 + 8GB M2
http://nnr3.deviantart.com
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi