Previous  12
Author o2 sucks. avoid
o2victim
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 10:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Epic O2 incompetence!

I NEED HELP. After numerous epic fails and broken promises by O2 in generating a printed accurate balance on a now unused account so I can have it closed, O2 finally put a figure of £300 due on my account in an email (so I have evidence), even specifying this as a “one off payment”. I paid the outstanding amount in full within 24 hours. O2 then CLOSED the account as agreed. Case over.........not.

Imagine my jaw dropping when a letter arrives from a debt collector, not O2, saying I owe O2 OVER £1600! O2 obviously think two off payments are the norm.

I have now gone to the telecommunications industry ombudsman but I'm concerned that the ombudsman website says they don't accept every case. I fear now that the apparently incompetent O2 have hired a competent company to do their work.

TAGS: failure, hopeless, worst, Otelo, crazy, ludicrous, stupid, disgusting, morons, anger, frustration, UK, never, use, worst, company, ever, award, price, comparison, hopeless, not, OK, poor, dodgy, scam, by, O2, worst, experience, of, my, life, complete, lack, of, communication, business, incompetence, wrong, practice, sucks
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 11:21
Come September i'll be cancelling my contract with O2 after being with them for nearly 10 years (joined them when they were bt cellnet so basically from the start.) Have had enough of the network problems (mobile internet mainly) and sim faults. Will be moving to giff gaff.

This message was posted from a J10i
Greggy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 11:45
Giffgaff uses the o2 network

This message was posted from a WAP device
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 13:09
Yes I know that but they work out cheaper for us than the O2 online tariffs we're on atm. I would have gone with Vodafone but there's no signal where we live unless we go upstairs and lean out of the back window. Plus giff gaff don't use numpty O2's customer service staff.

This message was posted from a J10i
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 18:13
But with GiffGaff using O2 won't you just still have the same problems? I am the same with Vodafone I have GSM where I live but can be patchy downstairs but no 3G which for me where I live is a deal breaker I would love to stay with Vodafone otherwise
Phone?? What phone??
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 20:00
Only problems i'm getting is the awful customer service and slow internet via phone. Signal is excellent, call quality is excellent. I currently pay 35pm for 600mins, 1000 texts and free unlimited (apparently) internet. I'm not using anywhere near what I used to. Not even half the mins and texts that I have which is why I'm thinking of moving to giff gaff as I can get lower mins and texts but still have enough internet usage that I need for less per month and not tied into a contract as I always buy my phones sim free anyway.

This message was posted from a WAP device
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-07-17 21:52
Yes I do buy sim free & what I get on O2 pay & go I never use it all.
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi