Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Samsung Shows Off 12-Megapixel Cameraphone: Samsung Pixon12 (M8910)

Author Samsung Shows Off 12-Megapixel Cameraphone: Samsung Pixon12 (M8910)
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-06-01 22:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ye NOKIA have only been slow with N86 and N97 and mainly im sure due to making Ngage and their Social Networkin apps available for N97 and 5th Edition as well as Ovi Store, i assume N86 is mainly due to the update to FP2 and the new cam module plus the new apps as well but atleast its out very soon. Remember N82? Announced AND started shipping that very week, N81 and N95-8gb annouced in Aug, by November they were already in stores each with a new FW update, would love to know if ANY SE high end has this happen in the last 3years? Oh none. but anyway thats offtopic.
Once again well done to SAMSUNG this looks promising, i hope its not going to record the audio of vids in AMR though.

Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2009-06-01 23:11

On 2009-06-01 21:40:08, se_love wrote:
I love this thread. Guys when SE is top again in 2010 with a shitload of cash and then they are still there in 2011 2012 remind me of yourr rants cause I will need a good laugh...

As i know SE needs to get 100million $ untill next year... soooooo ...
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-01 23:36
One major major thing i wish every other manufacturer would address except Sony Ericsson is battery life. Sony Ericsson have by far the best battery life on the market which so many consumers want Anyway this should not turn into another slanging match of who is better than who its supposed to be a Samsung 12 mega pixel camera phone discussion though i do love a good debate lol
Phone?? What phone??
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 05:44
Well, Nokia did that thing pretty right. But i doubt they would even come close to announcing a 12mp phone in the next few months coz that would virtually kill the N86 sales. Also they have their record of delays. The N96 which of cos was a rehash of they oh-so-popular models was announced in feb and released i september.Anyways, the thing that is worrying me now is the number of touch devices in the market right now. I mean no high end seems to be non-touch. If someone wants a non-touch phone they have virtually no choice whatsoever. I hope SE comes with a non-smart version of the Satio.
This is the reason why i feel the W995 can be a big success.
Luci'sPower
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 09:15
agreed!
i'm still waiting for a old fashion candybar with 8MP and i think it's not just me
a important part of the market doesn't like touchscreens and slider etc.

And by the way N82 is still the best overall classic candybar phone in the world and he was in stores in january 2008
[ This Message was edited by: Luci'sPower on 2009-06-02 08:17 ]
For those who believe no explanation is necessary, For those who don't none will suffice
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 10:20
A smartphone with 8MPx exmor lens, full touch or like the xperia (slider) can satisfy me. OFC with Xenon flash. I really don't need those extra 4Mpx.. I don't want to print it out big as a football field anyway. Not to mention the size. Transfering them will be slower (especially BT).
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-02 12:10
@Norbi The biggest draw back with SE camera phones is their appalling video recording capabilities. At first I thought - no way - will I ever need to record video with my cell. What is the point of having a video recorder with you all day long, etc etc. But after I got my N95 8gig, I can't imagine how I could live without it. I use it for my work (I am a cop), I recorded my son's first, unexpected, bike ride. Every time I fly (enjoy flying as a hobby) and see something funny going on I record, and so on. Yes, a good camera is nice to have but a good handy-cam is even better.
Another major disadvantage with SE is the platform they use. Yes it may be fast and nice (even faster then Alcatels) and fairly light on batt., but is Not a smart phone which means no decent programs. Only Java crap. Of course for my granny is fine but for more sophisticated chaps is not. Fortunately SE had to give in and make a s60 (most used cell 'smart' OS) cell. Lets see hope they will not damage the OS too much Go on and criticize me unfortunately this are facts if you or I like them or not.
'Better govern our selfs the wrong way, then be governed by 'others' the right way.'
- Robert Mugabe - Freedom fighter comarade, peoples hero and President of Zimbabwe.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 12:50
Yeah touch screens are getting boring now i much prefer buttons on a phone. Guess thats one good thing about Nokia smartphones is they are mostly non touch screens. I had an LG Viewty and a Cookie(dont laugh)and just could not get on with touch screens anymore. Before that the last touch screen i had was P990 and P800. Dont like the iphone dont care about Apps at all and it has limited functions anyway. So yeah we need a decent non touch screen based smartphone from SE
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 15:29
For the best high end non-touch we're looking at SAMSUNG GT-i8510 Innov8, NOKIA N86 8mp, and the W995. Personaly id pic the Innov8-16GB -its a real smartphone for "heavy users" forget the N86 and W995. Im also sick of the touchscreen hype, i hope NOKIA and SAMSUNG will continue to make high end non-touch Smartphones.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 16:09
well web browsing without touch is not that fun. Then again, touch is faster.
You guys seen the next announcment from samsung? a multimedia flaghip is about to be born (in 2 weeks). More phones to be announced from Samy.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 16:20
I think they will continue to make non touch screen smartphones too. From what we have seen Samsung and Nokia know the mobile market and know what people want and they should cater for all tastes
Phone?? What phone??
Luci'sPower
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 16:23
samsung is reaching the sky......a lot of high end phones! Nokia is sleeping if you have an N82(2008) or N95 8GB(2007) you don't have any phones to upgrade.... these are the best phones from nokia nothing new in the last 18 months they are sleeping.....Samsung haves the chance to be number 1 if they continue like this
For those who believe no explanation is necessary, For those who don't none will suffice
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 16:33
Well if Samsung hit the top spot it would be refreshing to see. Maybe Nokia is working hard on future devices going to shock us all with something out of this world. Not.
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2009-06-02 16:57
NOKIA arent sleeping, they're HIBERNATING! lol, like you said Luci'sPower, if you have N82, N95-8gb,E90 and even E71 right there you have the best from them. SAMSUNG are now making the real Multimedia Computers i cant stop looking at Innov8 reviews, unboxings etc. . .on YouTube, its the only upgrade from NOKIA's N95-8gb if you dont want touchscreen.
I wonder what this next 12MP Flagship from Samsung will be, touch? Symbian? Android? . . . WM. . ?

FOXLIBRA
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-02 22:37
will cover your camera lens? no more pictures?

Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic