Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > LG GD900 announced

Author LG GD900 announced
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-27 06:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Impressive,now i really hope it doesnt have any of those stupid limitations.
keypad gestures look to me like its oneup on palm pre gesture area.
The screen looks supersharp (too much pixels in there!).
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true - Winston Churchill

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us - Winston Churchill
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-16 02:23
Not long now until its release. UK is August. Cost sim free is between £340-£499 depending where you go. I've found Carphone warehouse to be the most expensive so far.
Have already got the LG Crystal HBM-580 bluetooth headset which I'm using with my Renoir and nearly got the money together ready to buy the crystal when it arrives
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-07-16 02:32
I seen a demo of this phone on BBC News Technology programme. The reporter said the glass keypad can be used to move the pointer around the screen whilst browsing the internet. Just move your finger around the keypad like on a laptop. Clever.
Phone?? What phone??
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-16 02:51
Yeah. A virtual mouse. Saves blocking parts of the screen with your finger when navigating
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2009-07-25 22:06
LG GD900 Crystal review: Crystal clear by gsmarena

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_gd900_crystal-review-379.php

Video demo promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TinvisJsaTg [addsig]
aloukay
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-25 23:11
I dont know about that crystal but my plans is buying an arena and nothing before it

This message was posted from a WAP device
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-11 23:39
OMG I'm so glad I've not paid for one of these. My girlfriends just come home with one as her upgrade and I've had to set it up for her.
What can I say other than the phone is horrible to use.
1)Main touchscreen has so much lag you could make a cup of tea before the screen changes and occasionaly goes wrong on selection eg. trying to scroll along the top set of icons in the menu but the bottom would scroll instead.
2)The touch keypad is nice and much more responsive than the main screen but the phone feels overbalanced when using the keypad as the virtual mouse.
3)Display fonts could have been bigger (feels like I'm using a T700/T650/K770/W890 screen but with touchscreen)
4)Load time when accessing the memory card is awful. Takes ages. Same as previous LG's (Renoir, Cookie etc).
5)The S class music app is worse than the previous versions (my Renoir's music app is much better) for sorting your music. Even on Album view it displays by artist but shows which album that artists music is on. At least on the Renoir/Cokie when you select Album view that what you get. The album names and then each albums music is listed in alphabetical order instead of track order.
6) ITS A FINGERPRINT AND SCRATCH MAGNET !!!!!! Honistly. Its so easy to mark the phone its unbelieveable.
7)The three keys on the front (call,cube and end call) are actually touch keys eg. LG Chocolate, Samsung D900, K850. They are so sensitive you dont even have to have you finger touching the icons. Just place you finger a centimeter or so abouve the key and you select it. Makes for lots of accidental calls etc
8 )Keylock button is the same button used to turn the phone on and off WTF !!!!!
9)Camera is the worst I've used on any phone. You have to have the phone open so the kepad is exposed. Taking a picture is only done by pressing the camera button on the side of the phone. Pictures can be taken in upright or landscape modes bu again the phone feels top heavy. Camera menu interface is the same as the one found on the Renoir Lite KC910i. Pictures are so full of noise.
10)The "cube" interface is kinda pointless imo. Especially the multimedia and widget screens.

Thats all I can remember atm but I'm sure there are others. I just wanted to get it set up as quick as possible so I could get the phone out of my hands.
I've not tried wi-fi etc yet but I'm sure I'll have to set more of the phone up for her sometime which I'm dreading.

Currently in the UK. Carphone Warehouse is the only place you can get this phone from and they will only let you have it on a Vodaphone tarriff of £35 per month or higher if you want it free.
They also supply it on Pay and Go with a Vodaphone sim card at a very extortionate price tag. 1 week ago the phone was listed as £329.99 on P&G in store but has now gone up to £499.99 !!!!!!!

So glad I didnt go and buy this phone myself. The S class interface is such i disappointment imo.
[ This Message was edited by: Rookwise on 2009-08-11 22:40 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi