Wow really nice

This message was posted from a SGH-X660
nirave2
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-06-08 04:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think that's for the most part the main problem with

They announce a phone (two examples: SE X1, SE Satio) and do not release it until MONTHS later, whilst Samsung, for example, announced 1 week ago the Pixon 12 AND the M8920 (not sure if model name released yet or not)...

Simply put, just can't compete with the pure clout of these other manufacturers... lest we forget, is only around 6 years old as a company (i think it was 2002 if I'm not mistaken) and only about 4-5 since they've been properly hitting out phones (2004/5 IIRC)... As they are such a small company (by sheer employee size, they are reported to be smaller than motorola) they cannot compete with bringing out such a large range of phone sustainably.

As much as I do like , I do think there policy of bringing out a lot of phones really quickly to obtain market penetration as opposed to actually creating and releasing revolutionary handsets (they announce ideas but are trumped very quickly as other companies think, yeh why not and they release it within a month or so) and in the end, although this has worked so far, as much as I don't want it to happen, I do believe that within 3-5 years we will see the end of SE...

They lost A LOT of money on the X1 due to shipping it out to HTC and lack of materials etc., and I personally think the only successful route for SE to survive is to create a top-of-the-range in-house design & production team - at present, for top-end devices (and maybe others, I'm not sure) SE are simply shipping out to other companies, and there will come a point where the cost of this will lead to SE simply calling an end to SonyEricsson the manufacturer...

What do you guys think?
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-08 06:25
IMO, in top end the Xperia was the only one to be ODmd to HTC. The other phones have been SE built.Well, this system has been very much prevalent with all companies who have a vast product portfolio. The Xperia was SE's first move into the Wm sector and I would rather have an experienced manufacturer make the hardware rather than having SE bring out a blotched version of its own.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-08 15:48
i think we can continue discussions on this phone (now Satio) in its dedicated thread. or if mods can somehow join it.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=185862

btw mods, the satio thread needs to be moved to the Symbian section
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 262728
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic