Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Official SE C903 Cybershot Discussion

Author Official SE C903 Cybershot Discussion
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 18:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
what are you trying to do with it, unlock/flash/debrand it?
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
dizzybee
Apple iPhone 4
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 18:05
My friend has it in black. Actually looked really nice, was pretty surprised.
damedavid
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 18:16
Trying to unlock it with Aerix. Finally managed to get it loading via ROM, still got errors.
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 18:18
Still waiting for my c903.
Now sometimes doubts taking over my mind.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 18:47
@damedavid

why not try and use another program to unlock the phone? A2uploader/far
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
damedavid
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 18:48
Yeh, I'm tearing my hair out here. I'll give it a go
damedavid
C902 Red
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 19:06
I got the rwf version of A2Uploader (my FLASH CID is 0053 which I read is compatible with the newer version). Can't get the rwf to work either.

Found this one, which works: http://www.4shared.com/file/1[....]7baefc66/a2uploader_CID53.html and you have to press 2 & 5, rather than the "C" button. Time to get reading again..

Where do I get firmware for C903? The places I'm looking don't have it. A definitive tutorial with everything in it would be nice as I'm finding things that are out of date or aren't suitable for my phone.

"Patching a RED phone can't be done for free atm as the semcboot needs to be patched. If you happen to have a RED CID53 phone then there is no free way to change to BROWN." My phone is Red, apparently.

Read this elsewhere: "Aerix Unlocker don`t support CID53,only CID52,so you have topay to do this if it is CID53!" (from this forum). The C903 shows as FLASH CID 0053 on A2Uploader. I've been chasing my tail with Aerix, it seems! Had enough reading through threads for tonight!
[ This Message was edited by: damedavid on 2010-01-06 20:20 ]
Here-I-Come
K700
PM
Posted: 2010-01-16 15:26
hi...may i know what modded camdriver are yall using?:)
TeknoBoi90
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-21 23:24
Hi I just received the C903 and have to say I'm really happy with it, usually after 1 day of use (the hardest day ever for a new handset) I discover almost all the weaknesses... I have to say that even if generally people don't say many good things about this phone I found it damn good and well designed... At least for this moment I am fully satisfied...
Here is my mini review in some points:
-The software is so good, they managed to take the platform almost to perfection so it's smooth, reliable and every thing else you should expect (I'm comparing it with my last C702) Of course nothing revoulutionary for a SE user, but looking at details, here and there they have fixed all what I could think about...
-Always about software, all the programs built-in are in the latest version and that's quite pleasant, Google Maps 3.0, Wayfinder 8, Built-in User Guide, YouTube
-The Facebook integration is really well done and easy to use
-The Smile Shutter is really fun, and even if I couldn't believe it works just perfectly
-The so criticised keypad, personally I like it
-About the camera, less to say, focus is responsive (for sure better than on C702) and the keys work well, also the flash is ok
-The construction is really good, yeah it's in plastic but apart of the so nice design, the sliding system doesn't creak at all (it's my first slider, so I was quite curious) and all fits perfectly (I have a 10W01, so pretty out of the factory)
-The display is good, average for a SE but I appreciate so much the total absence of stuck pixels which I hated on the C702

The only negative things... Yes, it's a fingerprint magnet but I don't care so much (can't do anything else) and the absence of the Torch in the Organizer... Oh, and before the Firmware Update it restarted once after the launch of Google Maps, luckily that has been immediately resolved

All in all, I can recommend it, because the intial problems (?) seem to be all resolved and it's a pretty good handset...
(Of course I reported only the more interesting things because for the rest it's a classic A200 phone and most of us know every single feature of it... And probably a lot of you even knew what I have written, too )

Sorry for the long post I'll edit it if something else comes...
[ This Message was edited by: TeknoBoi90 on 2010-01-21 22:28 ]
b1tch
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 18:00
To me the only issue was the slider being quite loose. Had this phone twice and both issue appeared in both phones.
Having used a white and currently a black one, it was really a disappointment. The phone seems intact when slide close but when it is slide open, I can feel it shaking(due to its looseness) in the upper half of the phone.
The main point I bought the phone for was due to its large screen and design only. Nothing to do with the camera or its functionability.

Should I actually judge this phone, I'd say this phone was lacking a few items.

First of all the 3G secondary video camera. I make 3G calls and the lack of one is really a pain in the @rse.
Second would be the loose mechanism of this slider.
Third would be the lack of wireless connectivity in this model.
The camera could also do better as I personally find it less appealing as compared to the OLD K850i, C902,W902 and obviously the C901.
Another small issue would be the fingerprint-happy housing. This does not occur in the white unit though. The only reason I bought a black was because white and red were'nt in stock.
Also, the so-called scratch-resistant screen is'nt so scratch-resistant in reality. I'm not saying I deliberately used my keys to scratch the screen so you get what i mean.

And on to the good,
The screen is really large(compared to the other SE models with only 2.0 or 2.2 inch screens) and is really vibrant. Colours appear great and pictures look really nice in the phone.
Keypad is also great for sms-ing.
Camera design on the back is just awesome. How often do you get a T series styled phone anyway? Hmm.

Thats about it.
psyminki
C903 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-28 17:30
i have a question about c903 key light

my key light turns off even im typing txt msg
so i have to close and re-open slide to turn light on
and sometimes the light doesnt turned on when press any key

is it normal?
and i cant find key light setting anywhere