Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > PC Suite & Windows 7

Author PC Suite & Windows 7
Schoko
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-27 12:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It's even easier, if you don't actually want to work with Sony Ericsson PC Suite. If you want to use My Phone explorer, you only have to download the Sony Ericsson PC Suite, extract it with e.g. WinRAR or WinZip and then only install the drivers.
Then download the My Phone Explorer and it works.
At least it did with me
arvinlad
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-06-18 16:42
There is now PC Suite 1.6.0 - which is designed to work with P1i and Win7, x64 etc - still stuggling to connect my P1i in 'phone mode' in Win7x64 though
www.answersingenesis.org , www.expelledthemovie.com/home.php
Satiovybz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 19:12
I had no problems loading PC Suite on Windows 7 Ulitimate (64 bit). What version of Win 7 are you using?
naith_kk
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-07-31 12:03
It's an old post I know but just wanted to contribute a solution to the problem of connecting phones to PCSuite using Windows7:

1. Disconnect Phone from USB. Uninstall &/Install PC Suite - follow installation instructions.
  2. Don't plug the phone to PC just yet, open device manager (Win+R; type "devmgmt.msc" without quotes)
  3. In device manager window, select the topmost item (your computer's name) in the tree-list of devices.
  4. Select Action | Add Legacy Hardware from the device manager's window menu.
  5. In the following popup windows, select "Install hardware manually from a list (Advanced)" and then "Show all devices".
  6. Next, you'll be asked to select the location of the drivers. Click "Have Disk" and point the directory to your installed PCSuite's driver folder... (default is: \\Program Files\\Sony Ericsson\\Sony Ericsson Symbian 9 Drivers)
  7. Select "Sony Ericsson Cable Emulation Bus" from the list and install the driver... rebooting your computer after driver installation is recommended but not necessary.

Then try to connect your phone to PCSuite and/or other phone syncing software.

So far it works for PC Suite up to 1.6.0... mine does anyway.
bl-gr-n
T280 Silver
PM
Posted: 2011-07-31 22:08
Wasn't SE PC-suite replaced with SE PC Companion.
Used a 32bit-Win7 and the Vivaz without any problems.

Just make sure to turn of the "Automatic uppdate" and the "Start PC Companion at Windows start"

Now running PC-Companion on a 64-bit Win7 computer and flashed a K850i from 2007.
PC Companion is like the PC-suite free and downloadable from SE Site.
iktar
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-02 22:33

4. start Universal Extractor WITH ADMIN RIGHTS and extract both *.msi, the one we just edited and the one from pcsuitex64.exe
you should get a lot of folders and files

5. navigate to where u extracted the pcsuitex64 *.msi to. go deeper down the folder structure to "program files\Sony Ericsson\Mobile4\Drivers2"
here are your x64 symbian drivers, set setup.exe compatibility to Vista, install

Have registered here only to say THANK YOU! That worked for my old SE w300i and saved me plenty of time when I wanted to transfer all my data to the new Android phone.
After step 4 I just used standard windows' "install driver manually" menu from the "pcsuitex64*.msi folder, and windows did everything itself.

Here is the drivers for x64 folder only, packed with winzip: http://www.sendspace.com/file/wjyzm3 Unpack and then install drivers for the phone from this folder.

Thank you very much, feierwehrman! Hope others who need the solution will find it as easy as me

Sorry for bad english, I'm russian
[ This Message was edited by: iktar on 2012-01-02 21:33 ]
dave1000
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-05-19 12:23

On 2011-07-31 12:03:43, naith_kk wrote:
It's an old post I know but just wanted to contribute a solution to the problem of connecting phones to PCSuite using Windows7:

1. Disconnect Phone from USB. Uninstall &/Install PC Suite - follow installation instructions.
  2. Don't plug the phone to PC just yet, open device manager (Win+R; type "devmgmt.msc" without quotes)
  3. In device manager window, select the topmost item (your computer's name) in the tree-list of devices.
  4. Select Action | Add Legacy Hardware from the device manager's window menu.
  5. In the following popup windows, select "Install hardware manually from a list (Advanced)" and then "Show all devices".
  6. Next, you'll be asked to select the location of the drivers. Click "Have Disk" and point the directory to your installed PCSuite's driver folder... (default is: \\Program Files\\Sony Ericsson\\Sony Ericsson Symbian 9 Drivers)
  7. Select "Sony Ericsson Cable Emulation Bus" from the list and install the driver... rebooting your computer after driver installation is recommended but not necessary.

Then try to connect your phone to PCSuite and/or other phone syncing software.

So far it works for PC Suite up to 1.6.0... mine does anyway.

Another vote of thanks! This has enabled me to get PC Suite 1.6.0 working with my old P990i second phone in Win 7x64. PC Suite 1.6.0 and PC Companion seem to coexist quite happily, unlike the later versions of PC Suite.
rtd2
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-03 03:38
Also registered just to say thanks to feierwehrman and others.

I struggled to get PC Suite 1.6.0 to work as per naith_kk's instructions.

I did though get MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.4 (http://www.fjsoft.at/en/) to work on Windows 7 32-bit with my Sony Ericsson W800i.

Cheers,
rt.

johnmark03
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-07 08:29
I also wants to install the pc suite for sony phone but I am also not able to install the pc suite...
if anybody know about that then please share here...
thank you
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi