Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Proxy of network in mauritius

Previous  12
Author Proxy of network in mauritius
account
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-02-27 07:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
thnx . but it says connection failure....
blakshivam
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-05-31 03:46
Hi to all!!Is there any way to hack orange's (mauritius) wap??I mean,I tried using another proxy,found on the internet via google & supposed to be free,instead of the default one (10.20.3.9) but it went up using my money just as the orange account would have done .The only difference is that normally when you access wap using the default settings,you are directed towards the portal "orangeworld" but with the alternative proxy I used I was denied access to it!!any help will be appreciated!!
StevenC
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-31 09:16
Unfortunately you can't. Orange Mauritius has no free web portal which, of course, would be the solution to cheating it.
bluehorizon
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-10-09 06:23
Thanks for the useful information... using this I can successfully browse the web on my phone on orange using a prepaid 1GB internet everywhere data package

However, I cannot use my phone as bluetooth modem for my macbook for some reason. Phone is pairing fine, is connection to network, getting assigned an IP address, but no traffic flowing. The phone has the orangeworld apn and 10.20.3.9:8080 proxy set up and the laptop is just referencing the orangeworld apn. I have tried putting the proxy settings in the laptop, but this doens't help.

I also have a 3g USB dongle (huawei k3520 from vodafone) which works fine on emtel prepaid, but can't get it to connect to network on orange.

Is anyone out there using orange's 3G USB dongle or phone as a modem - what apn and settings are you using?

any help much appreciated - this is driving me mad (and thats not a long drive )

bluehorizon
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-10-09 06:32
oh yes.... i can use the phone as a modem (doing that now) on emtel prepaid 3G - so its not the bluetooth or mac thats the issue. Only reason I want to use orange is that you can buy a 1GB bundle for 499rs versus 3000rs effective on emtel (.30rs per 100k).

Yash007
Nokia C2-05
PM
Posted: 2012-02-10 17:10
I have a nokia C2-05.Could someone tell me the settings to activate EDGE connection(Orange) on my mobile.Any help will be highly appreciated.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi